Page 43 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553931435431043 ... LastLast
    wilson is up early with a sick dog today. YAAAYY!

Wink Was it the chili?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This sounds like an easy thread-starting question:
    What's worse than waking up early with a sick dog?

The possibilities are endless! (and hence, PERFECTLY suited for this thread).

Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Poor dog...and yes DA, I find myself wasting too much time looking at useless information. I have to make a conscious effort to just turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    (Arnold Horseshack impression) ooooo ooooooo oooo oooooo,
    I know the answer to this question!
    What is worse than waking up early with a sick dog?
    Stepping barefoot into whatever the sick dog has left behind, and at like 4am!
    THAT is worse!

Arnold Dingfelder Horshack

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    (Arnold Horseshack impression) ooooo ooooooo oooo oooooo,
    I know the answer to this question!
    What is worse than waking up early with a sick dog?
    Stepping barefoot into whatever the sick dog has left behind, and at like 4am!
    THAT is worse!
    ooooo ooooooo oooo oooooo,
    Waking up early with TWO sick dogs.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Well, I was in the Mass General emergency room until 2am with the 3 year old last night, running a fever, and I was relieved to find out it was only the flu. Just the flu means we didn't have to get admitted.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ooooo, 400th post (for me)!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Don't ya hate it when you know you should just turn off the computer and go to bed, but yet you stay up way too late browsing useless stuff, and then are dead tired the next day?
    I call that my life.

Don't make 'em angry

Amazing, a compilation of all those things that happened to 'ol Bruce Banner (TV Show) that made him angry and thusly, turn green and 'hulkly'

http://kennethjohnson.us/HulkOutList.html

What would make YOU angry enough to turn green and hulkly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, I was in the Mass General emergency room until 2am with the 3 year old last night, running a fever, and I was relieved to find out it was only the flu. Just the flu means we didn't have to get admitted.

Ok ok, so thats bad too. Sorry to hear, hope your little one gets better soon. Stock up on the garlic!!

WHAT, pray tell, is a game of broomball game? Please explain.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    DA did a fabulous job explaining. I would be plagiarizing if I tried to explain.
    Any of you ever play broomball?

Our high school version of the game was played on the tennis courts when the nets were down (winter only); about 5 people per side, and a goalie. Equipment was a basic straw broom and a non-fully-inflated volleyball. Rules were like icehockey, except there were no blue-lines; there was offsides.

The inter-class rivalries were always played out in broomball games, it was pretty intense/entertaining.

Man, I want to play again, but I've never heard of/seen it out here. Maybe it was just a mid-Atlantic thing?
    The only thing I'll add, and DA let me know if this differed for you, as I played broomball in Vermont we already had frozen tundra to play on. Patches of ice were laid out, or shoveled out, and that is what we played on. No skates, just boots. You used the brooms to move the ball down the ice.

Needless to say, we would come home with bruises all over the place. But it was worth it! Every pain was a badge of honor of sorts.

enforced brevity

Pretty sure I haven't posted in this thread yet so I thought it was about time.

I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 10 days ago and am typing/mousing with my left hand only for another 2.5 weeks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    Pretty sure I haven't posted in this thread yet so I thought it was about time.

I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 10 days ago and am typing/mousing with my left hand only for another 2.5 weeks at least.
    Ooo, sorry to hear about your shoulder. EarlJam can give you advise on some good meds. That is if he has any left.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!!!

The possibilities are endless! (and hence, PERFECTLY suited for this thread).

Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Waking up with a sick girl. And you don't know her name.

longest

Don't ya hate it when you know you should just turn off the computer and go to bed, but yet you stay up way too late browsing useless stuff, and then are dead tired the next day?
    That sounds like OZZIE posting at 2:12 AM a week or two ago . Please refer to the 'ymm, beer' thread for some tasty suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Bummer; had that happen to me last week. Hope it was just a passing thing -- Bully's seem to have sensitive stomachs, which is odd considering they try and eat everything. (My guy's going through a cardboard phase.)

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Ooo, sorry to hear about your shoulder. EarlJam can give you advise on some good meds. That is if he has any left.
    Ow, rotator cuff injuries always sounds painful!

But if it's not that bad, I'm sure EJ would also be happy to take the extra vicodin or percocet off your hands.

Bummer; had that happen to me last week. Hope it was just a passing thing -- Bully's seem to have sensitive stomachs, which is odd considering they try and eat everything. (My guy's going through a cardboard phase.)
    Holy crap. I said pretty much exactly the same thing to my mom on the phone this morning. Though I wasn't especially worried, your input makes me feel much better.
    Walter seems to have pulled through...no major issues since breakfast. Here's hoping it's behind us.

DevilAlumna, Wilson

Presuming you have carpets, what do you use to clean up throw-up from your dogs?

One of my cats throws up at least once a week and I use Resolve to clean up the stain. It works pretty well though am considering investing in a steam cleaner.

Welcome to the newest member of the Galore household.

I can't believe I did it, but I have adopted a third cat. Here is a picture of Miss Moneypenny, or Moneypenny for short. She moved in less than 48 hours ago and is doing great with her older sister. Her brother is adjusting. He's such a momma's boy and I think is afraid he will be left out of the lovin's.