Page 393 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2933433833913923933943954034434938931393 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Raleigh's not cheap either but we are willing to help you look. At homes, that is. Plus some breweries, maybe.
    It's surely cheaper than Asheville! Less annoying hipsters too

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    When I was in Denver back in April I stopped by a bar that claimed to have the world's largest draft beer selection.
    Do you recall the # of taps they had? The new Raleigh Beer Garden has 366. No typo.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

More Camel City Beer Happenings

High heads recently opened. Only 1/10 the taps of Raleigh Beer Garden, but all local. Need to pay a visit.

http://m.journalnow.com/home_food/co...html?mode=jqm
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    High heads recently opened. Only 1/10 the taps of Raleigh Beer Garden, but all local. Need to pay a visit.

http://m.journalnow.com/home_food/co...html?mode=jqm
    Nice find. We used to live about 1 mile from there, about 1 block off Old Vineyard Road.

Nice find. We used to live about 1 mile from there, about 1 block off Old Vineyard Road.
    The name of the place is Juggheads. Auto-correct did me wrong there.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

The name of the place is Juggheads. Auto-correct did me wrong there.
    Not a problem. The link had the correct name of the joint. You must subtract a certain # of taps from that 366 total that The Raleigh Beer Garden advertises as some of those are fake or Ycch, Beers.

Do you recall the # of taps they had? The new Raleigh Beer Garden has 366. No typo.
    On a preliminary count, I found only 9 of the 49 WNC breweries in the AVL area listed. And that's counting Sierra Nevada and New Belgium. No Pisgah or Burial or AVL Brewing or Innovation or Boojum etc. Frog Level is even represented. Yuck. You guys need to edumacate these guys. Evidentally, lots of taps do not necessarily translate into great beer drinking. I am sure we will be seeing you guys in AVL again soon.😉

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    On a preliminary count, I found only 9 of the 49 WNC breweries in the AVL area listed. And that's counting Sierra Nevada and New Belgium. No Pisgah or Burial or AVL Brewing or Innovation or Boojum etc. Frog Level is even represented. Yuck. You guys need to edumacate these guys. Evidentally, lots of taps do not necessarily translate into great beer drinking. I am sure we will be seeing you guys in AVL again soon.😉

ricks
    When we visit the new joint in the near future, I'll be sure to bring that to their attention. I'm serious, too. Bhramari was mentioned in the News and Observer beer column this AM.

When we visit the new joint in the near future, I'll be sure to bring that to their attention. I'm serious, too. Bhramari was mentioned in the News and Observer beer column this AM.
    We are also already in the new beer guide but are about a month or so away from opening. Also, a redact on the 49 WNC listing of breweries so far. It is actually at least 36.

ricks

And when you do, don't forget to tip your part time server

That would seem to be really strange. Really.

ricks
    Last edited by ricks68; 07-22-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: can't spell my own name.

Wait, did you get a job there, you sly Devil?

Wait, did you get a job there, you sly Devil?

I believe so.

I believe so.
    It looks like it, thanks to some positive input from Mrs. ricks and Mattman's sparkling personality.

ricks

It's surely cheaper than Asheville! Less annoying hipsters too
    I learned something new today. Money magazine cost of living comparison calculator suggests housing is 27% cheaper in Raleigh than Asheville, and overall 11% cheaper.

I'm somewhat surprised, I figured Asheville would be more expensive than Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I learned something new today. Money magazine cost of living comparison calculator suggests housing is 27% cheaper in Raleigh than Asheville, and overall 11% cheaper.

I'm somewhat surprised, I figured Asheville would be more expensive than Raleigh.
    Just go to zillow or realtor.com and compare what $175k gets you in each city.

Just go to zillow or realtor.com and compare what $175k gets you in each city.
    And be certain you have money leftover for your beer budget, unless, of course, your new part-time job allows unlimited consumption after work hours.

Ballast Point Pale Ale

PALE ALE
    THE ORIGINAL

image.jpg

Had this in San Diego, found it to be very drinkable, smooth, enjoyed with some spicey
    Mexican food.

Some notes from their website.

"The beer that launched Ballast Point.
    Our original Pale Ale is a rich golden brew, crafted with aromatic German hops and rounded out with a blend of American and Munich malts. While it’s hopped like a lager, we ferment it like an ale to create a smooth, bright taste that has just a hint of fruit and spice. It’s extremely drinkable, like a Kolsch should be, yet complex, like a good craft beer demands."
    Let's go DUKE !!!

Seems I'm on a "beer with tea" kick lately, but I have become thoroughly enamored with Fullsteam's various Fearrington series offerings. This is the latest I have tried, after spying it on a recent trip to Stella Brew (how I love that place!). Pours a bright gold with a thick, foamy head. The hint of lemon is what really made this for me. Not overly hoppy for an India-style ale, and very sessionable (which appears to have been the intent). The tea flavors were not as pervasive as in the Stone collaboration, but I actually liked that better. This is another home run by Fullsteam, IMO.
    Had this tonight. As you noted, fairly mild with a lemon "pop". Really nice, enjoyed it. Worth seeking out.

Three-Eyed Raven-Brewery Ommegang

No, this is not a beer honoring the Kelly boys from the MBB team but it is a dark saison ale honoring the Game of Thrones. It's sort of a hybrid ale where a lighter bodied porter meets a saison, they fall in love and a medium brown liquid is born and poured forth that smells and tastes like a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Granny Smith apple that has been generously dipped in lightly sweetened cocoa and dusted gently with black pepper and adorned with gummi pear bits. No spices or additives are used, which is a bit unusual for the Ommegang brewers, except for dark Belgian candi sugar. Hops include the stretch Euro 4 style Hallertau Spalt Select, Tettenang and American Bravo varieties. I'll guess IBU around 20-30 and the ABV is listed at 7.2% so I divided this corked and caged 750 ml bottle that I purchased at World Market earlier this month for about $7 which was when they had 20% off their large format beers. I'm pleased with it and would buy again. I've got an extra bottle so one never knows where/when that might appear...

635630118121342936-GAN-FD-BEERMAN-032415.jpg