Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Decision is already out:

1. Alabama
    2. Michigan
    3. UGA
    4. Cincy
    I think Michigan can handle Georgia, should be a good game, and wouldn't it be wonderful if Cincy beat Bama?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think Michigan can handle Georgia, should be a good game, and wouldn't it be wonderful if Cincy beat Bama?
    Hoping for Bama and either of the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hoping for Bama and either of the other 2.
    The advantage if it isn't Bama in the final, that would mean they lost to Cincy. Which most of the universe would feel really good about.

How’s the weather in Paradise today?

(Good luck, hunker down!)
    Frigid.* Got all the way down to 56 here yesterday, which is a record low.

*I kid (mostly), but it really did feel cold, which is crazy considering I grew up in Buffalo. The skin thins quickly.

Tuesday, December 28

Holiday Bowl
    No. 18 North Carolina State vs. UCLA
    8 p.m. | FOX
    Petco Park in San Diego, California

——

Thursday, Dec. 30

Duke's Mayo Bowl
    North Carolina vs. South Carolina
    11:30 a.m. | ESPN
    Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina

Go, ‘Cocks!

——
    Friday, December 31

Gator Bowl
    No. 17 Wake Forest vs. No. 25 Texas A&M
    11 a.m. | ESPN
    TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida

I’ve seen spreads favoring Georgia from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 all the way up to 9. I know Vegas wants to even the betting but those numbers are crazy. Are they not watching the actual games? A spread anywhere from Georgia -2 to Michigan -2 seems reasonable to me. Have these guys not seen how good Michigan is? I expect the Vegas line to move significantly towards Michigan before that game is played.

Question

Tuesday, December 28

Holiday Bowl
    No. 18 North Carolina State vs. UCLA
    8 p.m. | FOX
    Petco Park in San Diego, California

——

Thursday, Dec. 30

Duke's Mayo Bowl
    North Carolina vs. South Carolina
    11:30 a.m. | ESPN
    Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina

Go, ‘Cocks!

——
    Friday, December 31

Gator Bowl
    No. 17 Wake Forest vs. No. 25 Texas A&M
    11 a.m. | ESPN
    TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida
    Wednesday, December 29
    Cheez It Bowl
    Clemson vs Iowa State
    5:45pm not sure of network

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I’ve seen spreads favoring Georgia from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 all the way up to 9. I know Vegas wants to even the betting but those numbers are crazy. Are they not watching the actual games? A spread anywhere from Georgia -2 to Michigan -2 seems reasonable to me. Have these guys not seen how good Michigan is? I expect the Vegas line to move significantly towards Michigan before that game is played.
    Michigan is damn good and could very well win the whole thing. Tough to beat Georgia and Alabama back-to-back, though.

The Tide is going to roll Cincinnati 45-13. Don’t have a feel for the other game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The Tide is going to roll Cincinnati 45-13. Don’t have a feel for the other game yet.
    You’re wrong. Tide 42-14 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Dudog84,

I'm wondering why you think the Wolverines [where I attended my first football game as a 5 y/o and was scared to death by all those people; and whose striped, cardboard helmet was my first football helmet, but I digress] can handle the Dawgs? Who knows of course, but GA strikes me as a really strong team. Bama had to play a great game to beat them].

And Cincy beating Bama? You did say, "wouldn't it be wonderful," so I guess that was just wishful thinking. Anything more?

Did y'all get the sense of a galactic letdown on ESPN and other outlets when the Final Four was established without much controversy? Thank you Wolverines!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Dudog84,

I'm wondering why you think the Wolverines [where I attended my first football game as a 5 y/o and was scared to death by all those people; and whose striped, cardboard helmet was my first football helmet, but I digress] can handle the Dawgs? Who knows of course, but GA strikes me as a really strong team. Bama had to play a great game to beat them].

And Cincy beating Bama? You did say, "wouldn't it be wonderful," so I guess that was just wishful thinking. Anything more?

Did y'all get the sense of a galactic letdown on ESPN and other outlets when the Final Four was established without much controversy? Thank you Wolverines!
    I did grad school in Ann Arbor, so perhaps I do have maize-and-blue-tinted glasses on. But Michigan has been playing very well the past few weeks. Handled a very good OSU (#6 final ranking) team a week ago, and while I was never impressed with Iowa...42-3!

Alabama is the first decent team Georgia played since mid-October, and we saw what happened. I just think Michigan is more battle-hardened, it won't be an easy game, but I make it about 60-40 (not the score) that they win. If only they were playing it above the Mason-Dixon line.

Re Cincy, yes, a boy can wish.

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Dudog84,

I'm wondering why you think the Wolverines . . . can handle the Dawgs? Who knows of course, but GA strikes me as a really strong team. Bama had to play a great game to beat them]. . . .
    Yeah, I've never been accused of waving pom-poms for Georgia, but the Dawgs are legit, especially on the defensive front seven. It took a team with a soon-to-be Heisman Trophy winner at QB, a couple of All-American-caliber wide receivers, a roster full of battle-tested 5-star recruits, and a coach with enough rings to hang a shower curtain to defeat them. And to make matters worse for the Wolverines, Georgia will come into that semifinal fully juiced with their eyeballs and veins bulging for another shot at the Tide. I'm not saying it would be a shocker for Michigan to beat Georgia; but from where I sit, it would definitely be an upset.

I disagree with this thought process, but a very reasonable person could believe Michigan is the best team in the country and would have been undefeated except for a 5 minute stretch 2 months ago against a good team.
    The bookies have made Georgia a 7 1/2 point favorite. Hard to argue with that if you are arguing about which team is better on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    The bookies have made Georgia a 7 1/2 point favorite. Hard to argue with that if you are arguing about which team is better on paper.
    I think Georgia is better. I want to see if Michigan can put more than 10 points up.

I think Georgia is better. I want to see if Michigan can put more than 10 points up.
    How many points can Georgia put up if they stick with Stetson Bennett?

I think Georgia is rightfully favored. The line (now -8) seems high to me.

How many points can Georgia put up if they stick with Stetson Bennett?

I think Georgia is rightfully favored. The line (now -8) seems high to me.
    He played bad yesterday. But I think he puts it together.

He played bad yesterday. But I think he puts it together.
    Maybe.

I think the most likely result is that the chalk holds no we have a rematch of The Tide and The Dawgs. And then all bets are off.

Also important to remember about Alabama: Metchie is apparently doubtful (at best) according to early chatter. That’s one of their two best receivers, and certainly their most experienced.

UM beats GA by 10+. You heard it here first. GA overrated all year.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    UM beats GA by 10+. You heard it here first. GA overrated always.
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    UM beats GA by 10+. You heard it here first. GA overrated all year.
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Michigan plus the points is a great bet. The Wolverines have stud playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball. Pro’s. They’re better than anyone else Georgia has played with the possible exception of Alabama. And they may prove to be better than Bama too. Anyone who thinks Michigan should be a big underdog in this game hasn’t been paying attention and hasn’t watched them play much. They’re really really good