Page 2055 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 105515551955200520452053205420552056205720652105215525553055 ... LastLast
Results 41,081 to 41,100 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good sports day between Duke lax and Lefty.
    Yep. Enjoyed watching both.

Good sports day between Duke lax and Lefty.
    I enjoyed watching Phil do it too, and also really enjoyed watching the Hawks quiet MSG with a terrific Game 1 finish just now.
    I will not offer any comment on lacrosse.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I enjoyed watching Phil do it too, and also really enjoyed watching the Hawks quiet MSG with a terrific Game 1 finish just now.
    I will not offer any comment on lacrosse.
    I watched the last 10 minutes of lacrosse, which now constitutes the most lacrosse I have ever watched. It was fun...but I can't say I would watch normally. I wouldn't make an appointment to watch it. I am this way with Duke football too, where I will watch if I'm home. Duke basketball I plan work trips around. Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I watched the last 10 minutes of lacrosse, which now constitutes the most lacrosse I have ever watched. It was fun...but I can't say I would watch normally. I wouldn't make an appointment to watch it. I am this way with Duke football too, where I will watch if I'm home. Duke basketball I plan work trips around. Priorities.
    I dated a girl on the Duke lacrosse team for a year and had to go to all the home games. Up to that point, I had never seen a lacrosse game. I did not know what the h-e-double lacrosse sticks was going on so I just cheered when everyone else did.

All the lacrosse dads had big heads and teeth that were too white.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I dated a girl on the Duke lacrosse team for a year and had to go to all the home games. Up to that point, I had never seen a lacrosse game. I did not know what the h-e-double lacrosse sticks was going on so I just cheered when everyone else did.

All the lacrosse dads had big heads and teeth that were too white.
    I dated a UNC soccer player and a couple of UNC softball players. I went to a ton of games.

I dated a UNC soccer player and a couple of UNC softball players. I went to a ton of games.
    And a Meredith basketball player. She was 5'11" and could have posted me up and I would not have been able to stop her inside. Ton of games.

Stuck with an ear worm...

Stuck with an ear worm...
    https://youtu.be/VMYAEHE2GrM

You're welcome.

Up early for exercise.

Up early for exercise.
    Getting up is my exercise. With about the same amount of grunts and groans as is heard on a daily basis at a men’s gym.

I bet you have the legs for it though.
    I do, I do! Five or six miles of walking per day keep them lovely, though shaving might help...

Up early for exercise.
    Same. 3.8 miles (walked) and 360 pushups in.

up early to move furniture for Carpet Men who presumably loom (sic).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    up early to move furniture for Carpet Men who presumably loom (sic).
    This is poetic.

Didn't everyone learn when they were kids that you walk against traffic and bike with traffic? There are an astonishing number of people in my neighborhood who walk or run with traffic and look at those doing the opposite as if they are crazy. This morning a guy who I would guess is 15 to 20 years older than I am ran right at me and refused to go around. I was shocked at that because it was aggressive. He made eye contact and just ran at me.

And the especially stupid ones are walking with their backs to traffic while wearing earbuds.

The neurotic barking dog problem in my neighborhood was nearly solved a few weeks ago by my mom who was leaving my neighborhood when said dog dragged earbudded owner into the path of my mom's CRV. The speed limit is 25 and she was going even slower, so she was able to slam on her brakes in time. The guy looked at her sheepishly and tried to blame it on the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And the especially stupid ones are walking with their backs to traffic while wearing earbuds.

The neurotic barking dog problem in my neighborhood was nearly solved a few weeks ago by my mom who was leaving my neighborhood when said dog dragged earbudded owner into the path of my mom's CRV. The speed limit is 25 and she was going even slower, so she was able to slam on her brakes in time. The guy looked at her sheepishly and tried to blame it on the dog.
    Yes! Not only are people unaware of the rules of the road (and the physics behind man vs car fatalities), they exhibit a frustratingly poor understanding of proprioception.

Yes! Not only are people unaware of the rules of the road (and the physics behind man vs car fatalities), they exhibit a frustratingly poor understanding of proprioception.
    You googled that one, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You googled that one, didn't you?
    I was a history major with an English minor who grew up in Mount Airy. The upshot of this is I know every word and can pronounce none of them.

It’s indeed wonderful, and it’s on the list of possibilities, but it’s not the original; it’s the 7th.
    You're right. Luxo Jr. is the one I was thinking was first, but a quick check says even that one is #2. I've never seen André and Wally B.