Page 2382 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 13821882228223322372238023812382238323842392243224822882 ... LastLast
Results 47,621 to 47,640 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Nyquil Hangover would also be a good band name.
    True story. In my idle googling, I learned that intentionally getting sick on Nyquil (or, more specifically, the DXM portion) is called robotripping and that adding codeine cough syrup and mountain dew may be called 'drank'.

This has turned in to the regrets and indiscretions thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This has turned in to the regrets and indiscretions thread.
    In my experience, indiscretions usually come before regret.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Regrets - I've had a few

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'll plead poetic license for my indiscretion.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'll plead poetic license for my indiscretion.
    They license indiscretions? Well, I suppose if they can license booze they can license what follows.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Regrets - I've had a few
    But did you do it your way?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That turned out being one of my regrets.

Nyquil Hangover would also be a good band name.
    At least until the C&D letter from P&G
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just like my Mother taught me since it was her favorite song.

All fun and games until you have to go back to work after 5 days off.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm sorry. I snapped like a dry twig. You didn't deserve that. People on the main page don't recognize that zone is what you play when you can't match up physically. And I'm carrying it in my shoulders. I took it out on you and you didn't deserve that.
    Hah. All good. I took it in the spirit of this thread. Oh, and:

Hah. All good. I took it in the spirit of this thread. Oh, and:
    I'm an angry lil fella.

I'm an angry lil fella.
    In case it wasn't clear, BTW, I meant the last sentence: Thanks for posting your list. I love hearing other people's music choices. It's been an interesting listen.

In case it wasn't clear, BTW, I meant the last sentence: Thanks for posting your list. I love hearing other people's music choices. It's been an interesting listen.
    I'm just messing with you. I know you were being funny. These are all songs that I enjoy and I do think there are some real classic, but there are also some esoteric things that most people probably haven't heard. That James Brown stuff is absolute gold. Comedic and holiday gold. This list was my attempt not to have to listen to crappy Christmas music. If I had to listen to Michael Buble one more time I was driving off a bridge.

I'm just messing with you. I know you were being funny. These are all songs that I enjoy and I do think there are some real classic, but there are also some esoteric things that most people probably haven't heard. That James Brown stuff is absolute gold. Comedic and holiday gold. This list was my attempt not to have to listen to crappy Christmas music. If I had to listen to Michael Buble one more time I was driving off a bridge.
    My kids actually like that horrible Mariah Carey thing. And the radio keeps playing the McCartney one, too, which causes instant station switch and has nearly led me to have an accident. (I'm not making that up.) Fortunately my kids hate that one as much as I do, and as much as we both hate that other repetitive piece of schlock that he wrote, nominally for the Beatles.

I won't use the title for any of those. They are anathema.

Humidifiers are smaller than they used to be.

just cut down my own Christmas tree, just like Paul Bunyon. Now it's got the flashing, color changing Chinese lights doing their thing, very exciting.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My kid's used to play that game where you "win" by not hearing Last Christmas a single time during the holiday season. I like to listen to inane Christmas music when I'm driving so it's been a source of tension for the last decade or so, but, luckily they have mostly grown out of caring. The youngest still plays though, so he keeps trying to get me to turn off the Christmas music station in the car. I have won the others over by promising to keep a tally of Taylor Swift vs. George Michael.

The score so far: Taylor - 3, George - 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My kid's used to play that game where you "win" by not hearing Last Christmas a single time during the holiday season. I like to listen to inane Christmas music when I'm driving so it's been a source of tension for the last decade or so, but, luckily they have mostly grown out of caring. The youngest still plays though, so he keeps trying to get me to turn off the Christmas music station in the car. I have won the others over by promising to keep a tally of Taylor Swift vs. George Michael.

The score so far: Taylor - 3, George - 1.
    I went through a George Michael phase where I wore a dangling earring and a leather jacket. I can't really grow facial hair now, so I definitely couldn't then. But I wanted to be a ladies man, just like George Michael was. You could make the case that I wasn't really paying attention in the 80s.