Page 134 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 34841241321331341351361441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 67390

No...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Adding to the post count to surpass BB.
    Don't tempt the gods. I suspect that he will return, and we will witness a post frenzy never before seen in DBR history.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Don't tempt the gods. I suspect that he will return, and we will witness a post frenzy never before seen in DBR history.
    I love being a witness to history.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My puppy conquered the stairs! She watched the beagle do it, cocked her head, and ran up behind her. Great way to start the day.
    Precious!! The funniest part to me is how they'll sometimes slip, maybe even bump themselves fairly hard, and they just get up, wag their little stubby puppy tails and continue on their way.

My kittens have gotten to old, to have those little moments any more , but we still have a great time chasing stuff around the place...

Ymo, I refuse to let you be a threadkiller on this, the LTE.

I hear power went out in your neck of the woods today, due to storms -- hope you and the kitty-kids (and the rest of the DBR Boston knitting club) survived okay?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ymo, I refuse to let you be a threadkiller on this, the LTE.

I hear power went out in your neck of the woods today, due to storms -- hope you and the kitty-kids (and the rest of the DBR Boston knitting club) survived okay?
    I think the number 2267 might be a prime number... If so, congrats!

Thumbs up

Just helping to keep it going. Will we get an update as to how this thread has CRASHED the next 'best' thing? Kudos to 'longest thread ever.'

No trouble at my place DA. Now, it appears there may be rain north of main today which could impact some guys driving around an oval track. Unseasonably cool today also, only 61 F as I type. Everyonce in a while, I ask myself, "Self, why did you ever move from North Carolina?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I think the number 2267 might be a prime number... If so, congrats!
    "The smallest four-digit zeroless prime such that 2+267, 22+67, and 226+7 are also distinct primes."

http://primes.utm.edu/curios/page.php/2267.html

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Precious!! The funniest part to me is how they'll sometimes slip, maybe even bump themselves fairly hard, and they just get up, wag their little stubby puppy tails and continue on their way.
    Walter's pretty good for that. I was smiling and thinking back with love about when he finally conquered the stairs. He was especially daunted by outdoor stairs where there's empty space in between. Now none of them bother him. He bounds up stairs with particular gusto, and sort of waddles down them in a way that for some reason looks really funny. He's also good for a hard bump. In fact, I've known him to actively fling himself against walls for excitement. He will also walk through a doorway while focusing on something else entirely, whack his head against the frame, and then continue as if nothing happened. He sure is a funny fellow.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

LTE has an opponent

I found another thread today, on a different forum, started on 2-20-2008. So far it has 2937 replies, it is titled "Random Thoughts".

An amazingly similar philosophy, post what's on your mind.

But for having fewer members, I still think LTE is pretty amazing and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I found another thread today, on a different forum, started on 2-20-2008. So far it has 2937 replies, it is titled "Random Thoughts".

An amazingly similar philosophy, post what's on your mind.

But for having fewer members, I still think LTE is pretty amazing and fun.
    In the end, it isn't about the quantity, it is about the quality. Should my posts be graded by the USDA, they would definitely fall in the prime category.

Sidenote: Right after posting the main part, DBR locked up on me. They must have installed a BS detector.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 06-29-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Sidenote

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In the end, it isn't about the quantity, it is about the quality. Should my posts be graded by the USDA, they would definitely fall in the prime category.

Sidenote: Right after posting the main part, DBR locked up on me. They must have installed a BS detector.
    That's amazing. Amazing is my word of the day. Tomorrow's word will be expeditious. I'm pretty sure I won't use it.

You know what I hate, y'all? I hate B.S. interviews. The kind where they're not really looking for someone because they already know who they're going to hire, but they have to interview 2 other people just for show.

I have one today that I'm 99% confident is total B.S. (called Friday wanting a Monday interview - "Oh, it'll be pretty casual, probably just about 30 minutes!" - which does not make any sense for this type of position) and it has caused great moral struggle. Why exactly am I going? I'm going to spend my time, my lunch hour, my gas for absolutely nothing. And yet on that 1% chance that it's not B.S., I'd be an idiot to call and say, "Shove your interview up your butt" even though that would be much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    You know what I hate, y'all? I hate B.S. interviews. The kind where they're not really looking for someone because they already know who they're going to hire, but they have to interview 2 other people just for show.

I have one today that I'm 99% confident is total B.S. (called Friday wanting a Monday interview - "Oh, it'll be pretty casual, probably just about 30 minutes!" - which does not make any sense for this type of position) and it has caused great moral struggle. Why exactly am I going? I'm going to spend my time, my lunch hour, my gas for absolutely nothing. And yet on that 1% chance that it's not B.S., I'd be an idiot to call and say, "Shove your interview up your butt" even though that would be much more satisfying.

I certainly understand your frustration. But there is some possibility, perhaps your 1% estimate is close, that the interview leads to a positive result. You knock their socks off and they hire you. Or, if not that job, maybe they have another job that's even better, or maybe you learn something that's helps land a job elsewhere. Is that worth the time and the gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I certainly understand your frustration. But there is some possibility, perhaps your 1% estimate is close, that the interview leads to a positive result. You knock their socks off and they hire you. Or, if not that job, maybe they have another job that's even better, or maybe you learn something that's helps land a job elsewhere. Is that worth the time and the gas?
    Not really, but I'm pretending that it is so that I feel better. Certainly, it's always good to get face time with a ranking officer at a place you may want to work in the future, even if it's just a half hour... so I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude. It's good practice. It's not really that far away. Gas is only $2 a gallon. Oooooooommmm...

Devildeac on vacation

As much as we are suffering from BB withdrawal, devildeac will also be out of communication. He is enjoying a cruise, but will resume posting next week. Word on the phone with him yesterday is that he has 5 new brews to review.

No BB, now no devildeac. What next?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

How about just calling their bluff while you are there blublood?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's amazing. Amazing is my word of the day. Tomorrow's word will be expeditious. I'm pretty sure I won't use it.
    I did use expeditious today, in an email. Without thought, too..I didn't realize it until I reread my post. They better hurry up and answer me, too.

Prince Wine

Interesting article:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ine/article.do

Is making ethanol from wine efficient? I've heard that producing ethanol from corn is ridiculously inefficient.