Page 1236 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2367361136118612261234123512361237123812461286133617362236 ... LastLast
Results 24,701 to 24,720 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We’re the sides not crusty enough to hold it in form, or was it just too crumbly?
    The tops came off 6 of the 8. Maybe the grease job on the muffin pan? I used a spray that is 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The tops came off 6 of the 8. Maybe the grease job on the muffin pan? I used a spray that is 5 years old.
    Can’t beat butter. Not healthy, but cornbread.

Ymo, would you like me to pm my can't fail corn bread recipe? Swear to heaven, it comes from the Ordinary restaurant next to T. Jefferson's country shack in Charlottesville.

I make it in a pan, not muffin tins though.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ymo, would you like me to pm my can't fail corn bread recipe? Swear to heaven, it comes from the Ordinary restaurant next to T. Jefferson's country shack in Charlottesville.

I'd like it, please.

If you post it here, I'm likely to take a swing at it.

Done.

Sorry, lol, check your pms.
    Last edited by weezie; 01-02-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yes, please!

Note to self: check LTE more frequently...

First day back in the office after the holiday break. More people than I anticipated, but still a slow day. Monday should be fun.

The thing I won't be looking forward to on Monday is the traffic. With each new school semester comes new patterns for people getting their kids to school. The first two weeks are awful, the first two months merely bad before we get the respite of spring break and then a month later, Fiesta.

When I lived in the 'nati ('09-'12), one of the many rumors floating around was that the secret ingredient to Skyline chili was cinnamon. Having had my share of Skyline chili, I decided to give it a shot. Long story short, I don't believe it is the secret ingredient(I hear chocolate is the other potential mystery ingredient.) While it certainly didn't ruin anything, I don't think it added much and is better left out.

What do you use to add flair to your chili?

When I lived in the 'nati ('09-'12), one of the many rumors floating around was that the secret ingredient to Skyline chili was cinnamon. Having had my share of Skyline chili, I decided to give it a shot. Long story short, I don't believe it is the secret ingredient(I hear chocolate is the other potential mystery ingredient.) While it certainly didn't ruin anything, I don't think it added much and is better left out.

1. Blend of hot and medium chiles, not just one (I like it hot, and a blend gives different taste profiles in different parts of the mouth)
    2. Venison or bison in addition to beef
    3. Fresh parboiled/skinned tomatoes (variety) instead of canned tomatoes

According to Penzey's, it has cocoa powder & cinnamin https://www.penzeys.com/shop/recipes/cincinnati-chili/

I think cinnamon in chili is a real gamble.

As in the family staring at the chef with murderous intent.

You don't tell'em. 😂

Agreed, I am not picturing that flavor profile working or adding much. Mixing dark chile powder and chocolate probably adds a similar but better note I would think.

For me, I want the meat and peppers and tomatoes to take the starring roles. Maybe pepper, salt, chile powder and paprika on the meat when I am browning it first. Otherwise, let the main ingredients do what they do.

But I am far from an expert and am always looking for new angles to try. I do not tend to follow recipes so most things I cook come out a little (or a lot) different each time.

Ooh, chili. I know what I'm cooking this gross-looking January weekend!

I still have a lot left. Each time I make it, it is a unique event. Cinnamon, spicy sausage, and spicy V-8 juice were the variations this time around.

Italian sausage, shrimp. Venison. Jalapeno peppers.

Man cannot live by chili alone...

Tonight it was Italian Wedding soup which is actually not served at Italian weddings but refers to the wedding of tiny meatballs, chicken broth, chopped escarole, chopped fennel, cannellini beans, parmesan cheese rinds and a large spoon. And don't forget the acini de pepe.