Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

Status Check!

It is now post time!

It's cold in this State tonight. Very cold. All the heat is being saved in Hell for carolina. NC State started carolina's trip this afternoon in the Ewe-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Bowl (a David Glenn show reference from 850thebuzz on Friday afternoon), soundly whipping the boys from Whine-and-Cheeseland 41 - 10, and we will end it when carolina's season ends with a loud thump, as the doors to Hell close behind them.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It is now post time!

It's cold in this State tonight. Very cold. All the heat is being saved in Hell for carolina. NC State started carolina's trip this afternoon in the Ewe-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Bowl (a David Glenn show reference from 850thebuzz on Friday afternoon), soundly whipping the boys from Whine-and-Cheeseland 41 - 10, and we will end it when carolina's season ends with a loud thump, as the doors to Hell close behind them.
    Its so cold I have the heat up all the way in my house and I'm STILL wearing a coat inside. From South Durham I can see an orange glow to the North, the devil is stoking up the flames for next week to be unleashed at Wallace Wade when those guys in powder blue show up.

Cold front grips the southeast including nether regions of Chapel Hill....

The extremely cold weather the past few of days is the forerunner of Hades freezing over. It's our year. It's is our game. It's our bell.

It's quiet now after all the upsets and disappointments in this next to last week of the season. The big day is coming... Can't wait for the Devil Walk and the opportunity to face Carolina in our stadium!!!!!

Where will you be sitting when THE GAME starts?

Talking 9F?

Ok, I have been a long time lurker on this forum. Ozzie keeps using 9F. Can someone explain to me the origin/meaning?

I apologize up front for my stupidity.

Smile Cold??!! Bring it on!

Okay, granted I'm trapped in SoCal for the time being, but I'd bow down and kiss the ground for some COLD! But...it seems that (at least) some rain might be coming this week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed -- and head to Big Bear after cooking for Thanksgiving.

Go to Hell Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by WojoSay? View Post
    Ok, I have been a long time lurker on this forum. Ozzie keeps using 9F. Can someone explain to me the origin/meaning?

I apologize up front for my stupidity.
    Not a stupidity question at all; it is opaque without explanation. In short: Throatybeard wrote a reference a while ago for all the comment heard repeatedly on this board. Why? So that people could refer to the repetitious comments simply by number and letter, i.e. a joke about how the same topics keep getting brought up and discussed on the board. Take a look at the top sticky for Throatybeard's Handy Pocket Reference or click here

BTW, Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell!

You wouldn't believe the chill that swept through Charlotte yesterday at about 3:30 pm. It was blowing down from the Dump on the Hump. Then, at the mall last night, I saw the Devil himself browsing the Northface display at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Smile Boo Chilly in Lexington, KY

In the 20's right now, and a sunny day awaits today's BBall game against the Zappa-tista Flossmen of Montana.

The folks in tacky blue-land can go straight to Hades, and have a Coors Light with their whine and cheese.

Ring that bell, Caro-whinea go to Hell!

Had occasion to be in the RDU area today while running the family airport shuttle. There was a nice breeze in the air... wonderful crisp smell of fall in Durham. As we rolled into Orange County headed west it became apparent that a slightly odoriferous hint of sulfur was in the air. I began to hum the tune for, "Don't give a damn for Carolina...lina U, Carolina...lina U, Carolina... lina U....

I was at the MSG games and you would not believe how cold it was. If I had to guess I would say it was 15 degrees at MOST. Absolutely unreal. All the heat must be heading south!
    Last edited by -jk; 11-23-2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: clarity

Mid-30s here in DC this morning, which is a lot warmer than it was this weekend in Blacksburg, where it was 25 degrees at gametime according to weather.com, but a good 10 degrees cooler in the stands. My friends and I are making the daytrip down from DC on Saturday to see the mini-heat wave end and the Tar Heels get sent straight back to hell! GO DUKE! Reclaim the Victory Bell!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Is the sky a harbinger of change?

Today's sky is NOT Carolina blue... it's a dull gray, the sort of hue which calls up desolate visions of miserable cold.... Is Hades about to freeze over????? Wait a minute.... Hark the sound of Tar Hell voices.... begging for mercy?

It's our time. It's our year. It's our game. And it's OUR BELL!!!!!

It's time to pull out The Latin for the The Game.

Carolina delenda est!

I truly do hate Carolina.

As as I'm standing on the deck looking at the sunset, I can see a faint red glow hugging the treeline just southwest of town, and for sure, it's the town of Chapel Hell going up in FLAMES. It's funny how it's the only HOT place in North Carolina right now and by Saturday night, after the game, it's gonna be incinerated.

Let's go Devils!

dth.

A rainy night in the Triangle, with temps around 50. Guess its starting to warm up to put carolina where they belong - in Hell!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    It's time to pull out The Latin for the The Game.

Carolina delenda est!

I truly do hate Carolina.

As as I'm standing on the deck looking at the sunset, I can see a faint red glow hugging the treeline just southwest of town, and for sure, it's the town of Chapel Hell going up in FLAMES. It's funny how it's the only HOT place in North Carolina right now and by Saturday night, after the game, it's gonna be incinerated.

Let's go Devils!

dth.
    Yeah! arolina-cay ucks-say!

Wink Status in the Mountains

It is 16 degrees in Steamboat Springs. Snow is in the forecast. The ski area opens tomorrow for the season.

And by Saturday it will be all downhill for the Tarheels.

sagegrouse

The weather forecast for Saturday continues to improve.... little bit warmer and less and less likely to rain. We don't want any rain to put out the fires which are being stoked for the main event of the day....

I'm planning to be there and am bringing Dukies from Chicago and Tallahassee. Who else is going to be there? We need to fill in the area where the students usually sit.

In the distance I can hear some soft moaning. I can also hear what sounds a little like a Gregorian chant... no, it's Ozzie and Devildeac chanting GTHC GTH! GTHC GTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    The weather forecast for Saturday continues to improve.... little bit warmer and less and less likely to rain. We don't want any rain to put out the fires which are being stoked for the main event of the day....

I'm planning to be there and am bringing Dukies from Chicago and Tallahassee. Who else is going to be there? We need to fill in the area where the students usually sit.

In the distance I can hear some soft moaning. I can also hear what sounds a little like a Gregorian chant... no, it's
    Ozzie and Devildeac chanting GTHC GTH! GTHC GTH!
    Yeah, sometimes I drive my wife a little crazy with all the chanting this late at night, but she understands. She's a devilish saint!

And the weather forecast has changed a bit for the worse, with high around 50 instead of 60, and a chance of rain in the evening. Sounds hellish to me, but the heat is being saved for those heading down below. And we know who is going there!

9F 9F 9F

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...3&from=weekend

Looks like hell opening up has scared the rain away!

Go to Hell Carolina, go to Hell!!!

With cold air all around, we'll get lift in the atmoshere from the hot air rising out of hell as we open the gates to throw the Tar Heels in, thus it will rain.

Can't wait to see the bell painted Duke Blue again! It's a much nicer color than that weak-arse light blue!
    Go to HELL Carolina! Go to Hell! <clap, clap> (repeat repeatedly)
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil