Lively
    Whitehead
    Filipowski

50-50

Roach
    Proctor

Likely Stays

Mitchell

Too soon for this, but I'll say if Proctor returns and gets the sophomore shooting bump, we're going to be really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Likely gone

Lively
    Whitehead
    Filipowski

50-50

Roach
    Proctor

Likely Stays

Mitchell
    Mitchell may have to stay if the injury requires surgery.

Worried Mitchell's injury could spook him into jumping.

I’m my opinion Lively is the only guy who could play in a NBA game right now but that doesn’t really mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Mitchell may have to stay if the injury requires surgery.
    I don't think Roach is anywhere close to 50/50. I think he's 100% gone.

I think the entire starting 5 + Whitehead go. I'd be shocked if Proctor came back.

Flip needs to stay because he is mentally soft right now.

Plenty of time to worry about who comes back and who goes. Personally, I think they all go except for Young of course. We’ll see later on.

Flip, Proctor and Mitchell stay.
    Lively Roach and Whitehead gone

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Flip, Proctor and Mitchell stay.
    Lively Roach and Whitehead gone
    I would be over the moon ecstatic for this to happen.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Likely gone

Lively
    Whitehead
    Filipowski

50-50

Roach
    Proctor

Likely Stays

Mitchell
    This seems right, but I’d maybe put Roach as likely leaving and Flip as 75/25. Unfortunately, today exposed the weakness in his game, that he might not be physically ready for the NBA game despite his skills. The chatter preseason was that he was planning on being a multi-year player. Could this leave a bad enough taste in his mouth to bring him back? I’m not saying it’s likely, but I’m saying there’s a chance.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Flip needs to stay because he is mentally soft right now.
    I don't know about that. I think after taking that shot and playing the way he did disproves this notion. Tough kid in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I don't know about that. I think after taking that shot and playing the way he did disproves this notion. Tough kid in my book.
    Flip is as tough as they come. He might need to get stronger so that he can throw some of it back, but I'm not sure he needs to stay in college so that (of course I hope he does).

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Could this leave a bad enough taste in his mouth to bring him back? I’m not saying it’s likely, but I’m saying there’s a chance.
    Or could the officials seemingly allowing teams to use him as a literal punching bag game after game leave a bed enough taste in his mouth for him to want to come back?

I think Lively II, Whitehead, and Roach are locks to go play professional basketball. I’d put Flip at an 80% chance to leave. I’d put Proctor at a 75% chance to leave. I’d put Mitchell at a 50% chance to leave. I think one of Blakes or Schutt could transfer. Grandison is gone. Can Young return and will he?

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    This is a really uncharitable and mistaken reading by proelitedota. If by "mentally soft," you mean "makes some bad decisions dribbling," then I guess I see what he means. But "soft" implies a lack of mental toughness, and I think that today's game puts paid to that idea.

Why does everyone assume JRoach is leaving?

Is he even projected to be drafted?

Personally, I thought Flip demonstrated toughness and determination to go along with his skill set and mobility. The NBA will see a 7 footer with great potential

Lively is likely gone. At 7'1" with his mobility, length and athleticism, he to will be in demand in the NBA.

Whitehead is a 6'7" shooting guard candidate that might well get drafted on potential

Proctor has the height and handle to interest the NBA but maybe not enough to put him high on the NBA draft list.

Mitchell might also be of interest as his defense, length and mobility as very good.

Roach may go, but not to the NBA.

Of our players, it will be lively, Flip and Whitehead who will get tantalizing offers.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I think Lively II, Whitehead, and Roach are locks to go play professional basketball. I’d put Flip at an 80% chance to leave. I’d put Proctor at a 75% chance to leave. I’d put Mitchell at a 50% chance to leave. I think one of Blakes or Schutt could transfer. Grandison is gone. Can Young return and will he?
    Why does a team that can't get out of the 1st weekend in the tournament have that many players that the NBA would covet?