Page 1155 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1556551055110511451153115411551156115711651205125516552155 ... LastLast
Results 23,081 to 23,100 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Mmmmmmm banana pudding with vanilla wafers for the cookout tonight...
    I love my own cooking...
    My mom makes the best naner puddin'.

Alma mater vs. alma mater

Who do you root for?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Alma mater vs. alma mater

Who do you root for?
    First of all, congrats.

Second of all, well . . . . the underdog. LGD!

Boy oh boy oh boy
    I get to do my three favorite things everyday this week 😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Boy oh boy oh boy
    I get to do my three favorite things everyday this week ����
    Golf, drink, nap?

My wife and I are still in the midst of the "50 by 40" project, wherein we endeavor to visit all 50 states before my 40th birthday. Our original plan for this summer's RV trip had been to cross off Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska, but since pretty that whole area is underwater, we're in the midst of a quick pivot to a New England trip, ending at Acadia National Park and crossing off Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, plus West Virginia and New Jersey for her. A little frantic, but it's falling into place and I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife and I are still in the midst of the "50 by 40" project, wherein we endeavor to visit all 50 states before my 40th birthday. Our original plan for this summer's RV trip had been to cross off Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska, but since pretty that whole area is underwater, we're in the midst of a quick pivot to a New England trip, ending at Acadia National Park and crossing off Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, plus West Virginia and New Jersey for her. A little frantic, but it's falling into place and I can't wait.
    My wife and I plan on buying an RV in the next 10 years. We want to do the same thing!

Enjoy your trip - there is some GREAT beer up that way

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My wife and I plan on buying an RV in the next 10 years. We want to do the same thing!

Enjoy your trip - there is some GREAT beer up that way
    RV life is the best, and I could not more highly recommend it. We did about 12,000 miles and 2 months in ours last year. Will end up at around 6,000 miles and 5 weeks this year.
    Still mad at my wife for taking me back to New Jersey, though.

You better let me take you to dinner when you do make it to Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And give a shout when you get to NV!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    But of course, although the prairie states are turning into something of a white whale for us...this is now the second time we've postponed a pass through that region.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    And give a shout when you get to NV!
    We made it to Reno/Tahoe several years ago, but I've still never been to Vegas, so I'm gonna hold you to that too!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Dude - that's MY neck of the woods! When are you coming through? (And if you're planning to go through Burlington, Vermont, I've got 2 kids who go to UVM and one is staying there for the summer. I'd love an excuse to cruise up there for visit with him and we could take you to a Vermont Lake Monsters game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Dude - that's MY neck of the woods! When are you coming through? (And if you're planning to go through Burlington, Vermont, I've got 2 kids who go to UVM and one is staying there for the summer. I'd love an excuse to cruise up there for visit with him and we could take you to a Vermont Lake Monsters game.)
    Dood... I used to live two blocks from that baseball stadium. I would pop into games all the time. The team was miserably bad, but it was always good fun.

Day 2 of VBS successfully completed.

Seems a bit early for VBS...

Seems a bit early for VBS...
    We find it easier to get volunteers when it is early in the summer - before people start heading out for vacations. It is actually a week later than the last two years when we did it during the week of Memorial Day - so we only had 4 days.

The theme is Rampage on the River - given all the flooding around the midwest, it might not have been the best choice but who knew? We picked the theme last summer.

I keep on seeing the French Open thread and seeing it as French Onion. I could use a good cup of French Onion at the moment.

Summer classes:

Philosophy of Sex and Love

American Indian Tobacco and Substance Use

Wilson, the ancestral OPK manse is in Connecticut. Have some nutmeg for me when you're there.

Summer classes:

Philosophy of Sex and Love

American Indian Tobacco and Substance Use
    My freshman seminar class (at the little hippie college down the road) was Politics, Religion, and Sex. Quite the conversation starters.