Page 2284 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 128417842184223422742282228322842285228622942334238427843284 ... LastLast
Results 45,661 to 45,680 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Bell Peppers, Sour Beer, TLC, the state of Utah, close toed shoes, the future of the human species…
    I don't hate TLC; just that one song. It went #1 in 1995 and then just sat there for like two months and they wouldn't stop playing it on seemingly every freakin' station. It's not a bad song; people just wore it out, and I never want to hear it again.
    I don't hate babies either; just don't really get the fascination. They're, as I said, boring and funny looking (yes, all of them...even your grandkid, Doris), and of course, they're spectacularly needy. Alert me when the thing is able to hold some semblance of a conversation.

And then there's Fleetwood Mac. I do hate Fleetwood Mac, and I fail utterly to understand where people see the brilliance there. Stevie Nicks sounds like my chain-smoking 8th grade math teacher.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    That's fine, I'll be charge of the babies. When you are a non-threatening middle-aged woman, strangers will often hand over their babies to you for cuddles. It's the best thing about being middle-aged. I have held people's babies on airplanes while they went to the restroom on multiple occasions. Yes, I think holding someone else's screaming baby for them so they can pee is a treat. They don't all cry. I have been called a baby whisperer by more than one friend.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I don't hate TLC; just that one song. It went #1 in 1995 and then just sat there for like two months and they wouldn't stop playing it on seemingly every freakin' station. It's not a bad song; people just wore it out, and I never want to hear it again.
    I don't hate babies either; just don't really get the fascination. They're, as I said, boring and funny looking (yes, all of them...even your grandkid, Doris), and of course, they're spectacularly needy. Alert me when the thing is able to hold some semblance of a conversation.

And then there's Fleetwood Mac. I do hate Fleetwood Mac, and I fail utterly to understand where people see the brilliance there. Stevie Nicks sounds like my chain-smoking 8th grade math teacher.
    When you're right about something, you are so very, very right. I'll hold the babies while we hate on Fleetwood Mac together.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

Stevie Nicks is awful at factoring. It is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That's fine, I'll be charge of the babies. When you are a non-threatening middle-aged woman, strangers will often hand over their babies to you for cuddles. It's the best thing about being middle-aged. I have held people's babies on airplanes while they went to the restroom on multiple occasions. Yes, I think holding someone else's screaming baby for them so they can pee is a treat. They don't all cry. I have been called a baby whisperer by more than one friend.
    I've been called the black hole of babies. If I get a chance to hold a baby, I don't want to give it to the next person wanting to hold the baby. When Allie brought her twins to church, it was great. I held one and Kurt, the other black hole of babies in church, held the other one. I'm also the weird one that, if the baby needs to be changed when I'm holding them, I grab the diaper bag and change them instead of handing the baby back to a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've been called the black hole of babies. If I get a chance to hold a baby, I don't want to give it to the next person wanting to hold the baby. When Allie brought her twins to church, it was great. I held one and Kurt, the other black hole of babies in church, held the other one. I'm also the weird one that, if the baby needs to be changed when I'm holding them, I grab the diaper bag and change them instead of handing the baby back to a parent.
    I always felt a little awkward holding other peoples' babies, mostly on account of being scared I might break them, but I enjoy holding my own.

Ah, but this can cut both ways. My wife is a non threatening middle aged woman, and she recoils when people thrust their babies upon her, which they occasionally do...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The LTE is haunted…
    Specter of communism?

I’ve held a grand total of four babies in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The only thing I know about babies is that they ALL look like Nikita Khruschev, no matter what the parents might tell you.
    Deliveries look like wet St Bernards coming through a kitty door.

Or a middle aged respiratory therapist who takes care of babies. My wife's best friend was over with her baby 3 years ago and mom passed out. They left me with the baby while they went to the ED. It was a GREAT 4 hours. I assume he still thinks of me often.

The LTE is haunted…
    I missed this post. By what, pray tell...!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am the family baby poop whisperer. Whenever I hold a baby, he or she lets loose. So much that my sister-in-law would hand my nephew over to me whenever he was constipated - and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I am the family baby poop whisperer. Whenever I hold a baby, he or she lets loose. So much that my sister-in-law would hand my nephew over to me whenever he was constipated - and it worked!
    Do your powers extend to the elderly? You may want to consider quitting your day job...you seem much more palatable than prunes!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Do your powers extend to the elderly? You may want to consider quitting your day job...you seem much more palatable than prunes!
    Actually . . . I have been told . . . that my voice has a laxative effect. I have thought about renting myself out as such. Over the phone only though. Dial 1-900-HLP-POOP.

Actually . . . I have been told . . . that my voice has a laxative effect. I have thought about renting myself out as such. Over the phone only though. Dial 1-900-HLP-POOP.
    Love the avatar — I’ve been using my phone so just seeing it now on a different unit.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ah, but this can cut both ways. My wife is a non threatening middle aged woman, and she recoils when people thrust their babies upon her, which they occasionally do...
    I need to travel with your wife. I can protect her from the babies.

Hah, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Specter of communism?
    The Ghost of T.. J...

The Ghost of T.. J...
    Bruce knows.