Page 95 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 458593949596971051451955951095 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have no pets. When one of my sons asks me why we don't have a dog, I say, "Are you willing to get up at 6am and walk the dog?" They always say no, then I say, "That's why we don't have a dog."

I do love dogs, but I love them even more when I'm not responsible for them, kind of how a lot of people feel about babies and children.

The end of the semester sure does wonders for one's post count. Told y'all I'd be back, didn't I?

Just noting that we're closing in on both 2000 posts and 100 pages.

Booch turns 8 on Monday. He was born 3 (I think) days before my graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Booch turns 8 on Monday. He was born 3 (I think) days before my graduation.
    Happy Birthday Booch!!!

Are you going to do anything to celebrate?

When Katie turned 16 I picked up a slice of cake at Nantucket Grille.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Happy Birthday Booch!!!

Are you going to do anything to celebrate?

When Katie turned 16 I picked up a slice of cake at Nantucket Grille.
    We've been taking him on 5 or 6 mile hikes in a park near our house, so we'll probably do something like that. We can't spoil him with food or he'll commit an act of gastroterrorism on our house. He has a weak stomach, and I'll leave it at that.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    We've been taking him on 5 or 6 mile hikes in a park near our house, so we'll probably do something like that. We can't spoil him with food or he'll commit an act of gastroterrorism on our house. He has a weak stomach, and I'll leave it at that.
    Oh I get it!!! Before I started feeding Katie canned food regularly I'd give it to her as a treat on her birthday. Because she ate it too quickly we would have "gastroterrosim" incidents. Excellent word, by the way.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The end of the semester sure does wonders for one's post count. Told y'all I'd be back, didn't I?
    ... and I just submitted my last grades.

I think I'll collapse.

Well, I'm kind of just posting to post. We had day #6 of spring in New England today...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ... and I just submitted my last grades.

I think I'll collapse.
    Congratulations! That is, indeed, a great feeling. Did it feel a bit weird, submitting grades for the last time at your current school?

Now that your grades are in, that means you have more time to post! People are catching up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, I'm kind of just posting to post. We had day #6 of spring in New England today...
    Ymo, isn't that the purpose of the longest thread ever?

It was gray and rainy in St. Louis today. I ventured out to Target for a shopping spree in between showers and bouts of unpacking. Also watched part of the John Adams mini series. TV on Demand is truly a great thing. I thought TiVo was great; I think this surpasses it!

Back to unpacking...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Ymo, isn't that the purpose of the longest thread ever?

Back to unpacking...
    Guilty as charged, but was trying to keep my overall participation on this thread to less than 10% of the posts. Which means y'all need to make 400+ posts to this thread posthaste.

Moving is painful and fun...it has forced me on many occasions to purge the junk and acquire new junk!

He's lost his reign as dumbest Survivor ever! (spoilers)

James couldn't have said it better.

Erik deserved it. Period.

Gotta hand it to Cirie - she is good. Very good. Scary good.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Red face Numb feeling

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Congratulations! That is, indeed, a great feeling. Did it feel a bit weird, submitting grades for the last time at your current school?

Now that your grades are in, that means you have more time to post! People are catching up with you.
    After I turn in grades every end of semester I go through a few hours of totally numb depression. It's a little worse in the spring semester (with graduation). This time it's doubly numbing. Graduation takes place on Monday morning, so I have a number of events to attend this weekend. Going to be very odd.

The postcount hasn't slipped any during grading. I budget a block of time to grade, refresh on the DBR, and repeat. Sort of like shampoo!

FWIW, we now have a three-car draft of DA, Ymo, and me.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I can't believe how good all the women are... or how seriously gullible Erik is. Wow. Just plain wow.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I've let a little bit of a gap open up...working on closing it down as quickly as I can.

AND now it's over.

After I turn in grades every end of semester I go through a few hours of totally numb depression. It's a little worse in the spring semester (with graduation). This time it's doubly numbing. Graduation takes place on Monday morning, so I have a number of events to attend this weekend. Going to be very odd.

The postcount hasn't slipped any during grading. I budget a block of time to grade, refresh on the DBR, and repeat. Sort of like shampoo!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    My undergrad advisor once told me that he hated graduation, because he had to watch students leave who had become friends. After becoming an academician myself I understood this sentiment - I cried at graduation when my first group of 4-year students graduated. The last graduation at my first academic job (where I was denied tenure) was pretty awful. So, yes, I understand where you're coming from. Graduation weekend karma to you!

I've let a little bit of a gap open up...working on closing it down as quickly as I can.
    I'm trying to cut in, but I'm several laps behind so it doesn't matter. (I'm also working on the emoticon per post count! )

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    AND now it's over.
    Man, that stinks. Apparently the same thing is happening here - we're going to have below normal temps for the next several days.

Are you still on your break from running, Bostondevil? Another few days, right? Hope the recuperation from the marathon is going well!