Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1746
    FWIW, I deleted the official app from my phone when they blocked Tweetbot. It was a little harder than quitting Facebook.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Twitter laid off another 10% of its staff this weekend: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/tech/twitter-layoffs

The latest axing of about 200 jobs takes the company's headcount down to under 2,000 staffers, according to the Times. That's down from the 7,500 who worked for the social media platform before Elon Musk bought the company last fall for $44 billion.
    The paper reported that the cuts hit product managers, data scientists and engineers who worked on machine learning and site reliability, which, it said, helps keep Twitter's various features online.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Twitter laid off another 10% of its staff this weekend: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/tech/twitter-layoffs
    Including Crawford, the manager who tweeted a picture of her sleeping on the floor in the office back when Musk first took over the company. https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/0...n-office-floor

“Right-sizing”

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It would seem that he's on a personal mission to decrease his personal wealth as quickly as possible (long way to go, I know), not by giving it away but by blithering it away.
    This post aged poorly. As of today, the richest man in the world, again, apparently.

If that was his personal mission, he was pretty bad at realizing it.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This post aged poorly. As of today, the richest man in the world, again, apparently.

I am curious how they value Twitter when completing this analysis. I assume its market value is way down. In the grand scheme of his fortune, it isn't a huge amount, but it might be enough to lower him a bit in the rankings. Though it might be factored in. Unclear. These lists are great for headlines and clicks but are completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

I mean, he was at $340 Billion in 2021 and is now at something like $187 billion. That’s some decent success.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I mean, he was at $340 Billion in 2021 and is now at something like $187 billion. That’s some decent success.
    I'm not good with money, but I've never lost $150 billion.

At least he’s coming to the defense of poor misunderstood Scott Adams.

I’ll self ban myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm not good with money, but I've never lost $150 billion.
    I’ve seen Brewster’s Millions and feel well-equipped to do it if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    At least he’s coming to the defense of poor misunderstood Scott Adams.
    Call me crazy, but I think I am beginning to sense a pattern….

My client is a large health insurance company, and their head actuary asked us the other day, “If Elon Musk were to design an actuarial department, what would he do?” My first reaction was to say “fire 75% of the staff and figure it out later” but I think he’s looking for something a bit more nuanced than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    My client is a large health insurance company, and their head actuary asked us the other day, “If Elon Musk were to design an actuarial department, what would he do?” My first reaction was to say “fire 75% of the staff and figure it out later” but I think he’s looking for something a bit more nuanced than that.
    And have more kids with someone there.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    And have more kids with someone there.
    And offer the ladies ponies for erotic massages.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And offer the ladies ponies for erotic massages.
    A move he stole from me.

Wild guess

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Actuaries are supposed to measure risk, right? Musk seems completely uninterested in the topic of risk, so I assume he would fire everybody but himself and the board members.

Anything big happen on Twitter lately?

If the data presented here are accurate, it’s quite bad.

https://www.vox.com/technology/2023/...evenue-fleeing

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    If the data presented here are accurate, it’s quite bad.

https://www.vox.com/technology/2023/...evenue-fleeing
    Highlight quote.
    Chief among their (advertisers) concerns is a perception that Musk has turned Twitter into a place where people can post racist, sexist, or otherwise harmful speech without much consequence. Major corporations don’t want to jeopardize what they call “brand safety” by associating with offensive content. Musk has taken a lax approach to content moderation — such as allowing Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, and other controversial figures back on the platform in the name of free speech.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    ... data ... are accurate, ...
    Pedants everywhere salute you.