Page 810 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 31071076080080880981081181282086091013101810 ... LastLast
Results 16,181 to 16,200 of 67658
    BostonDevil - STOP READING NOW

My niece in Texas woke up to a tarantula crawling across her face yesterday. Apparently, it is tarantula mating season in Texas and there are lots around. One found it's way inside and the dogs were no help. They did not provide an early warning system.

Note to self: Determine when tarantula mating season ends and then schedule trip to San Antonio to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    BostonDevil - STOP READING NOW

My niece in Texas woke up to a tarantula crawling across her face yesterday. Apparently, it is tarantula mating season in Texas and there are lots around. One found it's way inside and the dogs were no help. They did not provide an early warning system.
    Oh Dear God. Nonononononononononononono. Just no.

I'm afraid to ask how your niece reacted/what she did... I assume she's ok since there's no hospital mentioned...

Ay-yi-yi! I'll be creeped out tonight! Even up in VA. We get bats inside the house pretty often and for days afterwards I'm skeezed.

So, Sue, any interviewing going on yet for legal jobs?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Apparently the hairs on their legs are a defense mechanism. She has itching and burning but it is easing up.

I would have had a heart attack. I wonder if adding a cat to the menagerie would help? Maybe she could train Petunia, the zebra loving donkey, to stomp on them.

I'm no doctor, but I gotta think that a donkey stomping on your face is medically unwise.

Apparently the hairs on their legs are a defense mechanism. She has itching and burning but it is easing up.

I would have had a heart attack. I wonder if adding a cat to the menagerie would help? Maybe she could train Petunia, the zebra loving donkey, to stomp on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm no doctor, but I gotta think that a donkey stomping on your face is medically unwise.
    True but note that I said THEM, not her.

Petunia may not be trainable. He likes the zebra mares but the zebra males don't take kindly to that and send him back in less than perfect condition. I think he has issues because someone named him Petunia. Maybe if we tell him the tarantulas named him that will make him go after the tarantulas.

True but note that I said THEM, not her.
    Oh, that's different.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oh, that's different.

Never mind.
    Do I get to start calling you Emily now?

Do I get to start calling you Emily now?
    Shirley you wouldn't do that...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shirley you wouldn't do that...
    Why yes, I would. And don't call me Shirley.

That was my mother's name.

Okay, start of a rant here.

The headline stating "Coach K Honored By West Point" while a true statement in this case isn't. He has been honored by the United States Military Academy at West Point in the past. The award he received on Wednesday evening was presented by the Association of the United States Army. By their own website, "AUSA is a private, non-profit educational organization that supports America's Army - Active, National Guard, Reserve, Civilians, Retirees, Government Civilians, Wounded Warriors, Veterans, and family members." This doesn't diminish the award or the event in the least, looking at the past recipients I will always hold in high regard any list that includes Lieutenant General Julius Becton, who I had the honor to meet when he was Commander of VII Corps in Stuttgart, Germany. I do find the headline misleading and while it shouldn't bother me for some reason I can't let it go.

End rant.

I'll give you something else to think about. Driving to a client's office this morning and did a double take at the bird I saw flying by - it flew like a hawk and had a white head. I actually saw an American Bald Eagle flying by. Wish I could have gotten a picture.

I'll give you something else to think about. Driving to a client's office this morning and did a double take at the bird I saw flying by - it flew like a hawk and had a white head. I actually saw an American Bald Eagle flying by. Wish I could have gotten a picture.
    Got one for you. Did it look like this?

baldeagle1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Got one for you. Did it look like this?

baldeagle1.jpg
    More like this:

eagle-in-flight-20pd56n.jpg

I can see the difference.

24.gif

Ever since getting my face stomped by DinK's mule, all I see are stars.

No spiders, though. I think my scream chased them all off.

The commission gods are not pleased with me this month

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bummer. Retribution for cheering for the Giants and your old classmate MadBum?

Although I didn't like the outcome of the World Series, it was a great series and was up from grabs to the final out last night. I'm really proud of the Royals and the season they had. I hope it continues and doesn't wait for another 29 years to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Have your tutor file some additional "papers" for you. That might boost your "production" and keep you "eligible."

Bummer. Retribution for cheering for the Giants and your old classmate MadBum?

Although I didn't like the outcome of the World Series, it was a great series and was up from grabs to the final out last night. I'm really proud of the Royals and the season they had. I hope it continues and doesn't wait for another 29 years to appear.
    HA!

It was a great world series indeed. I wouldn't have been too upset if KC won. I mean, I don't think I was even alive the last time they were in the playoffs. I'm so proud of Maddy though. What a performance!