Page 1626 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 62611261526157616161624162516261627162816361676172621262626 ... LastLast
Results 32,501 to 32,520 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Took Arrow to MGH yesterday for an appointment with his orthopedist (yes, the kid sees an orthopedist for his scoliosis) and the result is things have gotten bad enough that he needs surgery. Full spinal MRI next Friday (day after Thanksgiving), follow-up appointment with his orthopedist on Dec. 10 when we will discuss surgical options. His doc feels he is a prime candidate for a new kind of surgery. If we go that route he will be one of the first 1000 people in the world to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Favorite cheese? Probably Port Salut. Although that's a little bit like asking to pick a favorite child.
    My favorite child is the oldest of the second set of twins. By far.

The rest better pick up the pace if they want to inherit the vast OPK fortune of old baseball cards and a well-loved Big Green Egg.

Favorite cheese - Havarti with Dill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Took Arrow to MGH yesterday for an appointment with his orthopedist (yes, the kid sees an orthopedist for his scoliosis) and the result is things have gotten bad enough that he needs surgery. Full spinal MRI next Friday (day after Thanksgiving), follow-up appointment with his orthopedist on Dec. 10 when we will discuss surgical options. His doc feels he is a prime candidate for a new kind of surgery. If we go that route he will be one of the first 1000 people in the world to have it.
    I'm sorry that surgery is necessary. Glad that there will be options - including new procedures. Prayers and vibes that all goes well.

Yes, good luck and vibes bd. Didn't mean to skip over that part of your post.

I LOVE blue cheese. Or fromage bleu, however you prefer to say it. I know it's a love or hate it thing, but YUM! Especially Amish smoked.

America was built on melted cheese, never lose sight of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    America was built on melted cheese, never lose sight of that fact.
    Or, at minimum, on a cheese food product.

I am reminded of a visit to the beach in NC many years ago, my wife wondered if the Heeter-Tweeter mega grocery store might have some pimento cheese spread. Yeah, they literally had about 15 linear feet of it. Could have used it as mortar for a nice brick home.

Provolone melted over a nice fire...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Provolone melted over a nice fire...
    ever try the aged, big wheel stinky (really pungent) provolone? Love that stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My favorite child is the oldest of the second set of twins. By far...

When my son was presenting as a problematical pre-teen, I decreed that his sister had just been elevated to favorite child. Much applause from his father and said sister.
    Son was then questioned as to what that now made him.

He replied, "Tallest child?"

He went on to many more hijinks and adventures.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yes, good luck and vibes bd. Didn't mean to skip over that part of your post.
    Cheese is always more fun to think about.

I once asked all of my sons, individually, if they thought I had a favorite child and if so, who it was. I got the same answer 3 times: "Me! And [Arrow]." Arrow just answered, "Me!" I took that as a sign that I was doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ever try the aged, big wheel stinky (really pungent) provolone? Love that stuff...
    Stinky cheese is among the world’s great religions. Practicing it brings adherents closer to God.

For some reason I have “Angel of the Morning” stuck in my head.

For some reason I have “Angel of the Morning” stuck in my head.
    Maybe you should be playing with the Queen of Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Maybe you should be playing with the Queen of Hearts?
    Hearts. . .

D7E09A1E-6268-45E3-A895-C038C1FF03B0.jpg

Or diamonds?

415D1814-8C86-414C-9030-67558934CE77.jpg

Hope that last picture didn’t trigger anyone. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Stinky cheese is among the world’s great religions. Practicing it brings adherents closer to God.
    I got my first excellent tutorial in stinky provolone at the Italian Market in South Philly, what a marvelous place. Say hi to them for me!

Our houseguest who found herself without a place to stay during Covid-19 just left for Portland Oregon this morning. Bittersweet to see her go after three months - wishing her and her sweet dog safe adventures.