Page 1684 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 68411841584163416741682168316841685168616941734178421842684 ... LastLast
Results 33,661 to 33,680 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And rompers to go until I sleep...?
    Perfect!

Good morning, no rompers here...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning, no rompers here...
    So to recap yesterday:
    1. The shorts vs joggers debate is THE sartorial debate of our time
    2. Anything that is written by any of you is going to draw a literary reference from me
    3. OPK wears neither shorts nor joggers

You guys are amateurs! We women can wear our comfy clothes to the office with no one the wiser. I have worn joggers to work, just add ugg boots to cover the ankles, a long sweater, and poof! an acceptable cold-weather office outfit. This also works with workout leggings. I have even worn an Old Navy pajama top to work AND RECEIVED COMPLIMENTS on what a pretty "blouse" it was. (snicker, snicker) Now, when I work at home, it's no major transition, except I can opt for No Bra Friday.

Three degrees below zero with a nice stiff breeze this morning, so wear your shorts at your peril. I'm going with the fuzzy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So to recap yesterday:
    1. The shorts vs joggers debate is THE sartorial debate of our time
    2. Anything that is written by any of you is going to draw a literary reference from me
    3. OPK wears neither shorts nor joggers
    I believe the 'O' stands for onesie.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You guys are amateurs! We women can wear our comfy clothes to the office with no one the wiser. I have worn joggers to work, just add ugg boots to cover the ankles, a long sweater, and poof! an acceptable cold-weather office outfit. This also works with workout leggings. I have even worn an Old Navy pajama top to work AND RECEIVED COMPLIMENTS on what a pretty "blouse" it was. (snicker, snicker) Now, when I work at home, it's no major transition, except I can opt for No Bra Friday.
    The diversity of comfy clothes available to women far exceeds what is available to men. However, the diversity of decidedly un-comfy clothes available to women also far exceeds what is available to and expected to be worn by men. So, trade-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Three degrees below zero with a nice stiff breeze this morning, so wear your shorts at your peril. I'm going with the fuzzy pants.
    I like to align my pant length by degrees below zero for hikes. My yams stay pretty warm so a 3 degree below zero hike (no wind, mind you) keeps me in the short shorts.

Working in a casual professional environment is pretty great. For the first ~6 years of my career, I wore a jacket and tie every day. Now, it's t-shirts and Levi's. Most of my clothes have either cartoons or National Parks on them.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I used to see a lot of turkeys at the apartment complex I lived at in the North Shore area of Boston. That was over a decade ago.
    They're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m the same way around horses. Anxious, that is. They know it, too.

Figure I could get comfortable around them but it would take some time and regular exposure.

We have a dog that, despite lots of time and money invested in training, can react pretty aggressively to strangers - human and canine. Definitely has made us more appreciative of having a yard and places to walk with good leash law enforcement.
    I had a rather spectacular fall from a horse in high school. I had some but not a lot of experience riding horses at the time. I was with a group and wasn't paying close attention to my horse, chatting with the friends who were on the ride with me when my horse decided it was time to race with the horse my brother was on. She ran me into a low hanging tree branch which, thank goodness, was dead, otherwise I might have broken my neck, but that part of the incident caused me to lose my grip on the reins. After that it was hang on to the saddle horn for all I was worth. If she had merely slowed instead of coming to an abrupt stop (with a slight turn sideways), I probably would have stayed on. But that was not to be. Because of the sideways turn, I did not go headfirst over the top but instead slide off the side which probably saved me from serious injury. I didn't even have a minor injury. When I found myself flat on the ground though, I realized I had exactly one course of action, get back on that horse immediately. I told her, "Ok, that was fun, but I'm getting right back on you and you are going to WALK me back to the stable, right now." She did. I will still ride horses, but I'm not much for going fast on one.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We figured out a long time ago when we took the family to Disney and stayed at a value resort which was classified as "no frills", that we were a family which prizes frills. There wasn't shampoo and conditioner, they were combined into a concoction which I refer to as shonditioner. And also there were no fitted sheets (such a strange cost cutting measure), only tucked in top sheets. Still had a great time but we recognized are not rugged survivalists
    I have twice in my life chaperoned middle schoolers on trips to Europe (once to France, once to England/Scotland). The teacher who runs these trips asked me specifically to please come along when they went to Peru. I told him that much as I loved going on these trips with him and flattered though I was that he wanted me to come back, I am the sort of person that only wants to face First World problems when I travel, as exciting as seeing Machu Picchu might be.

I (and one other person) once chaperoned 40 kids to Montreal when I was 19 years old; somehow all of them returned in fine shape, though we did have one puker on the bus (isn't there always at least one?)...I think this led to my inclination to not have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes, I managed one Outback meal, that was sufficient.
    The only time I've ever eaten at an Outback Steakhouse was in Burlington, Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Look forward to the zoom, even if I'm toting water. A great category!!!!

(I am more a wine and spirits drinker than beer, but they tolerate me relatively politely in the VP's).
    The hubby is a single malt scotch guy. He is in Maryland this week, back Sunday, back to Maryland next Friday. We will be apart for this birthday and Valentine's Day. Most years, I buy him a single malt for his birthday. This year, I'm thinking I'll be the one to have a scotch in celebration. He's only got Laphroaig on the shelf at the moment, I should probably get him another bottle of something. Usually there are a couple of choices. Talisker is his favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Send her yarn - I think she would appreciate it much more than a fern.
    You know me so well!

Maybe something for the guineas?
    They are very spoiled. Very.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Hey, look over here! Here, here...Poptarts!!!

Enough with the kookie drugs.
    Whenever I am in the mood for a psychedelic experience, I pull out a kaleidoscope.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I had a very different college education from many on this board. I'm such a nerd.
    You and me both, DinK. Although I was often present when others were having their different experiences. I am one of life's designated drivers and have been so since long before we coined the term. BD's here! I can get high/drunk/messed up AF, she'll make sure I get home!

I wondered if my absence from this thread was noticed. Clemmons noticed and asked me to come back. I had a lot to catch up on. I have been in a weirdly positive funk since the inauguration. Positive because all I really want is a national pandemic plan. Funk because we have just now started on the hard work required to come back from whatever you want to call our current situation. So, it will get better but it isn't better yet and won't be for awhile.

In the meantime, I got into a serious twitter war with an Oxfordian. He called me some rather choice names. I went high, but I didn't back down from my position.

Have I posted my thoughts on the Shakespeare authorship question here before? I feel like I have. I'll post (or repost) them if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In the meantime, I got into a serious twitter war with an Oxfordian. He called me some rather choice names. I went high, but I didn't back down from my position.

Have I posted my thoughts on the Shakespeare authorship question here before? I feel like I have. I'll post (or repost) them if anyone is interested.
    When has bringing up a topic again ever been wrong on this thread?

Did you have PopTarts this morning?