Page 2568 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15682068246825182558256625672568256925702578261826683068 ... LastLast
Results 51,341 to 51,360 of 67387
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If I’m going to regret meals in Chicago, put me down for hot dogs, Italian beef, and the Chicken Marsala at Rosebud.
    My mom used to talk up NYC hot dogs like they were some miracle of sausage making. Color me surprised when I got there and they all tasted like, well, hot dogs. I'm very skeptical of any city's claim to having the best 'hot dog' as it's one of the few meat inserts that tastes the same just about everywhere you go. Now, the toppings may very and there are some mild gradients in meat-to-water ratio but a hot dog is a hot dog is a hot dog.

Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My mom used to talk up NYC hot dogs like they were some miracle of sausage making. Color me surprised when I got there and they all tasted like, well, hot dogs. I'm very skeptical of any city's claim to having the best 'hot dog' as it's one of the few meat inserts that tastes the same just about everywhere you go. Now, the toppings may very and there are some mild gradients in meat-to-water ratio but a hot dog is a hot dog is a hot dog.

Fight me.
    Counterpoint: the NYC hot dog has been floating in that cart’s hot water for however many hours. A really good kosher beef dog with that fresh snap when you bite it is just divine.
    And yes, you’re right…the suite of toppings on a Chicago dog plus the poppy seed bun and double mustard is absolutely part of its appeal.

Related: A hot dog is a sandwich. Fight me.

Counterpoint: the NYC hot dog has been floating in that cart’s hot water for however many hours. A really good kosher beef dog with that fresh snap when you bite it is just divine.
    And yes, you’re right…the suite of toppings on a Chicago dog plus the poppy seed bun and double mustard is absolutely part of its appeal.

Related: A hot dog is a sandwich. Fight me.
    I think we have a few radical sammie anarchists here on DBR (bottom right, click to enlarge).

Sammie.jpg

I think we have a few radical sammie anarchists here on DBR (bottom right, click to enlarge).

Sammie.jpg
    That chart is wrong because "hot dog is a sandwich" could not be further from being a neutral position.

This is obviously propaganda to frame hot-dogs-as-a-sandwich in a less negative light.

So, this is how it ends?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, this is how it ends?
    Ah, man. You can’t say stuff like that right now!

I am afraid that in trying to be a peacemaker on a different thread, I’ve unite unintentionally upset several folks I really respect. Do I’m putting myself in timeout.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    PopTarts are many things, especially to people around here, but sandwich is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am afraid that in trying to be a peacemaker on a different thread, I’ve unite unintentionally upset several folks I really respect. Do I’m putting myself in timeout.
    I read that. You didn't do anything wrong. You offered up an explanation and an apology. They chose to get upset. Getting upset is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    PopTarts are many things, especially to people around here, but sandwich is not one of them.
    In the chart’s defense, such beliefs are described as radical sandwich anarchy. If such beliefs became prevalent I would expect wide scale societal disruption leading to crumbling rule of law and a return to savagery. A global lord of the flies divided along pop tart classification beliefs would be the new world order.

Here, I am undoubtedly piggy.

In the chart’s defense, such beliefs are described as radical sandwich anarchy. If such beliefs became prevalent I would expect wide scale societal disruption leading to crumbling rule of law and a return to savagery. A global lord of the flies divided along pop tart classification beliefs would be the new world order.

Oh. My. God. The LTE is an island of Piggies.

We must hold strong and fight the radical sandwich anarchy - the fate of the world is at stake. PopTarts are NOT sandwiches, as least not until they bring back the peppermint filled chocolate ones.

We must hold strong and fight the radical sandwich anarchy - the fate of the world is at stake. PopTarts are NOT sandwiches, as least not until they bring back the peppermint filled chocolate ones.
    Is a s'more a sandwich?
    And by extension, is a s'mores PopTart...the best PopTart, no questions asked and no dissent brooked...a sandwich?

Is a s'more a sandwich?
    And by extension, is a s'mores PopTart...the best PopTart, no questions asked and no dissent brooked...a sandwich?
    1st page throwback - I love it.

Won't fight you...

Fight me.
    ...but respectfully disagree. I offer as evidence the following hotdog selection: https://hofmannsausage.com/. These are fabulous hotdogs ...suitable as a hostess gift anytime I visit out of Central NY.

Somewhat counterintuitively, I'll point to the fact that, when younger, our kids wouldn't eat them - while quite amenable to the more conventional dawgs (that fit the a hotdog is a hotdog position). If someone doesn't like them - there must be differences.

Quod erat demonstratum.

Is a s'more a sandwich?
    Pop tarts and smores are closer to cookies than sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    One COULD argue that a PopTart is a handpie, which is or isn't really a pie.

Take that!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    One COULD argue that a PopTart is a handpie, which is or isn't really a pie.

Take that!
    I can live with this. Like a flat and crappy version of B&G hand pies. Pop tarts=generic.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes, well, https://thefeedfeed.com/sandwich-cookies

Oh. Dear. Lord. We have crossed the Rubicon.