Page 92 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 428290919293941021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 67385

Thumbs up Oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Not necessarily, especially if we're looking at ease of sell rather than net profit. I think that the neighbor's overpriced house might help Lavabe's house sell more quickly. Assuming the houses are similar and Lavabe's house is more reasonably priced, the discerning buyer would choose Lavabe's house.
    That's PRECISELY what we're going for. We have 1/2 more bath, flatter and larger backyard, and a screened-in-porch. We also didn't have rotted out wood panels that were just replaced.

They have the new granite-top kitchen counters. Yeah, that'll account for the difference.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    That's PRECISELY what we're going for. We have 1/2 more bath, flatter and larger backyard, and a screened-in-porch. We also didn't have rotted out wood panels that were just replaced.

They have the new granite-top kitchen counters. Yeah, that'll account for the difference.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    That's how it worked for me. I may not have made a huge profit, but I sold my house. Loads of others are still on the market! Remember the OTB karma extends to the selling of homes! BTW, do we need to start sending out job karma for Mrs. Lavabe yet?

Smile Cheer up a guy ... send him flowers

That's how it worked for me. I may not have made a huge profit, but I sold my house. Loads of others are still on the market! Remember the OTB karma extends to the selling of homes! BTW, do we need to start sending out job karma for Mrs. Lavabe yet?
    We'll save it for when she goes on the market in earnest. Our first task is to de-clutter the house.

And we have clutter.

Good news: my last class gave me flowers for my last lecture. Made my day!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

We'll save it for when she goes on the market in earnest. Our first task is to de-clutter the house.

And we have clutter.

Good news: my last class gave me flowers for my last lecture. Made my day!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Ick. Decluttering. I had to do a little bit of that. Now I'm having to unhide and pack the stuff that I put away for the big decluttering!

Nice of the class to give you flowers. I never got anything like that, but I did bake turtle brownies and give them out the day that the students filled out evaluations.

Lte

Ick. Decluttering. I had to do a little bit of that. Now I'm having to unhide and pack the stuff that I put away for the big decluttering!

Nice of the class to give you flowers. I never got anything like that, but I did bake turtle brownies and give them out the day that the students filled out evaluations.
    When we moved in June, 2001, we filled about 10 large barrels with children's clothes that I had not seen in 10-15 years. That was in addition to countless cardboard boxes of clothes, books and other children's "things." Where Mrs. Devildeac had the stuff sequestered I will never know. It made for a very nice list of itemized deductions on our tax return that year .

devildeac, pushing for 3rd team and 2nd team all in one night!

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    devildeac, pushing for 3rd team and 2nd team all in one night!
    Funny

It's nice to be back from my meeting/the beach/vacation and be a part of the "posters gone wild"

Welcome back!

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thanks.

Is Lavabe's lead too much to overcome now or are you just drafting ?

Dilemma

Well, I wanted to do something for my 2000th post, but it was holding me up from actually responding to various threads and people, so sorry if this is anti-climactic...

But, I did have to make post 2000 in the LTE -- I think the next goal should be to get this bad boy thread to 2000 posts too!!!

Up next, NCAA Champs, baby... (Post 2001)

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Lavabe, maybe you can sell your house on ebay?

Whenever we want to sell a house, my wife buries a specific religious statue in the backyard. Works every time! And now there are houses scattered around the east coast with buried statues. Think of the fun that future archaeologists will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Lavabe, maybe you can sell your house on ebay?

Whenever we want to sell a house, my wife buries a specific religious statue in the backyard. Works every time! And now there are houses scattered around the east coast with buried statues. Think of the fun that future archaeologists will have.
    My understanding is you bury a statue of St. Joseph (Jesus' earthly dad). And, I think you bury him upside down.

Wonder how you would do that if you live in a condo. (I'm being cheeky)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's nice to be back from my meeting/the beach/vacation and be a part of the "posters gone wild"
    I'm headed down old Mexico way in a week -- can't wait! I definitely need some sun & warmth.

It'll be Ymo & Lavabe's chance to blow right by me.

Smile Have a good time in Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I'm headed down old Mexico way in a week -- can't wait! I definitely need some sun & warmth.

I doubt it. It'll be the final push for grading, PLUS by the end of the week, we need to have made MAJOR progress in de-cluttering. Too much work! On the other hand, I may need to DBR it to regain my sanity. And there's a NASCAR race, the Braves will get another injury or two, and BillyBreen will make another reference to FOTC. Yeah, you're right. I'll pass you, but try to get you to draft with us.

There is also the thought that once I hit 2,012 (as you just did), I may want to hold it there a bit. After all, as is shown in your post, 2,012 equals JIM SPANARKEL.

My wife, the biggest Spanarkel fan in the world, will not want me to leave that level for a while. She is on a one-person campaign to have them retire the uniform of "Jimmy."

So where are you going? Diving off Baja?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. Moderators, my wife will be very upset. After looking at DA's post, I just saw that Jimmy's name is misspelled under DA's name: "Sparnakel." Please correct it. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Lavabe; 05-03-2008 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Moderators ATTENTION!! DBR spelling error. S-P-A-N-A-R-K-E-L

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My wife, the biggest Spanarkel fan in the world, will not want me to leave that level for a while. She is on a one-person campaign to have them retire the uniform of "Jimmy."
    Your wife and I may have to throw down, unless she's willing to share the title of biggest Spanarkel fan. He came to my junior high school and since I was president of the student council, I got to hold his jacket when he took some shots in our gym at an assembly. On the Top 10 list of most thrilling moments of my life.

(Has she seen him lately? Talk about aging well! Hot, hot, hot. Oops, sorry, TMI I'm sure.)

Wink Another Jersey Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Your wife and I may have to throw down, unless she's willing to share the title of biggest Spanarkel fan. He came to my junior high school and since I was president of the student council, I got to hold his jacket when he took some shots in our gym at an assembly. On the Top 10 list of most thrilling moments of my life.

(Has she seen him lately? Talk about aging well! Hot, hot, hot. Oops, sorry, TMI I'm sure.)
    Every first round NCAA weekend, she has to watch for Ian Eagle and Jimmy calling some blowout game in the midwest. She agrees with your assessment.

It's Jimmy and Colin Firth. Between the two of them, I have no hope.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

1. take your laptop
    2. send us some beer reviews
    3. you are now Jim Spanarkel
    4. you are right, at 2012/Spanarkel, Lavabe will be on your doorstep in NO time, but he may come to a screeching halt there as his wife has a Spanarkel "thing" and may make him cease and desist at that number(yea, right )

I wouldn't do number 1 on DD's list...

And I have no ulterior motives at all with that comment!

It's Jimmy and Colin Firth. Between the two of them, I have no hope.
    But Dude, you're Lavabe! Spanarkel (sparnarkel?) is only 6'5", Firth a dinky 6'1.5"!

"You don't keep score? Then how do you compare yourself to other golfers?" "By Height."

Random thought:

If guys can have a "brotha from anotha mutha" can women have a "sister from another mister"?