Page 660 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 16056061065065865966066166267071076011601660 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Works in Asheville but too expensive for my taste.

ricks
    Yeah. Cool concept, but too expensive when paying by the oz.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    http://coolmaterial.com/feature/best...r-summer-2017/

Another 0fer list.
    I've seen the Citra Gose, would love to try the Funky Buddha beer noted.
    Green Zebra has been release if my memory from snooping around the Founder's website last week is correct.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

https://johannakramer.com/2017/07/29...t-taproom/amp/

Kinda mixed feelings about this self serve business model.
    I think Clouds in Raleigh is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Had my first bottle of this today, while in Roanoke for a wedding. Delicious. I think my MIL's stash in the fridge be traveling home with me tomorrow ...
    Dang, I shoulda had a pint of this when a saw it a few weeks ago.

Major accolades to fuse for his recommendation of Lost Province in Boone. Very good beer and we'll find out how good their take-out mac 'n cheese is in about 45 minutes for/with dinner. They had a 45 minute wait for lunch at about 2 PM () so we chose another eatery , but did return 90 minutes later for a flight (4 beers plus a couple other tasters so more reviews tonight ) and the aforementioned take-out (take-away) order.

3F Dreadnaught

Another devildeac delivery special.

Pine and lemon nose.
    Bitingly bitter, tropical fruit intertwined in an odd dance on the tongue.

There is a scent in the nose I can't describe.

I thought this would be a good pairing with buffalo chicken.
    Not a bad match, and the flavours (maybe the Buffalo heat?) clashed a bit.

Good beer, glad I got a chance to try it.
    Cheers!

3F Dreadnaught

Another devildeac delivery special.

Pine and lemon nose.
    Bitingly bitter, tropical fruit intertwined in an odd dance on the tongue.

There is a scent in the nose I can't describe.

I thought this would be a good pairing with buffalo chicken.
    Not a bad match, and the flavours (maybe the Buffalo heat?) clashed a bit.

Good beer, glad I got a chance to try it.
    Cheers!
    I bought that about 3 months ago and guess it was brewed in March or April. Hope it hadn't turned. I should have delivered it sooner.

How many have been in your glass?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/116/

Older son-in-law bought a 6er of Sculpin tonight. I felt inspired. After looking at the list, I felt .

We got "Lost" after driving/touring/walking/hiking on Grandfather Mountain this AM.

Alpine Meadows (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

Drink local! (Boone)

Beer #1 from a four beer sampler (16 ounces total). (well, plus a couple big gulps from the older son-in-law's pint and half pint)

Labeled a French Farmhouse Ale, it lived up to its name. Pour was a light straw color with a thin head. Grassy nose with light pears, apples and floral tastes. IBUs were 24 and the ABV was 6.2%. This would have been tasty with a berry-laden mixed green salad.

Sipa Sumpin' (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

Beer #2

This was a Saison-IPA Hybrid and my favorite of the litter.

Appeared a pale orange-yellow with a small head. Smelled and tasted like tropical fruit juice with mango, papaya and pineapple. Very Saison-like and palate-pleasing at 36 IBUs with the ABV of an IPA at 7.4%. That same berry-laden, mixed green salad, this time with some goat cheese and candied pecans, begs for this beer but some jerk chicken screams just as loud.

Best beer name of the weekend:

Who Tarted? (hey, the 19 month old and 3 1/2 year old grandkiddies are with us along with their parents )

Honorable mention:

Dank Vader Black IPA

Both from Booneshine Brewing. I didn't have either but I guess I'm easily amused.

Booneberry Saison (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

We interrupt your sampler for a couple stolen sips from our older son-in-law's glasses.

Light purple-gold hue (blueberries added), modest head and some light berry flavors along with hints of apples and pears. Minimal bitterness with IBUs at 11 and very thirst-quenching at 5.2%.

Pink Velvet (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

Another stolen gulp or two. This time a raspberry wheat ale. Elvis(14) was NOT in the building .

