Page 1472 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 4729721372142214621470147114721473147414821522157219722472 ... LastLast
Results 29,421 to 29,440 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We're talking beer!!
    what's your mowing format? Rider? Walk behind? Husband? Son?

I have a burly quarter acre on a serious hillside. I have a Black and Decker battery powered mower that I got because it is incredibly light. I also have a Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Which one I use depends on my mood. I feel like I'm still waiting to come across the perfect solution.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    what's your mowing format? Rider? Walk behind? Husband? Son?
    Husband or a son. We have what we call a push mower, no power other than the human walking behind it. Mowing our lawn (which isn't very large) takes less than a half hour with said push mower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We're talking beer!!
    Now for the real question. What is the best beer to pair with a chocolate pop-tart with peppermint filling?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Now for the real question. What is the best beer to pair with a chocolate pop-tart with peppermint filling?
    I’m going with a milk stout.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'd go with an oatmeal porter. After the breakfast stout aperitif, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This one sounds fun. Never tried it unfortunately.
    From a review:

Marley's Ghost Peppermint Stout

Marley's Ghost Peppermint Stout from Scarlet Lane Brewing in McCordsville.
    Brewery: Scarlet Lane Brewing, 7724 Depot St., McCordsville, scarletlanebrew.com

ABV: 8 percent.

This limited edition release was brewed for the Indiana Repertory Theatre's performance of "A Christmas Carol." I wanted it to taste like a candy cane, and it didn't disappoint. It is brewed to perfection with chocolate malts and peppermint candies. I had my fair share during Scarlet Lane's showing of "Christmas Vacation."

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/47212/388552/

Merry Christmas in July!

There are also these:

https://untappd.com/b/crooked-thumb-...t-2018/2524204

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18854/99235/

fuse would know who makes the best mint girl scout cookie stout. And accfan no doubt would have something from the Veil, maybe a hornswaggler variant, that would be the best of all

now I want to seek out that pop tart

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I have a burly quarter acre on a serious hillside. I have a Black and Decker battery powered mower that I got because it is incredibly light. I also have a Husqvarna self-propelled mower. Which one I use depends on my mood. I feel like I'm still waiting to come across the perfect solution.
    I think the perfect lawn solution is nice green grass that doesn't grow, just stays a couple inches long. Lacking that, I envy the battery solution, but my lawn is too large, hilly and pasture-like, requires a self propelled gas model, which I have. It's an aerobic venture, takes about an hour and a half, but I'm beginning to wonder how many more years I'll be up for this...

My idiot neighbor mows three times/week (seriously) because he has a zero turn rider he adores...it has nothing to do with grass and cutting thereof.

Not sure how many folks have kids, or themselves play first person shooter (FPS) games on Xbox Live.

We seem to have attracted some Xbox script kiddies that like to DDoS (distributed denial of service attack) our home network.

I’ve contacted Spectrum to no avail, and have begun googling all kinds of fun home remedies, like how to put your Xbox behind a VPN (virtual private network).

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
    What path did you take for a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

A beer to go with Frosted Strawberry Pop Tarts is likely to generate more revenue for the brewer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not sure how many folks have kids, or themselves play first person shooter (FPS) games on Xbox Live.

We seem to have attracted some Xbox script kiddies that like to DDoS (distributed denial of service attack) our home network.

I’ve contacted Spectrum to no avail, and have begun googling all kinds of fun home remedies, like how to put your Xbox behind a VPN (virtual private network).

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
    What path did you take for a solution?
    I haven’t dealt with the issue but VPN came to mind as soon as I read script kiddies. CB&B might have some ideas...

I think the perfect lawn solution is nice green grass that doesn't grow, just stays a couple inches long. Lacking that, I envy the battery solution, but my lawn is too large, hilly and pasture-like, requires a self propelled gas model, which I have. It's an aerobic venture, takes about an hour and a half, but I'm beginning to wonder how many more years I'll be up for this...

My idiot neighbor mows three times/week (seriously) because he has a zero turn rider he adores...it has nothing to do with grass and cutting thereof.
    I like the idea of zeroscaping, but that's a pricy endeavor.

Also, my 1/4 acre requires six batteries with the Black and Decker. Luckily, I have an arsenal of BnD items, so it isn't a problem.

When it came time to buy a home, I went with a townhome. I didn't mind mowing but there are other things I would rather do.

Early in my parents' marriage, my mother received a lawn mower for mother's day. She wasn't happy with it but they could afford a present or a mower and they needed a mower.

Fast forward 30 years and she got another one. Considering the size and. pitch of the yard, the ride on mower was a gift since July temperatures made her worry about Dad's health.

My wife and I still live in our first house (been here about 6 and a half years). It’s a zeroscape yard...lots of moss and small plants, heavily wooded. Not a blade of grass anywhere. Leaves are a horror for about 8 weeks in the fall, and it’s more than worth the nominal amount we pay the yard guy to take care of them. I’ve never mowed grass in my life and I never intend to. I hate yard work.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife and I still live in our first house (been here about 6 and a half years). It’s a zeroscape yard...lots of moss and small plants, heavily wooded. Not a blade of grass anywhere. Leaves are a horror for about 8 weeks in the fall, and it’s more than worth the nominal amount we pay the yard guy to take care of them. I’ve never mowed grass in my life and I never intend to. I hate yard work.
    I mow, but it would be a misnomer to call it grass...I don't care what it is, if it's greenish it's OK by me...one of the best features I have is a patch about 120 feet long of nothing but thyme...great purple flowers, don't grow much vertically...gobs of moss, too...

I think the zeroscape yard is a pretty good idea, I owned a home like that for five years, never minded not mowing..

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's very refreshing to read I'm not the only one.

I mow, but it would be a misnomer to call it grass...I don't care what it is, if it's greenish it's OK by me..
    My neighbor take this approach also. She has a very nice stand of dallis and crab grass.

Here comes the rain again...