Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    That's all I'm hearing also. But it sure is early ! Maybe by then the NCAA suits will have acted on the Dump.
    Word just now out that Roy offered Matthew Hurt today.

Edit: don't see anywhere coach K has offered him yet.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 07-26-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Word just now out that Roy offered Matthew Hurt today.

Edit: don't see anywhere coach K has offered him yet.
    ...other than Zags

It's been about 9 months since anyone's posted in this thread, but some more Matthew Hurt news below.

Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 7h7 hours ago
    Mike Krzyzewski was in to see five-star 2019 prospect Matthew Hurt today, per his father. Bill Self & Roy Williams are expected next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It's been about 9 months since anyone's posted in this thread, but some more Matthew Hurt news below.

Mike Krzyzewski was in to see five-star 2019 prospect Matthew Hurt today, per his father. Bill Self & Roy Williams are expected next week.
    There's an Abbott and Costello routine somewhere in there with this kid's name.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

If he comes to Duke, his middle name might well be changed to "Undisclosed".

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    A 6'3" 160# Cherokee? That's a Little Big Man!

I suppose that it "has to be" the Chief's son. Tells you a lot about Sr's personality that he would continue the naming tradition that his "hippie" parents started with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing a legacy or two pop up on Duke's roster, but I'm really hoping to see Shelden's and Candace's sons!
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they divorced awhile back. They did have 1 daughter, though.

Maybe he is related to the man who designed the flooring surfaces in Cameron, the renowned R. Feete Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    If he comes to Duke, his middle name might well be changed to "Undisclosed".
    ...Or Foot...

Might actually be related to Duke's very own 1961 captain, Howard Hurt.

Someone with better search skills can check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Might actually be related to Duke's very own 1961 captain, Howard Hurt.

Someone with better search skills can check.
    Well, Howard Hurt is not his father. According to his brother's basketball bio at Minnesota (where he just finished his freshman year), his Dad's name is Richard Hurt, Jr.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Well, Howard Hurt is not his father. According to his brother's basketball bio at Minnesota (where he just finished his freshman year), his Dad's name is Richard Hurt, Jr.
    Maybe Howard changed his name? Actually, one can learn about our Howard Hurt here.

If Howard Hurt was a captain in 1961, he would obviously not be the kid's father. He would be in his late 70s today, and in his 60s when Matthew Hurt was born. There is a a generation in between. Of course, if Matthew Hurt's dad is a Jr. and not named Howard, then Howard is not the grandfather either. Could be related still, but perhaps not a direct lineage.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

If Matthew comes to Duke, he'll be able to have whatever locker he chooses.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

... his Dad's name is Richard Hurt, Jr.
    Poor Dick ...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If Howard Hurt was a captain in 1961, he would obviously not be the kid's father. He would be in his late 70s today, and in his 60s when Matthew Hurt was born. There is a a generation in between. Of course, if Matthew Hurt's dad is a Jr. and not named Howard, then Howard is not the grandfather either. Could be related still, but perhaps not a direct lineage.
    Hugh Hefner had kids in his mid-60s!

Want to take a guess as to what percentage of men father children in their 60s? I am guessing it was less than 1% back in the early 2000s. And among those who fathered children past the age of 60, I am guessing it is likely limited primarily to the extremely wealthy (you have to have a female partner who is pre-menopausal). I feel quite confident in saying that Matthew Hurt's father is not in his 70s.

"Charlie Chaplin had kids when he was 73."
    "Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up."

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Want to take a guess as to what percentage of men father children in their 60s? I am guessing it was less than 1% back in the early 2000s. And among those who fathered children past the age of 60, I am guessing it is likely limited primarily to the extremely wealthy (you have to have a female partner who is pre-menopausal). I feel quite confident in saying that Matthew Hurt's father is not in his 70s.
    Roughly the same likelihood as having a kid good enough to play college basketball at the ultra-elite level?

Mick Jagger just had a kid last year!

(You know I don't actually believe his dad is in his 70s, right? I am enjoying poking the bear a little bit though.)
    Last edited by gam7; 04-09-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    "Charlie Chaplin had kids when he was 73."
    "Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up."
    This should put the issue to rest... http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/h...baf894ae9.html

Roughly the same likelihood as having a kid good enough to play college basketball at the ultra-elite level?

Mick Jagger just had a kid last year!

(You know I don't actually believe his dad is in his 70s, right? I am enjoying poking the bear a little bit though.)
    Having children very late in life is how President John Tyler (who took office in 1841) still has two living grandchildren.

Anyway, enough about that. We are talking about a different kind of Dick Hurt here.