Page 2391 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 13911891229123412381238923902391239223932401244124912891 ... LastLast
Results 47,801 to 47,820 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Yep. Fortunately, I'm only responsible for my office but there wasn't a lot of warning - 2 weeks from first I heard to first day at new location/company.
    Did you have a moving service do most of it, or did you have to organize it yourself? Just moving the internet service can take that long!

-jk

That is my favorite cheese.
    Mine would be a bleu of some ilk.

Mrs.MtnDevil has been experimenting with homemade crackers. They are sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Happy to help. Lake Champlain is the big lake, all sorts of spots available...a few words of caution, though. IF you're going later in the summer, some of the shallower bays can end up getting blue green algae which you do not want to mess with. But the broad lake is deep and algae free...so I'd avoid places like Missisquoi Bay (way up north) or St. Albans Bay (also up north)...

I assume you are looking to rent? If so, get on it early, because the nice houses get booked fast, lots of repeat customers..if you find a spot feel free to run it by me via PM, happy to help.

Lake Carmi is a fun lake that is much smaller, June is nice there, but algae can be awful in the second half of the summer...what dates are you looking at?
    Thanks much! Yes, we're looking to rent. Looking for a drivable vacation and we've enjoyed the times we've been to VT, NH and Maine before. They've always been driving/camping trips though and w/ the kids now, we thought we'd try staying a while somewhere. We'd be looking probably sometime in from late May to late June.

What do you think about Lake Willoughby? Lake Bomoseen, Caspian, Crystal, Maidstone? Know anything about any of those?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thanks much! Yes, we're looking to rent. Looking for a drivable vacation and we've enjoyed the times we've been to VT, NH and Maine before. They've always been driving/camping trips though and w/ the kids now, we thought we'd try staying a while somewhere. We'd be looking probably sometime in from late May to late June.

What do you think about Lake Willoughby? Lake Bomoseen, Caspian, Crystal, Maidstone? Know anything about any of those?
    What about Squam Lake in NH? I've been there many times although not for a long time. My memories of it are positive. Also, my memories of it are that it's fairly quiet, some boats but not a lot and I think it's not a big enough lake for super speedy power boats anyway.

Fun fact: On Golden Pond was filmed at Squam Lake. The house used in the movie belonged to an MD/researcher in the group that I worked with when I first moved up to Boston and I've stayed in that house.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Did you have a moving service do most of it, or did you have to organize it yourself? Just moving the internet service can take that long!

-jk
    Fortunately, I only have to deal with my personal office space. They have an IT department that handled the tough stuff and very little furniture moved.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It even goes well with my gravy, which I should start shipping out late next week.
    Wait, does this mean I have to switch to potatoes?

Wait, does this mean I have to switch to potatoes?
    Did I get it backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What about Squam Lake in NH? I've been there many times although not for a long time. My memories of it are positive. Also, my memories of it are that it's fairly quiet, some boats but not a lot and I think it's not a big enough lake for super speedy power boats anyway.

Fun fact: On Golden Pond was filmed at Squam Lake. The house used in the movie belonged to an MD/researcher in the group that I worked with when I first moved up to Boston and I've stayed in that house.
    Ohhh, thanks! That looks very nice, will have to explore further!

Closing down an office to move to another is a pain.
    Moving, in general, is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Which family? Aren’t they going to be mad?

When I was younger, we had a cedar tree in our front yard in a residential neighborhood. My mom had been nurturing it for years so that it could be decorated every year when it got big enough. The Christmas finally came. My parents bought the decorations, and were set to do it. Before that happened, I glanced out the window one day, and saw a man walking out of our yard with our tree over his shoulder. My dad, who was not one to be messed with, caught up with him. I was surprised that there wasn’t a butt whipping. Instead, my dad gave him a stern lecture, using strong Navy language, and brought the tree home. We decorated it, but inside.
    Whoa. Who in the heck has the nerve to cut a tree out of someone’s yard?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    The guy was lucky my dad caught him. My mom would’ve shot him.

Let’s hear the story. My first cousin-in-law once confronted a line cutter, asking them to move to the rear of the line. They refused. Cousin-in-law picked him up and carried him to the back of the line. Received an ovation.
    Great story! I’ve often wanted to do this but do not possess the upper body strength.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Great story! I’ve often wanted to do this but do not possess the upper body strength.
    Push-ups, lots and lots of push-ups.

Ha, I was just about to recommend Willoughby. VERY beautiful...it's out of the way, not much around it, which is good and bad...we love that place...if you're looking for lots of non lake activities, there's not much around, but we like being self contained at a lake. Same for Caspian, great lake (Bill Rehnquist had a house there) right in the famous Beer and Cheese Belt. Bomoseen can have mosquito issues for some reason.
    Get going on this early, good place book up fast...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Push-ups, lots and lots of push-ups.
    Ain't that the truth.

Turkey poblano bean soup night.

Turkey poblano bean soup night.
    That sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That sounds good.
    Hmmmmm. I’m suspicious.

Hmmmmm. I’m suspicious.
    I am anti-turkey, but pro-soup.

Buck O'Neil has finally been elected to the baseball hall of fame. About dawn time even if it is fifteen years too late.

Buck O'Neil has finally been elected to the baseball hall of fame. About dawn time even if it is fifteen years too late.
    Absolutely. National treasure.