Page 168 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 681181581661671681691701782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 67662

synchonized diving

I'm sure this is a very hard thing to do. How long has it been an Olympic sport? And didn't we have enough synchronism with the swimming?

post counter

The post counter in this thread must be broken. Or someone is messing with it. Devildeac now has 9 more posts than me, without even posting. How is this possible?

Chad to the left, chad to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    The post counter in this thread must be broken. Or someone is messing with it. Devildeac now has 9 more posts than me, without even posting. How is this possible?

I would demand a recount...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Since the Opening Ceremony, I have watched at least 5 minutes of coverage of the following sports:

badminton, rowing, team handball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, water polo, field hockey, gymnastics, diving, swimming, and weightlifting (great seeing that Vietnamese guy win a silver, not too many medals for Vietnam I would imagine).

Badminton? The only problem with that as a Olympic sport is that watching it really makes me think I could take some of those women. There must be something great that they are doing but it sure looks easy. It's the only Olympic sport that makes me feel this way. (Beach volleyball on the other hand bores me, I really can't watch much of it.)

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

Does this make it 10 now?

Smile 2 AM Eastern time slot

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Since the Opening Ceremony, I have watched at least 5 minutes of coverage of the following sports:

badminton, rowing, team handball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, water polo, field hockey, gymnastics, diving, swimming, and weightlifting (great seeing that Vietnamese guy win a silver, not too many medals for Vietnam I would imagine).

Badminton? The only problem with that as a Olympic sport is that watching it really makes me think I could take some of those women. There must be something great that they are doing but it sure looks easy. It's the only Olympic sport that makes me feel this way. (Beach volleyball on the other hand bores me, I really can't watch much of it.)
    Water polo was great.

Off to Kentucky!!

Have a safe trip!

And while you may think you can compete in Badminton, to play at that level is much more difficult than you might think...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Have a safe trip!

And while you may think you can compete in Badminton, to play at that level is much more difficult than you might think...
    Agree, Olympic badminton is very hard, the birdie is fast. Is it a birdie or a shuttlecock?

I just noticed this, the spell checker wants to change YmoBeThere to Motherer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Water polo was great.

Off to Kentucky!!
    Bon voyage!

I loved the 4x100 men's freestyle, especially with that French dude shooting off his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Have a safe trip!

Believe me, I know that I'm not good enough, it is the modern art of sports though, watching it makes me think 'I could do that!'

Who posted that quote? I think it was here.

"Talent without creativity = craftsmanship. Creativity without talent = modern art."

Hey, I just passed 900 posts! I think that actually belongs in the 'Whatever' thread but I'm so far behind in reading that one. One of these days, I'll catch up.

Danger Will Robinson, danger! The LTE almost slipped to page 2.

I just picked something weird looking and funky smelling out of my belly button. *Passes to EarlJam for perusal*

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I just picked something weird looking and funky smelling out of my belly button. *Passes to EarlJam for perusal*
    TMI, way too much...

Red face Tmi?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I did that a few years ago; a month later I had umbillical hernia surgery.

Ymo: TMI?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

I did that a few years ago; a month later I had umbillical hernia surgery.

Ymo: TMI?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    TMI? I was wondering the same but was too to ask as I am sure the answer will be simple and obvious when revealed to us.

Smile Exciting Men's Gymnastics... yeah, that's right

Without giving away what's going on, the US men's gymnastics team on the high bar is absolutely SICK. The Chinese men on the rings are incredible. Maybe not worthy of its own thread, so I put it here in the LTE... why not?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Without giving away what's going on, the US men's gymnastics team on the high bar is absolutely SICK. The Chinese men on the rings are incredible. Maybe not worthy of its own thread, so I put it here in the LTE... why not?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    It has been fun to watch. I wish I understood the scoring better. They keep showing the LIVE in the upper right corner of the screen. Is this really live? Since it is currently 8 or 9 in the morning there, I don't think it is. Don't they have the technology to remove that logo when re-airing the event?

Agreed - the high bar was amazing for the Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    TMI? I was wondering the same but was too to ask as I am sure the answer will be simple and obvious when revealed to us.
    TMI = Too Much Information.

I see in the Top Grossing Movies thread, that I am way behind the summer movie curve; I've only seen 1 (Iron Man) of the top 5! Is anyone else similarly situated?

It's not that I don't want to see them, it's just when summer weekend nights roll around, I can usually think of better places to be than a dark movie theater.