Page 2129 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 112916292029207921192127212821292130213121392179222926293129 ... LastLast
Results 42,561 to 42,580 of 67404
    Boo and Bubba. Well, alrighty then.

Went sailing on a private sail around Bainbridge Island. Top tier!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    A Duke classmate had a house out there. I visited him there slightly before he fell into the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A Duke classmate had a house out there. I visited him there slightly before he fell into the abyss.
    There is an abyss there?!?!

Orcas Island, up in the San Juans was the first "getaway" Mrs.Mtn.Devil and I evey took together.

Beautiful beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Orcas Island, up in the San Juans was the first "getaway" Mrs.Mtn.Devil and I evey took together.

Beautiful beautiful country.
    A cousin of mine used to work on a research boat in that area. One day a seal jumped onto the back deck panting. Moments later an orca came a quarter way onto the back deck snagged the seal and went back into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A cousin of mine used to work on a research boat in that area. One day a seal jumped onto the back deck panting. Moments later an orca came a quarter way onto the back deck snagged the seal and went back into the water.
    ouch!

Friends of mine continue their ski vacation (yes) in the Portland area, where it was 112 yesterday and expected to be 114 today...ouch again.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ouch!

Friends of mine continue their ski vacation (yes) in the Portland area, where it was 112 yesterday and expected to be 114 today...ouch again.
    The PNW weather right now is just crazy sauce. Where are they trying to ski, Mount Hood?

The PNW weather right now is just crazy sauce. Where are they trying to ski, Mount Hood?
    yes, they have year 'round skiing there, but one has to wonder about current conditions. Forecast at the mountain is 73 degrees...

Normal high temp for Portland for this date is 73 degrees. A lot of people have to be hurting.
    Last edited by budwom; 06-28-2021 at 08:21 AM.

I own some PNW...

http://www.pinnaclewest.com/Home/default.aspx

I have a soft spot for utilities and this was the main utility in AZ when I lived there.

The heat is sort of weird. If you are in the sun then it is absolutely shocking and somehow the sun feels hotter here than at home. But in the shade 100° sort of feels like 85. You could reasonably sit outside and not sweat if you were in the shade.

The heat is sort of weird. If you are in the sun then it is absolutely shocking and somehow the sun feels hotter here than at home. But in the shade 100° sort of feels like 85. You could reasonably sit outside and not sweat if you were in the shade.
    they've got that Western dryness going for them...temps right now in VT and Portland are the same (I know it's early there), 90 degrees, but we have a nasty dewpoint of 72, theirs is a less unpleasant 63...

they've got that Western dryness going for them...temps right now in VT and Portland are the same (I know it's early there), 90 degrees, but we have a nasty dewpoint of 72, theirs is a less unpleasant 63...
    You don't get out of this kind of heat and dryness without forest fires. And any of you who have visited this area knows that these areas are heavily forested. Even in and around the cities.

You don't get out of this kind of heat and dryness without forest fires. And any of you who have visited this area knows that these areas are heavily forested. Even in and around the cities.
    surprised it hasn't been as bad a forest fire year as some in the recent past, but we're just getting started on Summer I guess.

surprised it hasn't been as bad a forest fire year as some in the recent past, but we're just getting started on Summer I guess.
    Yeah. I think it's coming.

Uh oh. Nurse told my wife she looked like she was dropping this morning. Hopefully that means we’re still weeks away but that puts us on almost exact same early timeline as baby number one.

Anxiety ratcheted up. At least we’ve been through this rodeo before if it does happen.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The surgeons may be getting involved with Paddies. And they keep asking him if he's a smoker (he is not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The surgeons may be getting involved with Paddies. And they keep asking him if he's a smoker (he is not.)
    Hrmmm... The saga continues. I hope they find the underlying cause.

Uh oh. Nurse told my wife she looked like she was dropping this morning. Hopefully that means we’re still weeks away but that puts us on almost exact same early timeline as baby number one.

Anxiety ratcheted up. At least we’ve been through this rodeo before if it does happen.
    how early is early?

1. How early is early is a good question.
    2. The chest tube issue sounds like a positioning issue to me.