Page 1370 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3708701270132013601368136913701371137213801420147018702370 ... LastLast
Results 27,381 to 27,400 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sounds like someone could work remotely which is probably a plus in today's hiring environment, I would imagine.
    Yes, we have several new hires that only know our organization for a virtual standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    So, a co-worker had the ultimate experience on a Skype/conference call the other day. The lead guy was droning on simply reading the slides that everyone could have just read themselves, and there was that one person . . . who did not mute her mic. They heard everything. She was cussing out someone or something - general hope is that it was her dog. She was moaning and stretching. She was expelling gas loudly from both ends. Apparently, she never had a clue. The host kept trying to tell everyone to mute their mics, but he had a very heavy accent, so she might not have understood. At least it took away the monotony of the call.
    Our older Skype system allows us to record. That would have been the perfect opportunity to utilize the function.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We are still hiring including external candidates...
    We've also ramped up our digital experience research efforts. Lot more of them happening via various teleconferencing means. We used to do most of it with people in the office.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We've also ramped up our digital experience research efforts. Lot more of them happening via various teleconferencing means. We used to do most of it with people in the office.
    I'm hoping that one big change post pandemic is that fewer people feel the need to work in an office. Fewer cars on the road, cleaner air! Granted not everybody has a good space to work from home, but still. All that unused office space repurposed as green living spaces. Hey, a girl can dream.

I do feel the need to get out of the house on occasion. But I can live with not going in to an office too often. But as I noted somewhere, the air handling and cleaning systems are better than what I have at home.

I do feel the need to get out of the house on occasion. But I can live with not going in to an office too often. But as I noted somewhere, the air handling and cleaning systems are better than what I have at home.
    I'm hoping for changes, but every working at home in sweatpants might not be the final solution. Still, if we did more of that, people could look for home office space at the expense of walk-in closets.

I'm imagining the next decade of HGTV shows.

"We're going to put up a wall here to create an office space with a door that you can lock so you can get some work done while socially distancing from your family!"

I hate "open concept", btw.

I hate "open concept", btw.
    I was okay with open. It was when we went to no assigned locations that miffed me. Maybe that is part of the open concept?

I like walls. I mean nobody wants to be hanging out with their family all the time. I imagine the shutdown is driving that point home.

I like walls. I mean nobody wants to be hanging out with their family all the time. I imagine the shutdown is driving that point home.
    Does this mean houses continue to get bigger in square footage? I was one of the first houses built in my neighborhood in 2012. 3431 sq. ft. Houses built in 2018 were between 4100 and 5000 sq. ft. on the same size lots.

My current favorite HGTV show is Home Town. They do rip down some walls but they also do a lot to preserve the feel of the older homes they rennovate. And the two people, a married couple, at the center of the show are adorable. And talented. And the houses they work on don't all wind up looking the same.

Does this mean houses continue to get bigger in square footage? I was one of the first houses built in my neighborhood in 2012. 3431 sq. ft. Houses built in 2018 were between 4100 and 5000 sq. ft. on the same size lots.
    I hope not! If you don't need as many clothes, you don't need as many closets, right?

My current favorite HGTV show is Home Town. They do rip down some walls but they also do a lot to preserve the feel of the older homes they rennovate. And the two people, a married couple, at the center of the show are adorable. And talented. And the houses they work on don't all wind up looking the same.
    I enjoy that show also. I do like open concept so that the kitchen opens into a gathering space. When you are fixing dinner, you can still visit with guests. I don't have that and there isn't a feasible way to accomplish it in my place.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I enjoy that show also. I do like open concept so that the kitchen opens into a gathering space. When you are fixing dinner, you can still visit with guests. I don't have that and there isn't a feasible way to accomplish it in my place.
    I'm all for a kitchen/family room combo or a kitchen/dining area comb. But I don't like it when the whole first floor is one giant room. Kitchen/dining/living all in one big room - ugh. (I'd never get to practice the piano without everyone screaming that I'm making too much noise.)

My preference, actually, is a more formal living room with room for the piano (a 1928 Steinway baby grand that I got for a steal!), a separate dining room, and then a kitchen/den combo. The TV is in the den.

And here I thought you were talking about seating in a work environment...

And here I thought you were talking about seating in a work environment...
    I might have started there? Obviously, I didn't end up there.

After a few 70 hour work weeks we got all the formal approvals necessary for our project to being deployment earlier today Cracked a beer shortly after. It's they eye of the storm, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    ...Cracked a beer...
    Is this seat taken? That beer looks good, I think I'll join you.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'