Page 154 of 204 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Maybe re-read the quote...clearly calls PG the natural position for Quinn. I also remember ALL THE STORIES about how Quinn gave up his natural PG position to welcome Tyus in...
    No I read the quote just fine. You should perhaps re-read Kedsy’s post and the one where you called both Cook and Tyus combo guards. That was the post I was pointing to as where you are arguing against yourself: Cook IS a natural PG, not a combo guard as you had previously suggested. And he certainly wasn’t a combo guard in 2013 (one of the years of data Kedsy presented for Cook), as your more recent post (about him moving off his natural PG position in 2015 for Tyus) confirmed. As such, Kedsy’s point was accurate.

Your more recent post is accurate, but it contradicted your prior post (which had some errors).

geez...how much longer until the season starts??

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    geez...how much longer until the season starts??
    13 rotation/minute distribution threads from now...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Kira Lewis staying at Alabama. Not surprising given Tre's return.

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball...-transfer.html

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Plus, there's reason to believe that Tre's shot will be much improved next year. It's such an obvious deficiency for him, and must be so irritating / embarrassing how teams literally just dropped off him to let him shoot in the Tourney. I'd make a strong wager that he works extremely hard on that this summer and that his % is considerably higher next year, probably 30% or more. If he returns, of course.

- Chillin
    No wager here. Tre is going to work hard this offseason and be a good shooter next year. Go Tre! Can't wait to see him succeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I think it's reasonable to expect improvement from Tre as a perimeter shooter, but with this roster, he's actually going to be a MUCH more prominent ball handler, and won't be spotting up nearly as much. With Zion, RJ, and Cam gone, Tre's going to be running the show just about all the time. We don't really have another playmaker. It's actually kind of scary. If Tre gets nicked up at all at any point, we're pretty screwed, unless Jordan makes a massive leap in his skill level as a playmaker.

In fact, Tre is going to be so important to our offensive game, that I'm not sure he can be the same on-ball defender he was this past year. That role is expending a lot of energy on the defensive end, and we need him to do a TON for us on offense next year. IMO, it was one of the biggest reasons he wasn't as consistent a shooter, he just had tired legs from playing incredible defense. A lot of his jumpers were short, which is a sign of fatigue. This is why I'm kind of hoping we can somehow still get RJ Hampton. We need another guy who can create offense. It seems like a long shot with Tre back, though.

This is really shaping up to be Tre Jones' team.
    I think that RJ Hampton ship has sailed. Slater put in a Crystal Ball pick for Hampton to Memphis immediately after it was clear that Tre was coming back. I sure wish Hampton would consider an RJ Barrett type role on next year's Duke team. Without Zion he could really score and create as much as he wanted.

But his camp made it pretty clear that Duke gets Hampton if Tre goes pro, and we don't if he stays. It's a bummer, but we have to be thrilled to have Tre Jones back! Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I think that RJ Hampton ship has sailed. Slater put in a Crystal Ball pick for Hampton to Memphis immediately after it was clear that Tre was coming back. I sure wish Hampton would consider an RJ Barrett type role on next year's Duke team. Without Zion he could really score and create as much as he wanted.

But his camp made it pretty clear that Duke gets Hampton if Tre goes pro, and we don't if he stays. It's a bummer, but we have to be thrilled to have Tre Jones back! Go Duke!
    RJ tweeted today that playing with a true PG would be preferable....or maybe it was an instagram post...my son saw it.

RJ tweeted today that playing with a true PG would be preferable...or maybe it was an instagram post...my son saw it.
    That would be absolutely fantastic if true. If Duke next year has Tre Jones and RJ Hampton, we would be sick! I think it would be very smart for Hampton. You can't beat Duke's exposure and he could really be a star on a very good Duke team next year. But we'll see.

I want Duke to be dominant! Yes I'm greedy.

RJ tweeted today that playing with a true PG would be preferable...or maybe it was an instagram post...my son saw it.
    Which RJ.

From what I saw of RJ Hampton, I am not a fan of his demeanor on the court at times. He has to respect the game and opponent at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Which RJ.

From what I saw of RJ Hampton, I am not a fan of his demeanor on the court at times. He has to respect the game and opponent at all times.
    I liked Christian Laettner's demeanor. I liked JJ's demeanor. Sometimes a little attitude is a good thing. But that's just me.

I'd take Hampton in a second on next year's team if we can get him.

I liked Christian Laettner's demeanor. I liked JJ's demeanor. Sometimes a little attitude is a good thing. But that's just me.

I'd take Hampton in a second on next year's team if we can get him.
    Me too. That kid can really put the ball in the hole. We also don't have anybody close to his level of athleticism. Getting him would be massive.

No wager here. Tre is going to work hard this offseason and be a good shooter next year. Go Tre! Can't wait to see him succeed!!
    I think so, too. I will bet Tre shoots at least 35% from the 3-pt. line on 3-4 shots per game.

Jason Jordan in an Interview with R.J. Hampton just said that he would find it even more attractive to play with an elite point guard.

https://twitter.com/JayJayUSATODAY/s...135869952?s=20

My balls are tingling with excitement.

If Coach K and staff manage to pull off both Hurt and R.J., we just might be the consensus number 1 team in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post

My balls are tingling with excitement.
    I'm so happy for you, but this was way TMI before I had my Wheaties this morning...

That would be absolutely fantastic if true. If Duke next year has Tre Jones and RJ Hampton, we would be sick! I think it would be very smart for Hampton. You can't beat Duke's exposure and he could really be a star on a very good Duke team next year. But we'll see.

I want Duke to be dominant! Yes I'm greedy.
    As am I. FWIW, my son is very optimistic about RJ Hampton and Hurt...and he called Zion last year. So we'll see....

As am I. FWIW, my son is very optimistic about RJ Hampton and Hurt...and he called Zion last year. So we'll see...
    Maybe this would help FerryFor50 convince his son to again cheer for Duke!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Maybe this would help FerryFor50 convince his son to again cheer for Duke!
    Nah, the child is 5 years old. That ship has sailed.

()
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Nah, the child is 5 years old. That ship has sailed.

()
    Expectations kept well in check ... may get neither. Elated Tre is back! but if you could have ONE of Hurt or Hampton. Which would we think is better for team?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Expectations kept well in check ... may get neither. Elated Tre is back! but if you could have ONE of Hurt or Hampton. Which would we think is better for team?
    If I had to pick one - Hurt. Ellis and Hamilton are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    If I had to pick one - Hurt. Ellis and Hamilton are very similar.
    Hampton, not Hamilton. And Hampton is a MUCH better than Ellis.