Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Rams Club/NIT money will always be a strong draw, and UNC is a good platform to get media attention. I do not expect UNC to have trouble getting strong pick-ups through the portal.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Well, according to 247 UNC's 2024 class consists of #3 overall player Ian Jackson (SG), #10 overall player Elliot Cadeau (PG), #37 overall player Drake Powell (SF) and #39 overall player James Brown (C). Jackson turned 18 in February, Cadeau turned 18 last September, and I'm struggling to find ages on Powell and Brown. But the ratings and ages imply that the likely reclass candidates would be Jackson and Cadeau, since history shows that more mid-tier recruits that reclass are much less likely to have an immediate impact.

What's interesting is that if both Jackson and Cadeau reclass, they'd likely be doing so to get to the NBA a year sooner (they're well within the likely OAD category). That means they may only do so if they have a starting spot. Would that portend RJ Davis moving on alongside the assumed departure of Love? Or could one of those guys decide to reclass and go elsewhere like GG Jackson did?

Regardless, it's looking more and more like UNC might be starting from scratch next year with the potential exception of Davis, with Puff Johnson and Jalen Washington perhaps the only returning bench guys that saw any significant minutes. And the incoming 2023 class is 2 4* guys, so not the type of players you'd expect to to slot in and make a huge instant impact. That means Hubert is going to have to go hard in the portal again... question is, after the results of this year and how Pete Nance was treated by the fan base, is he going to be able to get the top guys?
    Thanks for the info.

In regards to Nance, I thought they treated him very well with 5-6 boxes of oreos for senior day.

Scott, you aren't implying that Mr. NIL, The Armando, is leaving, are you? To where, and why? Heard he's pulling in a million or so/yr in Chapel Hill.

Although the season may be over, Kenny Smith continues to take Ls as a prognosticator

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Scott, you aren't implying that Mr. NIL, The Armando, is leaving, are you? To where, and why? Heard he's pulling in a million or so/yr in Chapel Hill.
    Being paid seven figures while living a college life seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    He’s bringing home the Bacot.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Although the season may be over, Kenny Smith continues to take Ls as a prognosticator
    Yes, he was pretty emphatic with his prediction regarding the Duke - Oral Roberts game yesterday. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingdukedog View Post
    Yes, he was pretty emphatic with his prediction regarding the Duke - Oral Roberts game yesterday. . . .
    Tears of a Clown...

Dontrez Styles is entering the portal. I've seen speculation that he might end up at Duke but I'm not sure he brings enough to the table to interest Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Kenny is the homer announcer we all wish Bilas would be (don't shoot the messenger - me, but I could not resist)

#family

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Kenny is the homer announcer we all wish Bilas would be (don't shoot the messenger - me, but I could not resist)
    Yes, but it seems that only Duke fans really notice and care that Kenny is such a homer announcer (well, maybe his fellow announcers notice, but they don’t really care.). If Bilas had even a hint of that ”homerism” the majority of the college basketball fan base would be irate.

I hope UNC fans get their wish and all three of Bacot, Love and Davis depart.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Dontrez Styles is entering the portal. I've seen speculation that he might end up at Duke but I'm not sure he brings enough to the table to interest Duke.
    From who? Like you said, he'd bring nothing. Add to that, Duke showed no interest when he was in high school, I can't imagine that we'd now be interested in a Tarheel bare minimum role playing runaway.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kenny who!He shouldn't be on television.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I hope UNC fans get their wish and all three of Bacot, Love and Davis depart.
    I think only their most delusional fans want all 3 to leave. I think most assume Davis is returning, and kind of hope Bacot is too. Agree with you that almost all seem to want Love to leave. Hard to believe how they have turned on one of their players who was a hero in their NCAA tourney run last year.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I think only their most delusional fans want all 3 to leave. I think most assume Davis is returning, and kind of hope Bacot is too. Agree with you that almost all seem to want Love to leave. Hard to believe how they have turned on one of their players who was a hero in their NCAA tourney run last year.
    So by "the most delusional fans", you mean every one on Inside Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Yep. The alternatives are G League or learning an Eastern European language

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    From who? Like you said, he'd bring nothing. Add to that, Duke showed no interest when he was in high school, I can't imagine that we'd now be interested in a Tarheel bare minimum role playing runaway.
    Yeah, Duke is loaded with wings next year. Zero percent chance Styles would be interested in fighting Foster, Blakes, McCain, Schutt, Power, and possibly Mitchell for playing time.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Kenny who!He shouldn't be on television.
    Yes, it isn't so much that he often wrong (as he surely is) but rather that he is perpetually incoherent. He seems incapable of formulating coherent thoughts.