Page 854 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 35475480484485285385485585686490495413541854 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,080 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I landed my dream job and a LARGE raise today.
    This seemed like a good place to shout that fact, since I haven't told my current boss yet.
    Way to go!

Congratulations, Wilson!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I landed my dream job and a LARGE raise today.
    This seemed like a good place to shout that fact, since I haven't told my current boss yet.
    I will need to see you in my office first thing Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When I think pool games, Marco Polo and Jump or Dive come to mind. Neither fits.
    Sharks and Minnows, also.

Jump or Dive? We played Jump, Spin, Dive. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Sharks and Minnows, also.

Jump or Dive? We played Jump, Spin, Dive. Interesting.
    Didn't know about the spin option. Very interesting.

Moving sucks.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Moving sucks.

Carry on...
    Right around the corner from 12 Bones and 8 minutes from the new Sierra Nevada brewery? I have little sympathy.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Right around the corner from 12 Bones and 8 minutes from the new Sierra Nevada brewery? I have little sympathy.
    Well then feel free to come pack these boxes

...just don't mess with the beer...

Grumpy old man, get off my lawn, the world is going to hell in a hand basket alert.

WTFF is wrong with kids today?

I leave my car in the church parking lot to walk to my son's school for an event (school had lousy parking, another gripe for another time )

When I come back, there is a pink sweatshirt and cup of coffee on the trunk of my car and a young man and woman (ostensibly flirting) in between my car and the next.

The young man says to his friend "uh, I think you need to move your stuff".

I'll admit I'm funny about my car, I'm even funnier about (lack of) respect.

As I pull out of the parking lot, there are six kids on the other side of the train tracks throwing fist sized rocks over the tracks and onto the street. They run and hide as my car approaches.

I definitely did dumb stuff when I was younger.
    I always knew better than to put my stuff on someone else's car, or throw big dangerous objects into the street.

Lucky for me I just fumed and ranted all the way home.
    Both the kids and the local gestapo would have been less than pleased with me if I had blown up at the two flirty kids and then attempted to force those knuckleheads to pick up all the rocks off the road in the dark.

Rant over, I feel (somewhat) better.

There, there, feel better now fuse. Whadda gonna do. The little dolts throwing rocks at cars are criminals. But you kept your cool and that's what counts.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Dang, you've been talking to grumpy ricks68 too much. He claims he has too much beer and can't get anyone to help him clear some space in his beer fridge, yet in the same day he's bragging how he's hiding certain products from me when we visit later this month .

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Grumpy old man, get off my lawn, the world is going to hell in a hand basket alert.

I leave my car in the church parking lot to walk to my son's school for an event (school had lousy parking, another gripe for another time )

When I come back, there is a pink sweatshirt and cup of coffee on the trunk of my car and a young man and woman (ostensibly flirting) in between my car and the next.

As I pull out of the parking lot, there are six kids on the other side of the train tracks throwing fist sized rocks over the tracks and onto the street. They run and hide as my car approaches.

I always knew better than to put my stuff on someone else's car, or throw big dangerous objects into the street.

Both the kids and the local gestapo would have been less than pleased with me if I had blown up at the two flirty kids and then attempted to force those knuckleheads to pick up all the rocks off the road in the dark.

Sounds like you need a delivery of some hand-crafted ales tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sounds like you need a delivery of some hand-crafted ales tomorrow...
    Post 16666, must be the devil in you speaking.

Maybe I should have signed that post:

devilxxxx

Heh-heh. Quite the coincidence you should note that considering one of the beers I was sipping last PM. But you won't find that description on this thread...
    Last edited by devildeac; 05-07-2016 at 08:52 AM.

I guess you could say this series of posts on the LTE from 16660 to 16669 has the Devil Inside.

Sounds like lots of change in your life. Hope all's well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sounds like lots of change in your life. Hope all's well.
    All is well here.

Will be much better after Monday, though.

Thursday even better...

We need to catch up soon over a few hand crafted ales

matty, wrap those Zima six-packs carefully. That's our special championship drink, remember!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Recently I exited a local deli at lunch time to find an (alleged) adult, a grown man, a man appearing to be older than I am, leaning against the front of my car having already placed his personal belongings (lunch leftovers or whatever he purchased inside, briefcase, and a newspaper) on the hood.

As I'm clicking my fob to unlock it, which he would've heard if he hadn't been on his phone, the lights flash twice indicating it's unlocked. He missed that part, too. I open the car door, at which point the adult-age man (freaking man-child) looks at me as if I'M DISTURBING HIM. Look, Mr. Dirtbag, grow up and get some manners. I managed to say "excuse me" in a not too snarky voice, and he ever so slooooooowly removed himself and his belongings from my car. Sorry to impose on you, Mr. Dirtbag, by returning to work.

What a turd.

Wiiiiilllllllsoooooonnnnnn, we need deets on the new gig. Pleez.