Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    And btw, I don’t just like your daughter’s name because of John Lennon (though that is a factor, obviously). I also find it to be an interesting, unique, and pretty name for a girl/woman.
    I feel exactly the same and, IMO, it’s much nicer than our boy/man names. My bride was extremely kind to agree to my three favorite songwriters (Dylan, Hunter, and Lennon) for names. Of course, the first two are frequently used and not as tribute names.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Not to interfere with you guys' lovefest here, but my son's middle name is Lennon. I think it's an interesting name for a guy or a girl/woman.
    What’s your son’s first name?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I definitely believe it… it’s karma! I realized awhile back, our paths have spiritually crossed many, many times. I tried to send you a PM, awhile back, but your not setup for it.

For one of many examples, your favorite childhood 8-track is the same one given to me when I bought my first car (over 40 years ago). Now, I’m going to see Jackson Browne, in your favorite city, and you’re giving me hotel and restaurant advice.
    Yep, I think you’re right about our paths having crossed. I can’t explain it, but it’s real.

In regard to my PM feature I really wish a mod could fix it. It’s frustrating that my DBR brothers and sisters are unable to reach out to me privately (or me to them). You can email me at ...

Take care, Jeffrey.
    Last edited by -jk; 05-24-2023 at 09:21 PM. Reason: remove address

Thanks, Steven, got your email address.

You might now want to erase it from your post?

Not to interfere with you guys' lovefest here, but my son's middle name is Lennon. I think it's an interesting name for a guy or a girl/woman.
    Lol, “lovefest”. That made me laugh. 😂

Great name choice for your son, btw. Kudos. 👍

I wasn’t nearly as creative, opting for the name William for my son. It fits him well, though, so it all worked out.

What’s your son’s first name?
    I'll put it in a PM.

I'll put it in a PM.
    You’re making me feel bad talking about PMs. You guys don’t know how good you have it!

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    The best live albums do tend to hold up. I still put on “Waiting for Columbus,” “ Rock of Ages,” “Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East,” and “Band of Gypsys” on a semi-regular basis.
    Two of the greatest live albums ever IMO.

You’re making me feel bad talking about PMs. You guys don’t know how good you have it!
    If you are having trouble with PMs I would reach out to a mod. But it may be that you are on a phone, and using “mobile” mode instead of “blue”? (If so you can change it, even temporarily, at the bottom left of the page)

But -jk (IIRC) is super handy with the programming/tech stuff.

Thanks, Steven, got your email address.

You might now want to erase it from your post?
    Drat! Didn’t think of it in time and now it’s too late. Oh well. 😞

Drat! Didn’t think of it in time and now it’s too late. Oh well. 😞
    Flag the post, and ask a mod to delete.

Drat! Didn’t think of it in time and now it’s too late. Oh well. ��
    I sent you a spork response but it got cut off. Your PM came through but I got this message when I tried to respond:

“Steven43 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

You must have a block that you need to remove to receive them, or need to have a mod remove the block.

The good news though— you’re halfway there!

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Great record and great song. Jackson’s band was really tight. Rosemary Butler had some great pipes and David Lindley was a talented multi-instrumentalist playing guitar, slide, Dobro, pedal steel, fiddle and probably some other string instruments. He also sang the super high vocal on “Stay” . RIP David and Rosemary.

https://youtu.be/V4Q-447zVPY
    Don't forget legendary session bassist Leland Sklar, who provided some absolutely beautiful and amazing bass tracks on that album. The music would be completely different without his contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I sent you a spork response but it got cut off. Your PM came through but I got this message when I tried to respond:

“Steven43 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

You must have a block that you need to remove to receive them, or need to have a mod remove the block.

The good news though— you’re halfway there!
    Okay, OldOhiKap, I made what I think are the necessary updates that would allow me to receive PMs from non-mods. I’m going to try sending you another PM now. Thanks so much for helping me out on this. I really appreciate it.

And sorry, guys, for the thread drift. Many apologies.

Two of the greatest live albums ever IMO.
    I generally prefer to watch live performances on YouTube or video but I generally prefer studio recordings for strictly listening. I’ll share a couple of exceptions: (1) Ben Harper - “Live from Mars” and (2) The Waifs - “A Brief History”. In both cases, the live records were the first CD I heard for the artist. This was back in the days of rummaging through used CD bins hoping to find treasure. In both cases I liked the studio versions, that I heard later, less than the live. I think most people know who Ben Harper is but you may or may not know The Waifs. They’re an Australian acoustic Trio (usually) made up of two sisters and a dude. Anyway, I highly recommend both records. Here’s a couple of samples to whet your appetite. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/dj_YrwfmgI0

https://youtu.be/BAjDzP0r7KY

Okay, OldOhiKap, I made what I think are the necessary updates that would allow me to receive PMs from non-mods. I’m going to try sending you another PM now. Thanks so much for helping me out on this. I really appreciate it.

And sorry, guys, for the thread drift. Many apologies.
    I just replied (sorry for the delay, in in a way different time zone presently)

Unfortunately, I’m too old to party at that level anymore.

Unfortunately, I’m too old to party at that level anymore.
    It’s only a bit after 3 in the afternoon here. Although I did do a whisky tasting at Sullivan’s Cove around lunch time so it will likely be an early bedtime for me. Plus, it starts getting dark around 5.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 05-25-2023 at 01:26 AM.

It’s only 3 in the afternoon here.
    Fortunately, I still remember those daze. Ah, the memories!

Safe travels, my friend!

Got it, thanks!

BTW, are you in some faraway land on the other side of the planet? 🌎