Certainly happy to have tasted this one as a certain source has named it as one of the Love Ninja's favorites, plus it was highly flavorful. Cloudy, light purple-orange pour with a mild, foamy head. Orange-y/zesty nose with raspberry juice/jammy tastes along with a bit of orange again. Moved another small step down the IBU scale at 9 and also a notch lower ABV at 4.7%

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Yeah. Cool concept, but too expensive when paying by the oz.
    Yeah, fun for an evening but I can't imagine it being my everyday watering hole. Turns out, I like my ounces.

Last 2. Promise. For now.

Mosaic IPA (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

A nice side-by-side with the next one. I thought this might be a single hop ale so I might become more edjumacated. Alas, there are 4 hops listed in the flavor/aroma/dry-hopping/finishing hopping brewing process.

Pour was a clear bronze with a small head. Aromas of orange and rind with tastes of the same with some pine and resin. Mild caramel sweetness. IBUs of 64 and ABV at 6.6%. Other hops listed include Magnum, Centennial and Simcoe in addition to the Mosaic. A really good IPA. Would pair nicely with one of their specialty pizzas or burgers.

Equinox IPA (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

I'm not sure I could tell much difference between this and the Mosaic. Hops are different and the menu listed Cascade, Chinook and Equinox. Color was similar and the aromas were a bit more piney/resin to match the tastes with perhaps a bit of citrus zest. Almost identical advanced stats at 63 IBUs and 6.7% ABV. Pairings? Deli sammiches or spicy entrees.

A post of sincere public appreciation for fuse for the Lost Province suggestion in the continuing education on this thread. I'd suspect the joint is packed on Fridays and Saturdays with their entertainment schedule (check ahead). Thursdays might also be crowded as they have $10 single topping pizzas (usually about $13-14) and $3 pints. Strange that they were half full at noon on Saturday before we arrived but packed with a 45 minute wait at 2PM when we finally got there. .

From 5/18/14:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sculpin-Ballast Point Brewing Company

Consistently listed as one of the best IPAs in the world, last nights 12 ounce bottle, my first ever, made me long for what I've been missing. I think I found a 6er of this in Lexington, Kentucky last fall and this was yet another garage discovery. I've had a couple other Ballast Point brews but don't think I had ever seen this in any of my beer hunting expeditions.

Poured a light orange-yellow with a small head, this had scents of citrus and stone fruits and tastes of mango, grapefruit, orange and a bit of bready, caramel-y sweetness, too. Extremely well-balanced beverage with IBUs of 70 and an ABV of 7%, this was fine for sipping and tasting and would also accompany any mild to moderately spicy foods such as curry or Szechuan dishes. I'm not sure I'd age this so I have 3 bottles remaining that I'm not quite sure what I'll do with yet, having already given my son the first two bottles from the collection. Hmm...
    From last PM:

Worth re-tasting/re-posting. Never turn down one of these, especially when older son-in-law is buying a 6er .

I don't think much has changed in 3+ years and currently ranked #25 in beeradvocate's list of Top 100 IPAs (list posted above).

Last 2. Promise. For now.

Mosaic IPA (draft)-Lost Province Brewing Company

A nice side-by-side with the next one. I thought this might be a single hop ale so I might become more edjumacated. Alas, there are 4 hops listed in the flavor/aroma/dry-hopping/finishing hopping brewing process.

Pour was a clear bronze with a small head. Aromas of orange and rind with tastes of the same with some pine and resin. Mild caramel sweetness. IBUs of 64 and ABV at 6.6%. Other hops listed include Magnum, Centennial and Simcoe in addition to the Mosaic. A really good IPA. Would pair nicely with one of their specialty pizzas or burgers.
    The draft list changes every time we have been there. Of the one you tried that I have had, Mosaic is my favorite. LP makes great beer.

From 5/18/14:

From last PM:

Worth re-tasting/re-posting. Never turn down one of these, especially when older son-in-law is buying a 6er .

I don't think much has changed in 3+ years and currently ranked #25 in beeradvocate's list of Top 100 IPAs (list posted above).
    Another on the list of now owned by big beer (Constellation), do you buy or not?