Page 891 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 39179184188188989089189289390194199113911891 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,820 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Blessings for your son, BD. Fight on young man! The oatmeal and pizza additions sound tasty, more of a dinner entree to me though. How about a little tabasco in there?
    We eat a lot of the steel cut, small crock pot, four hours overnight low heat.
    OPK, have you tried adding nuts, pumpkin seeds, shredded unsweetened coconut, dried mango, currants, etc?

SUE71ESQ, Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Any cake left over for your old pal weez?
    Have not tried, but those all sound like good ideas.

What started off as a good sports weekend quickly dropped into gutter be the end of Saturday. I shall skip all events tomorrow.

SUE71ESQ, Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Any cake left over for your old pal weez?
    Hmmm... no belated birthday wishes for me unless you're 11 months late. Mine isn't until next month.

On the other hand, (have I mentioned this yet?), I found out this week I passed the Nevada bar exam, so I'm licensed in 2 states now. Blessing? Curse? Remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    ...so I'm licensed in 2 states now. Blessing? Curse? Remains to be seen.
    Congrats! Serenity now, insanity later?

(Yes, a Seinfeld reference.)

Hmmm... no belated birthday wishes for me unless you're 11 months late. Mine isn't until next month.

On the other hand, (have I mentioned this yet?), I found out this week I passed the Nevada bar exam, so I'm licensed in 2 states now. Blessing? Curse? Remains to be seen.
    Congrats! Now all I need is a good bail bondsman, and I'm set for my next Vegss trip!

I hear Chico's is nationwide, but that may just be Bad News.

I'm a lector in my church, and I get a reading this morning from Exodus. Lots of smoting. Good way to start the morning. Alas, no begatting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm a lector in my church, and I get a reading this morning from Exodus. Lots of smoting. Good way to start the morning. Alas, no begatting.
    Beware the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Beware the unclean.
    I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

Good morning from Pittsburgh. We plan to walk to a bakery for breakfast this morning.

I had breakfast for lunch yesterday. Chorizo and cheese omelet.

We are planning on kayaking around the point today and a rousing game of croquet somewhere on campus later on - complete with the required hats. If you know me on FB, theee should be pictures posted later this week.

Met the niece's boyfriend and did round one of the interview. Any suggestions for questions for round 2? Asking random questions about his growing up years.

That bakery won't have Pop Tarts. Or will it?

Oh dear, yesterday was a long one, sorry. I mixed up your bday greetings to bostondevil. So, to review, happy bday to bostondevil and congratulations to you on passing yet another state bar. This is becoming kind of a habit for you, isn't it?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Met the niece's boyfriend and did round one of the interview. Any suggestions for questions for round 2? Asking random questions about his growing up years.
    I asked the daughter's now beau about the infield fly rule, just to make sure he was "our kind." Believe you me, it wasn't easy to work that into the conversation.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That bakery won't have Pop Tarts. Or will it?
    No pop tarts. French pasties. Yummmmm

Speaking of breakfast, a few weeks ago I happened to notice that there was a package of bacon in my fridge that expired the next day. So, doing what any bacon lover would do, I prepared the whole package. For brunch, I had two thick bacon sandwiches, with a side of bacon and another side of bacon.

I didn't have any remorse, cause I prevented a food waste. Fortunately, my next annual physical exam is about a month away. My cholesterol level may be back down to 3 digits by then.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    No pop tarts. French pasties. Yummmmm
    These:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasties

or these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Wink

Oh dear, yesterday was a long one, sorry. I mixed up your bday greetings to bostondevil. So, to review, happy bday to bostondevil and congratulations to you on passing yet another state bar. This is becoming kind of a habit for you, isn't it?
    I thought that might be the case. Thank you!