Page 57 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 67378
    ever wonder why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Also, if nothing sticks to Teflon, how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    ever wonder why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We're a bunch of comedians this morning. Keep it coming.

P.S. PW in devildeac's honor.

PW

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    We're a bunch of comedians this morning. Keep it coming.

P.S. PW in devildeac's honor.
    Thanks for the pub', TG .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thanks for the pub', TG .
    Just doin' my part to keep up our friendly rivalry.

That's the front side of Teflon that nothing sticks to. The backside is very sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    That's the front side of Teflon that nothing sticks to. The backside is very sticky!
    Same story with Wilson's mom.

Talking Latest news: my travel schedule

Will be visiting folks in Kentucky and California in the next three weeks. Suddenly that 500lb gorilla is no longer on my shoulders. I feel much better. What this means:
    1) Any good microbrews near Lexington/Richmond, KY?
    2) Any good microbrews in LA?
    3) Think I can stop off at Pinks while in LA?
    4) Wilson will surpass me very quickly... unless of course, I meet up with Mom in LA.
    5) Shout out to the new DBR posters from UK land!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 02-04-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Shout out

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Will be visiting folks in Kentucky and California in the next three weeks. Suddenly that 500lb gorilla is no longer on my shoulders. I feel much better. What this means:
    1) Any good microbrews near Lexington/Richmond, KY?
    2) Any good microbrews in LA?
    3) Think I can stop off at Pinks while in LA?
    4) Wilson will surpass me very quickly... unless of course, I meet up with Mom in LA.
    5) Shout out to the new DBR posters from UK land!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    You absolutely must go to Pink's. It's right at the corner of Melrose and LaBrea...you can't miss it. There will almost definitely be a line, but it will move quickly. Peruse the menu and order whatever sounds good...it will be.
    Also in that area, if you have time, go to the LaBrea Tar Pits museum. It's not that big, but it's an outstanding facility, and the whole park where it's located is really cool. It's wild to know that something like that is smack in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. Given your academic persuasions, I suspect you'd really like it, and you could knock it out in two hours tops.

Talking Ooooh...

You absolutely must go to Pink's. It's right at the corner of Melrose and LaBrea...you can't miss it. There will almost definitely be a line, but it will move quickly. Peruse the menu and order whatever sounds good...it will be.
    Also in that area, if you have time, go to the LaBrea Tar Pits museum. It's not that big, but it's an outstanding facility, and the whole park where it's located is really cool. It's wild to know that something like that is smack in the middle of downtown Los Angeles. Given your academic persuasions, I suspect you'd really like it, and you could knock it out in two hours tops.
    And I can see where they filmed that schlocky volcano movie that starred Tommie Lee Jones and Anne Heche!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    And I can see where they filmed that schlocky volcano movie that starred Tommie Lee Jones and Anne Heche!
    Schlocky? All I saw was genius. I dunno what the Academy was thinking that year, but Anne and Tommy Lee wuz robbed.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Picking up a dangling bit from prior posts - the theme of my play Almost Made in Heaven, it's love at first sight until they discover, she went to Duke, he went to Carolina. True love does not conquer all.

Any Carolina Panthers fans? Is Geoff Hangartner the starting center? How about Jeremy Bridges, does he start on offensive line? And how is Carolina's offensive line rated?

How come you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

I just posted this in the 'I blame Gisele' thread but I thought it deserved a more thorough discussion.

Guys, can you explain Gisele Bundchen to me? I just don't find her all that hot, really, as in, if I were going to leave my husband for a supermodel, she wouldn't even crack the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just posted this in the 'I blame Gisele' thread but I thought it deserved a more thorough discussion.

Guys, can you explain Gisele Bundchen to me? I just don't find her all that hot, really, as in, if I were going to leave my husband for a supermodel, she wouldn't even crack the top 20.
    I'm not sure how to respond. Gisele's not at the absolute top of my "hottest women" list, but she's definitely somewhere on it. But it's hard to explain such a thing with anything more substantive than "she just is."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Okay, for one thing, she is Brazilian(but no native Brazilian in her, pure European Brazilian). So, there is that whole international thing going on for American based men.

She is well put together, proportionally...okay no one else has been willing to touch this one but I'll type it.

She had one of the better jobs in modeling(VS), so that certainly didn't hurt.

As far as what many will react to - does she have the most beautiful face in the world? Not the most memorable for certain.

Having spent time(months) in the part of Brazil where she is from, there are more attractive women down there...

And finally, keep in mind that different men react to different things.

This is a good topic to get the thread cranking again.
    Who's your #1 celebrity in terms of "I wanna get next to him/her"?

Mine is Jennifer Aniston. Jennifer Aniston is mine.

Mine was Jessica Alba...

George Clooney

Kristen Bell is up there.