Goestenkors named assistant at UK

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Is she looking over her shoulder at Baylor and thinking "dammit!"?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good luck GG!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Is she looking over her shoulder at Baylor and thinking "dammit!"?
    probably not. her sexuality is inconsistent with their code of behavior. not a great fit

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinesquire View Post
    probably not. her sexuality is inconsistent with their code of behavior. not a great fit
    Brittney waves "Hi"

PS...WOW...why even bring that up?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Brittney waves "Hi"

PS...WOW...why even bring that up?
    Do you remember Greiner talking about how Mulkey told her she needed to stay closeted if she wanted to play there? Why would a 50 year old woman want to live like that. I brought it up because it is a factor that weighs on decisions. Would you rather just pretend? Btw, I am not outing anyone.

She's much closer to 60 than 50 (FTR, 58). I think head coaching chances have passed her by.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    She's much closer to 60 than 50 (FTR, 58). I think head coaching chances have passed her by.
    I stand corrected.

I don’t disagree with your sentiment and understand that Goestenkors and Mulkey were in different positions career wise, but Mulkey is also 58.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    I don’t disagree with your sentiment and understand that Goestenkors and Mulkey were in different positions career wise, but Mulkey is also 58.
    Mulkey has 3 national championships (only Geno and Pat have more), the most recent just 2 years ago. Coach G hasn't even won an NCAA Tournament game since 2008.

There is a world of difference between Mulkey and Coach G.

Although I don't like the way Coach G left Duke, I still have a great deal of admiration for her as a coach and for what she did for Duke women's BB, and I hope that she is able to find success again.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Duke View Post
    Although I don't like the way Coach G left Duke, I still have a great deal of admiration for her as a coach and for what she did for Duke women's BB, and I hope that she is able to find success again.
    what, she wanted to go to a place that would show her some support in accordance with the success she'd had? Who didn't, say, wait until she had an offer in hand somewhere ELSE before offering her similar compensation?
    1200. DDMF.

Mulkey has 3 national championships (only Geno and Pat have more), the most recent just 2 years ago. Coach G hasn't even won an NCAA Tournament game since 2008.

There is a world of difference between Mulkey and Coach G.
    Totally Agree.
    I am a HUGE Coach G fan, but what Mulkey has accomplished in her playing and coaching career far surpasses what Gail has accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    what, she wanted to go to a place that would show her some support in accordance with the success she'd had? Who didn't, say, wait until she had an offer in hand somewhere ELSE before offering her similar compensation?
    Message boards are interesting - I read 91Duke's comment to mean the way Duke let it happen and not as a comment on how Coach G handled it. (Where's the shrugging emoji when you need it?)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Message boards are interesting - I read 91Duke's comment to mean the way Duke let it happen and not as a comment on how Coach G handled it. (Where's the shrugging emoji when you need it?)
    I'll defer to the OP, but the use of "still" in the OP's comment suggests that s/he was placing blame on Coach G and not Duke. That's how I read it.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'll defer to the OP, but the use of "still" in the OP's comment suggests that s/he was placing blame on Coach G and not Duke. That's how I read it.
    that was my interpretation
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    that was my interpretation
    Also mine, FWIW, although I leave room for the possibility that wasn't the intended meaning.

But her chances to be POTUS are just 12-17 years away.