Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaK6bjEFvw

Ryan’s interview after the game. I’ll be back…
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You think the fact that he was pushed, held, hacked, shoved, elbowed in the face and bloodied all day long by a very very physical defense might have had something to do with making it tough to hit long range shots ? He showed incredible mental toughness today and has all season given the beatings he has taken and how he has come back from them and played excellent, poised, mature basketball.
    Well, this crapola will make it more likely any real good player would say "Adios" to NCAA ball

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Flip needs to stay because he is mentally soft right now.
    don't be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Not sure this is unwarranted. In an NCAA tournament game where preparation is crucial, you’d hope you know what personnel you have heading into a game. Finding out 5 minutes before a game that you won’t have a player that started every game this season is….well, very odd. Duke always knows the deal with their players, and often keeps their injuries private. This is not shot against Mark at all. Just odd.
    It's not really odd at all. Game-time decisions about player injuries are made all the time in pretty much every sport. And this injury happened less than 24 hours ago. He might have seemed fine and then aggravated the injury right before the game leading to the late decision on his availability.

There are a lot of plausible, routine explanations for why MM didn't play. Yours isn't among them.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDaK6bjEFvw

Ryan’s interview after the game. I’ll be back…
    Great to hear this (again) from the horse’s mouth and put this to bed. I know Ryan fell off a bit down the stretch, but having a sixth year center who started a lot for us this year is going to be a major luxury next year. I maintain that him and Reeves are a pretty solid center platoon if Kyle leaves, one that could get better if Sean Stewart lives up to his lofty ranking and can play some small ball 5.

Again, another place where we’ll have continuity, which Coach Scheyer has explicitly said he wants. We won’t be starting over from scratch next year, even if we’re building from multiple role/developing players. It’ll certainly be more returning than JUST Roach/Blakes.

Quote Originally Posted by grateful_duke View Post
    Is he even projected to be drafted?
    Because people with access to program insiders have said he (Roach) intends to leave after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Sorry if it’s been asked already: what was the deal with Scheyer learning Mark Mitchell couldn’t go only 5 minutes before the game? Have to say this is odd. Feels like he or his family made a business decision. Why would the communication be so poor?
    Because he thought he could tough it out and then in warmups - it did not feel right? Business decision? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Because he thought he could tough it out and then in warmups - it did not feel right? Business decision? Wow
    Probably Duke's decision to hold him out.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Probably Duke's decision to hold him out.
    I think all but one of us would agree that the reason almost certainly wasn't the odd one baselessly speculated about in the first place.

It is very possible one or more will make a bad decision and have to work through the G league to get to the NBA. Their goal is to play pro ball. Some will and most won’t.
    Technically I think all of them will be spending time in the g league next year. This is not a knock but I don’t think any of our freshmen are ready to contribute to an NBA rotation right now.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Technically I think all of them will be spending time in the g league next year. This is not a knock but I don’t think any of our freshmen are ready to contribute to an NBA rotation right now.
    Perhaps, but playing in the G League with a first round guaranteed contract is a lot different than doing so on a two way deal. Duke has to show this off-season that, between the culture and NIL, that it’s better to be a sophomore at Duke than a G-Leaguer. I think we can do it and keep at least one guy with NBA aspirations.

There is no way this side of %%#^{#%^# that that kid was not just burning his insides out to get in that game and try to make a difference to help out his brothers. Why this even came up, I have no clue!

Proctor has said in past interviews that he doesn’t mind staying for a second year: https://youtu.be/hL-HftbzRS8

We did not have that last year- so not every year.
    We did end up getting to the FF last year with just 3 freshmen, Paulo, Griffin, Keels, we need to have more veterans on the team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Pfyster View Post
    Because people with access to program insiders have said he (Roach) intends to leave after this year.
    Probably a change of place at a school that can use a pg. Think Remy Martin for Kansas. Worked well for him.
    Last edited by proelitedota; 03-18-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Depending where he goes, I suppose, I think Lively gets some run on an NBA roster pretty immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Because the two issues have nothing to do with each other.
    If winning in college has nothing to do with the players the NBA likes to draft, then maybe we should focus on getting players who can win college instead of players that the NBA wants to draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If winning in college has nothing to do with the players the NBA likes to draft, then maybe we should focus on getting players who can win college instead of players that the NBA wants to draft.
    You’re totally right. The NBA is calling all the Princeton players as we speak.

But a few of them will have 3 years of guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    You’re totally right. The NBA is calling all the Princeton players as we speak.
    If your goal is to win championships- then Princeton is probably not the model