Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on DBR! My oven is preheating and my turkey is ready to go in. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

I am thankful for lots and lots.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on DBR! My oven is preheating and my turkey is ready to go in. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

I am thankful for lots and lots.
    Unusual and difficult year but I have a lot to be thankful for.

No guests this year. It will be interesting to see how much damage my wife and I can do to a 12 pound turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and stay safe.

Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals. I like others have much to be thankful for.

God bless you and Your families. As always,

GoDuke!!!!

Strange year here in my house,but like so many others, so much to be thankful for.

I do make an effort to reach out to those close to me on this day and tell them how thankful I am to have them in my life, and I encourage each of you to do the same.

I wish everyone here a safe holiday of reflection and ingestion.

Cheers to the DBR community.

On this day, despite spending it with just Mrs CDu and CDu Jr, I am reminded of how thankful I am for for many things. This community is one of them. Thank y’all for being here.

The smoker is fired up and the turkey is in. Hope you all have a Happy (and healthy) Thanksgiving! Best wishes to all from the CDu household.

I am sincerely thankful for many things. Our family, highly dispersed, is mostly free of COVID and otherwise healthy. We are able to spend today with some friends we have been in a pod with, so there's enough of a crowd to prepare a big meal. I am thankful there are vaccines and will soon be available in the tens of millions of doses.

Although I wish the winter snow would come and bring winter sports with it, all is really good with us.

happy Thanksgiving Day to all.

Sage and Ms. Sage
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I happy Thanksgiving to all from the PK family!

Happy turkey day.
    Banana pudding ✔.
    Red rice ✔
    Chicken bog ✔
    Both turkeys in oven ✔

https://www.insider.com/why-you-shou...dinner-2020-11

Happy Thanksgiving! Excited to eat the pork shoulder I prepared. It's time we all admit that turkey is simply a substandard meat. It is a fine delivery device for stuffing and gravy. But it's a third-rate meat on its own. Saying you like turkey is like saying you think the rice is the star of sushi. Hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

Happy Thanksgiving! Excited to eat the pork shoulder I prepared. It's time we all admit that turkey is simply a substandard meat. It is a fine delivery device for stuffing and gravy. But it's a third-rate meat on its own. Saying you like turkey is like saying you think the rice is the star of sushi. Hot take.
    Two rationales for turkey at Thanksgiving. (a) Grits and turkey gravy the next morning. (b) The turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce as a spread.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post

Oh the rice makes a difference in every dish. I had told my wife rice was rice.
    I got completely schooled on the difference in rice and the types of rice
    For different dishes.
    Sushi rice is a short grain sticky sweet rice.
    We have a rice storage machine holds 4 types of rice with foot pedals to dispense 1 cup 1/2 cup or 2 cups of your decided type.
    While the rice may not be the star of sushi it plays a integral role.
    You wouldn't use sushi rice for bbq hash.or vice versa.

As for turkey well its turkey.
    I usually make frogmore stew at Thanksgiving.
    My brother in law hates seafood so it just naturally seemed like the go to dish.he avoids cooking at the holidays so everyone else has too. This has the added benifit of encouragement for him to cook something if he wants to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Oh the rice makes a difference in every dish. I had told my wife rice was rice.
    I got completely schooled on the difference in rice and the types of rice
    For different dishes.
    Sushi rice is a short grain sticky sweet rice.
    We have a rice storage machine holds 4 types of rice with foot pedals to dispense 1 cup 1/2 cup or 2 cups of your decided type.
    While the rice may not be the star of sushi it plays a integral role.
    You wouldn't use sushi rice for bbq hash.or vice versa.

As for turkey well its turkey.
    I usually make frogmore stew at Thanksgiving.
    My brother in law hates seafood so it just naturally seemed like the go to dish.he avoids cooking at the holidays so everyone else has too. This has the added benifit of encouragement for him to cook something if he wants to eat.
    Genius!