Page 1543 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 54310431443149315331541154215431544154515531593164320432543 ... LastLast
Results 30,841 to 30,860 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have mentioned here before that The Drewsk is getting a PhD in hurricanes, right? Ok, OK, the department is called Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, but The Drewsk wants to study hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Drewsk was talking about Hurricane Laura.

Ahh, yes. That is his chosen field of study isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have mentioned here before that The Drewsk is getting a PhD in hurricanes, right? Ok, OK, the department is called Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, but The Drewsk wants to study hurricanes.
    I should have read the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    My new dishwasher is on backorder. Until October or December or something. I got a dish drainer for the counter...
    -jk
    Oh man that is a complete bummer! Would you like to drive your dishes over to VA and do them here?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh man that is a complete bummer! Would you like to drive your dishes over to VA and do them here?
    Very generous of you! Maybe after my next party.

-jk

Our problem: we retiled our kitchen years ago, and they had to beef up the floor, raising it a bit. Now only handicap height dishwashers fit. And we have white appliances. And everyone has worn out their dishwashers during COVID...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Never been to Brittany. Got to Bayeux and some locales in Normandy.

Saumur in the Loire Valley is pretty cool, enjoyed that.
    I visited all of those (not Brittany) while on my semester abroad. Went skiing in Chamonix, that was cool! So was Kitzbuhel, Austria. Howz your German?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I visited all of those (not Brittany) while on my semester abroad. Went skiing in Chamonix, that was cool! So was Kitzbuhel, Austria. Howz your German?
    Ich spreche nicht sehr gut deutsch.

I learn enough travel talk in various languages to get by fairly well. I have found that if you make the effort to honor their culture by trying some introductory words and sentences, they usually respond in English. Except for small towns, then you may be on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Our problem: we retiled our kitchen years ago, and they had to beef up the floor, raising it a bit...
    Actually that is pretty interesting. We had our kitchen counters set 2" above standard (I'm taller than average) and then had to set the dishwasher on a platform covered by a larger toekick. That too was a headache.
    Homeowner tales from the trenches.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ich spreche nicht sehr gut deutsch.

I learn enough travel talk in various languages to get by fairly well. I have found that if you make the effort to honor their culture by trying some introductory words and sentences, they usually respond in English. Except for small towns, then you may be on your own.
    Yep, then everyone just smiles and nods at each other!

Since we are on appliances, how is the availability of counter depth refrigerators?

People who litter are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We will be hot and sunny. All the weather is expected to be to the east of us.
    Looks like KY and VA will see much more of Laura than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Don't even get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Don't even get me started.
    It's like they just don't even...give a hoot.

woodsy.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's like they just don't even...give a hoot.

Woodsy Owl and Smokey the Bear - whatever happened to them??

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Woodsy Owl and Smokey the Bear - whatever happened to them??
    is it too PPB to say federal funding cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Since we are on appliances, how is the availability of counter depth refrigerators?
    I need to adjust the cabinet over my refrigerator so that I can get a new one. The refrigerators that I like are too tall for the current opening.

I would like a french door refrigerator but I may not be able to make the space work. I definitely want the freezer on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I need to adjust the cabinet over my refrigerator so that I can get a new one. The refrigerators that I like are too tall for the current opening.

I would like a french door refrigerator but I may not be able to make the space work. I definitely want the freezer on the bottom.
    We did this recently with my Mom, in a 40+ year-old house. Had to tear out the cabinetry above. She insisted on a bottom freezer as well. Had to tear out some doorway pieces, too, to get it into the kitchen.