Page 2056 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 105615561956200620462054205520562057205820662106215625563056 ... LastLast
Results 41,101 to 41,120 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    You're right. Luxo Jr. is the one I was thinking was first, but a quick check says even that one is #2. I've never seen André and Wally B.
    We're gonna start with Luxo Jr. today, because the kids will instantly recognize the lamps and the classic Toy Story ball. From there, our selections will depend on how much time we have left over after The Smurfs and the greatest television show of all time, DuckTales.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Didn't everyone learn when they were kids that you walk against traffic and bike with traffic? There are an astonishing number of people in my neighborhood who walk or run with traffic and look at those doing the opposite as if they are crazy. This morning a guy who I would guess is 15 to 20 years older than I am ran right at me and refused to go around. I was shocked at that because it was aggressive. He made eye contact and just ran at me.
    Everyone here is very courteous about giving each other COVID room on their walks, but I refuse to be the one who deviates from my path if I'm in the road walking against traffic and they are not. If there is only one sidewalk and we're both on it, I'll deviate even if I'm the one walking the wrong way for a short stretch. But I'm afraid if your runner had come at me, we'd have collided. I can be very stubborn about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We're gonna start with Luxo Jr. today, because the kids will instantly recognize the lamps and the classic Toy Story ball. From there, our selections will depend on how much time we have left over after The Smurfs and the greatest television show of all time, DuckTales.
    I would have a cartoon in this slot. I would have The Simpsons #1. But I am unaware of DuckTales, so I am willing to agree that I may be incorrect.

Everyone here is very courteous about giving each other COVID room on their walks, but I refuse to be the one who deviates from my path if I'm in the road walking against traffic and they are not. If there is only one sidewalk and we're both on it, I'll deviate even if I'm the one walking the wrong way for a short stretch. But I'm afraid if your runner had come at me, we'd have collided. I can be very stubborn about such things.
    I didn't see him until he was right up on me, because I was replying to an email. I jumped out of the way when he startled me. I was shocked. I'm also not a little dude (well height wise I am) and I was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt (Mt Airy tuxedo). I have tons of visible tattoos and a goatee. I outweighed homeboy by a good 30 lbs. I'm generally aware that I can look a bit different than the average suburbanite and I strive to be courteously deferential, lest I make people in the neighborhood uncomfortable. I was legitimately shocked at his aggression knowing how I look. I assume you guys have picked up on the fact that I am a coward but there's no way he knew that!

I almost took out a woman on the cross country trail (Al Buehler trail) b/c I was walking on the right and she was coming in the other direction on her left. I had seen her do this many, many times, so I tested her. She failed. Was not paying attention and ran right smack into me. I braced myself, she almost ended up in the ditch. I think I chortled after that encounter. I hope she paid better attention after that, and walked on the right side!

Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRskyorl_A

I know, I'm mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I didn't see him until he was right up on me, because I was replying to an email. I jumped out of the way when he startled me. I was shocked. I'm also not a little dude (well height wise I am) and I was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt (Mt Airy tuxedo). I have tons of visible tattoos and a goatee. I outweighed homeboy by a good 30 lbs. I'm generally aware that I can look a bit different than the average suburbanite and I strive to be courteously deferential, lest I make people in the neighborhood uncomfortable. I was legitimately shocked at his aggression knowing how I look. I assume you guys have picked up on the fact that I am a coward but there's no way he knew that!
    Honestly, I wonder if that was the issue. He may have been trying to pull an aimo on you, but without the benefit of being the one on the correct side. in my experience, some runners can be, um, assertive against people who are not paying attention. Feel free to substitute the "ertive" word ending, if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I know, I'm mean.
    Or awesome.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    For the DuckTales fans among us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HijAoXi6k

(And for the Danny Pudi fans too.)

Honestly, I wonder if that was the issue. He may have been trying to pull an aimo on you, but without the benefit of being the one on the correct side. in my experience, some runners can be, um, assertive against people who are not paying attention. Feel free to substitute the "ertive" word ending, if you need to.
    This may be correct but if I do this to someone else I would both make sure I was in the right and that this person is smaller than me. Running into me would have been as ridiculous as him just running into a fire hydrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

That was awesome!

I don't know who Danny Pudi is, but that was funny!

I've had a few trips on the corporate jet over the years. I can understand never wanting to fly commercial ever again.

I would fly with Launchpad McQuack over commercial. He crashes pretty much every time, but he never dies.

I don't know who Danny Pudi is, but that was funny!
    Dani Pudi starred in one of the greatest comedy TV shows of the last fifteen years.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've had a few trips on the corporate jet over the years. I can understand never wanting to fly commercial ever again.
    I did in my last corporate job, too. It was during a gawd awful merger process and it shuttled between a private airfield near corporate and 2 sites in the Midwest. It was pretty cool but literally the only thing I look back with fondness on during that time.

But, yeah, it’s way better than commercial, though I’m one of those people that also felt guilty/silly for getting to do it.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Dani Pudi starred in one of the greatest comedy TV shows of the last fifteen years.
    In my fantasy world, I get to be a guest on "Troy and Abed in the Morning"!!

In my fantasy world, I get to be a guest on "Troy and Abed in the Morning"!!
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I honestly have not watched many TV comedies in the last 15 years. I know, I am a freak.

I honestly have not watched many TV comedies in the last 15 years. I know, I am a freak.
    It is a lost art. I heard recently that there are zero 1/2 hour comedies planned for next season on the "broadcast" networks. Not sure how accurate that is but gives an idea of the state of that genre right now.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It is a lost art. I heard recently that there are zero 1/2 hour comedies planned for next season on the "broadcast" networks. Not sure how accurate that is but gives an idea of the state of that genre right now.
    As long as there's no laugh track. Anywhere. Ever again.