Page 13 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Caution - some material not appropriate

I just drank some tea with milk and honey in it and now i feel hot. Not sexy hot, warm hot.

Speaking of milk, anybody ever see Lewis Black do his routine about milk? Very funny stuff, especially the bit about soy milk. Something like there's no such thing as soy milk, it's soy juice. But they call it soy milk because if you say soy milk you actually gag. And you know how I know there's no such thing as soy milk? Because there are no soy "mammaries".

Taking PW to the next level

I did a quick google and found some smilies at http://www.clicksmilies.com/ saved one of them, and then clicked "file" at http://tinypic.com/ , then browse, click upload, then copy from the img code and paste to your reply.

I haven't done animated smilies before. Testing:

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    As promised, I just did a quick, unscientific count of unique posters to this thread and we're at 35, assuming I counted right. No Jason though, and no throatybeard. Are they away for the holidays or are they just too good for us? Should we shame people into posting?

Mmmmm, tea. I have two shelves in my pantry devoted to tea. I don't drink coffee.

That's a good one - tea or coffee?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh, just to report, I'm taking a break from baking for the party tonight but I've already made brownies, a baked custard, and gingerbread. I'm going for chocolate-peppermint chews and cupcakes (sadly from a mix but they are for the kids) before 7:30 tonight.

Much more ambitious than I on the baking side. What I do miss are the "Spritz" cookies my Mom used to make for the holidays.

No Billybreen either. The mods probably don't or shouldn't sink to this level.

Tea over coffee but Hot Chocolate over either...

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    I did a quick google and found some smilies at http://www.clicksmilies.com/ saved one of them, and then clicked "file" at http://tinypic.com/ , then browse, click upload, then copy from the img code and paste to your reply.

I haven't done animated smilies before. Testing:

Thanks! A huge help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Tree-toppers, Angel or Star?
    Definitely Star, no Vlad the Impaler here.

baking

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, just to report, I'm taking a break from baking for the party tonight but I've already made brownies, a baked custard, and gingerbread. I'm going for chocolate-peppermint chews and cupcakes (sadly from a mix but they are for the kids) before 7:30 tonight.
    I'm not sexist but the females in my house do all the baking. Well, almost all. I bake muffins and oatmeal cookies sometimes. This morning I made an omelet. Eggs, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, cheddar. Tasty. Right now there's a turkey in the oven. We were away for Thanksgiving, so we're having family over and having a fake Thanksgiving.

Does saying I'm not sexist or even thinking it actually imply that I am sexist? Or because I think about whether or not that makes me sexist does that cancel it out and neutralize the sexism?

These are unknown unknowns.

I do drink the soy juice but can only tolerate the vanilla flavored stuff...

soy is bad

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I do drink the soy juice but can only tolerate the vanilla flavored stuff...
    I've read on the internets that soy is now bad for you. Unhealthy. Unless properly processed into tofu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Does saying I'm not sexist or even thinking it actually imply that I am sexist? Or because I think about whether or not that makes me sexist does that cancel it out and neutralize the sexism?

These are unknown unknowns.
    I was thinking the same thing. So I do some of the baking and cooking around my place. Which helps, because if I didn't do it no one would...

I live by myself

Should we shame people into posting?
    Nahhh. Especially not the mods! I wonder what they think about this thread. As long as we're keeping things light-hearted, hopefully they at least find it "harmlessly amusing." It's 2 weeks before the next game. Need something to talk about. Reminds me of Seinfeld, a sitcom about nothing. Or so it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    It's 2 weeks before the next game. Need something to talk about.
    Yeah, didn't the Athletic Department realize that most of us would have some free time this time of year? How could they not schedule games for our enjoyment. Is this another reason to change leadership?

Mr. Brooks

Watched it last night. Entertaining, weird, disturbing. Costner's finest performance this decade. I'd give it 3 stars and two buckets of popcorn, maybe some peanut M&Ms.

Watched it last night. Entertaining, weird, disturbing. Costner's finest performance this decade. I'd give it 3 stars and two buckets of popcorn, maybe some peanut M&Ms.
    If there aren't any Red Vines or Twizzlers involved, I probably won't bother. Unless I smell the movie theater popcorn. Then I will watch anyways. I also like those popcorn tins you get around this time of year. No companies sent me any this year, all I got were some chocolates.

Meaninglessness

Why doesn't Bostondevil offer a prize for the most meaningless post in this thread? Maybe a nice car, perhaps a 3 series, or a back rub. But the post has to contain exactly 41 words and reference cars and back rubs.

nothin

If there aren't any Red Vines or Twizzlers involved, I probably won't bother. Unless I smell the movie theater popcorn. Then I will watch anyways. I also like those popcorn tins you get around this time of year. No companies sent me any this year, all I got were some chocolates.
    "I didn't get nothin, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage."

Thanks! A huge help!
    You're most welcome! And I'm not writing this as a PW, but as a fellow member of DBR who wants to help Bostondevil's thread reach its goal. I think. Well, looking deep within my soul and seeing that I'm nowhere near 100% pure in heart, I suppose I'm guilty to some degree of possessing ulterior motives. But still...

Do I win?

Cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars backrubs cars

Why doesn't Bostondevil offer a prize for the most meaningless post in this thread? Maybe a nice car, perhaps a 3 series, or a back rub. But the post has to contain exactly 41 words and reference cars and back rubs.
    An interesting notion, but fraught with potential fraud. I mean, if it were a new 3-series, I would contribute some bucks to ensure I won. Crap, lost count of my words...I guess I'm out.