T. Rex makes the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

OK, I may be the only one who cares about that, but Electric Warrior is one of the 5 albums I'd take to a desert island.

Along with The Doobie Brothers (seriously? 1st time nominee, about time), Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Whitney Houston, and The Notorious B.I.G.

Marc Bolan will be Bang(in') A Gong in heaven.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...YaR?li=BBnbfcL

Now if we can just get Foreigner in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Whitney Houston, and The Notorious B.I.G.
    For purposes of this Hall, the definition of rock and roll has (long) been stretched beyond recognition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_a...Fame#Criticism

I've been; it wasn't that great.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    For purposes of this Hall, the definition of rock and roll has (long) been stretched beyond recognition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_a...Fame#Criticism

I've been; it wasn't that great.
    Additionally, there are some...surprising inclusions and egregious omissions even ignoring the "expanded" definition of rock.

No Zevon, no Feat ... no peace.

As an owner of "Prophets, Seers, and Sages", "Electric Warrior", and "The Slider", I did love me some T-Rex back in the day, but how they're in ahead of Judas Priest and Pat Benetar is beyond me. I realize T-Rex gets credit for being Glam Rock innovators and plenty of New Wave bands credit them as inspirations, but Priest are Metal Gods and the cool girls back in the day, dressed either like Pat or Madonna.

Of course this is the same institution that fails to recognize Grand Funk Railroad, so why am I shocked. I'm just glad the Doobies finally made it, way overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That's the Fossil Rock HOF.

And I agree completely with all the other posters. The RnRHOF is a bit of a sham for their glaring omissions.

And though Bolan was glam, he was a heckuva guitarist.

That's the Fossil Rock HOF.

And I agree completely with all the other posters. The RnRHOF is a bit of a sham for their glaring omissions.

And though Bolan was glam, he was a heckuva guitarist.
    You say that as if there is something wrong with glam. Bowie had his glam phase and there were quite a few decent glam songs from the Chapmann-Chinn factory. I mean who doesn't own at least one Suzi Quatro album.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    You say that as if there is something wrong with glam. Bowie had his glam phase and there were quite a few decent glam songs from the Chapmann-Chinn factory. I mean who doesn't own at least one Suzi Quatro album.
    You must not realize who started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Additionally, there are some...surprising inclusions and egregious omissions even ignoring the "expanded" definition of rock.
    Exactly. And speaking of the late great Neal Peart, Rush was for many years the Hall's longest-running, most inexplicable snub ... IMHO. I mean, airplay, concert ticket sales, album sales, and longevity have to count for something at some point, don't they?? Well, for about 15 years, the answer was no, if the keepers of the keys don't like the cut of your jib. And they apparently didn't.

Long-running snubs and inexplicable inclusions generate publicity, and maybe for the R&R HOF, that's not a bad thing. Or maybe they're just blankety-blanks.

Foreigner needs to be there.

OK, I may be the only one who cares about that, but Electric Warrior is one of the 5 albums I'd take to a desert island.

Along with The Doobie Brothers (seriously? 1st time nominee, about time), Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Whitney Houston, and The Notorious B.I.G.

Marc Bolan will be Bang(in') A Gong in heaven.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...YaR?li=BBnbfcL

Now if we can just get Foreigner in there.
    Not sure where you live, but I have it on good authority that the Doobies and Foreigner will visit Raleigh this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Foreigner needs to be there.
    see note above...