Page 392 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2923423823903913923933944024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 67406
    Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but . . .

We had a foot of snow Friday thru Saturday morning. I plowed and shoveled Saturday afternoon and got everything cleaned up. Then it snowed a few more inches today and topped it off with some crusty ice. Looks like I'll be plowing again Monday morning.

I love pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    No, I was not. I'll go check it out now and bookmark the site.
    Happy shopping! Be careful, though - it's really easy to spend way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I love pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any kind of pie, or just pie in general? My brother's father-in-law only likes 2 kinds: hot pie and cold pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but . . .

We had a foot of snow Friday thru Saturday morning. I plowed and shoveled Saturday afternoon and got everything cleaned up. Then it snowed a few more inches today and topped it off with some crusty ice. Looks like I'll be plowing again Monday morning.
    Yikes! Glad we don't have to worry about that yet. There's still time, though. The winter is young. Good luck with getting it all cleared.

Five days, 2175 miles

and one absolutely fabulous basketball game! Yes, it was an amazing race (against the clock on Saturday to get to the group lunch on time before the game).

Driving was easy, and DD's sammiches got delivered safely at 8:15 pm tonight, with nary a bite taken out of them I had bought my own to eat on the way, and for tomorrow too!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Good mornning. It's a nice morning here despite the overcast skies. AD, I too will be doing laundry. Woo hoo, not. I also need to finish my cookie baking.

Ozzie, hope your travels are going smooth and safe.

Prediction: I predict that Duke will go bowling in '09, that we will beat unc and return the victory bell to its proper home. GTHC, GTH!!
    I predict Carolina will still go straight to hell.

I predict we can guess fairly accurately what devildeac will be eating in the next 24 hours. At least for one meal.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    and one absolutely fabulous basketball game! Yes, it was an amazing race (against the clock on Saturday to get to the group lunch on time before the game).

Driving was easy, and DD's sammiches got delivered safely at 8:15 pm tonight, with nary a bite taken out of them I had bought my own to eat on the way, and for tomorrow too!
    When I admitted to OZZIE that I was licking morsels of pastrami and corned beef off the plate I used for heating the cold cuts, he also admitted he was eating crumbs off the napkins, too, as he drove down from NJ today.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Glad you made it back okay. Hope the drive wasn't too stressful.

Wow, they didn't last long did they?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I predict we can guess fairly accurately what devildeac will be eating in the next 24 hours. At least for one meal.
    A Woody Allen made a meal one time and one time only prior to seeing a play with my kids in NY about 4 years ago. My son also devoured a Carnegie club at the same meal. We are glad we had to walk about 15 blocks to the play.
    Now when we are lucky enough to have one of their sammiches, we make about 4 meals out of each one. OZZIE delivered a club to my wife and I think she'll get 4-5 meals out of that monster, too. Ymm, Carnegie.

THANKS, OZZIE!

I'd like a written explanation, please

Regardless of the outcome of the game, I'd like a written explanation and apology from Tom Coughlin as to why the Giants didn't go for 2 in the 3rd quarter. They probably would've gotten the 2 the way that drive went (all Eli had to do was throw it)... even if they missed they still would've needed a field goal to go up on the Panthers (same as w/ the 1 pt PAT), so why settle for the 1?

Now we're in OT. My heart can't take this.

If Eli throws an INT in OT, I may consider burning my Giants shirt. Please, defense, show up. Please.
    Last edited by sue71, esq; 12-21-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Edit: Written as the Giants punted

Yeeeeeeeeeah, forgot to ask the special teams to do their part. C'mon guys! (And the offense and especially the OL too!)

Phew. Ok, I can breathe now. Y'all can resume your PWing now.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Glad you made it back okay. Hope the drive wasn't too stressful.
    Nah, no stress. A few annoying drivers sharing my road, but most of them were in Manhattan last night. That is one crazy place to drive. I-95? That's a piece of cake!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Exclamation Boo chilly

It's now 8 degrees, going down to 5 outside. Wind chill currently is -11 degrees.

Sweet Georgia Brown has an undercoat, so she loves the cold weather.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

For all the snow we have gotten, it is quite possible that we won't have much snow come Christmas Day. Except for the stuff that they have put into 9 foot tall mounds.

Red face Cooooooooold weather

I know... I risk one of throaty's sermons about it not really being cold outside, but I just got done taking the dog out at 630AM, and it was 2 degrees outside, with -11 wind chill.

Umm... it's cold.

Brrr cheers,
    Lavabe