0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I’m doing my best to keep up with all these games,
    but am I the only one that keeps confusing Kennesaw
    State, Kent State, and Kansas State, not to mention
    Iowa and Iona?

Day before Xavier: Duke beat #250 Oregon State by 3.
    2 days after Xavier: Duke lost to Purdue by 19.

Why is Xavier a #3 seed in Greensboro again?

Disclosure: I grew up about 5-10 miles up the interstate from NKU on the good side of the river. If Houston repeats last night performance, they get Gamecock 2017'd on Saturday v. Auburn.
    Last edited by duke2x; 03-17-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    If Houston repeats last night performance, they get Gamecock 2017'd on Saturday v. Auburn.
    Auburn getting to play in B’ham as a #9 seed is the most unfair pod decision this year.

Duke not playing in Greensboro is the worst business decision, unless you don’t care about empty seats. Sunday tix available on StubHub right now for $26. (Although if KSU makes it, I may need to grab SonPK and go).

***upset alert***

#14 Kennesaw State University (just down the road from me in NW suburbs of Atlanta) up by 11 over Xavier (3) 59-48 with 10:00 remaining.

Make that 61-48 with 9:52 remaining!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    #14 Kennesaw State University (just down the road from me in NW suburbs of Atlanta) up by 11 over Xavier (3) 59-48 with 10:00 remaining.

It's completely unreasonable and irrational and narcissistic to believe I could possibly impact the universe in this way, but, of course, Xavier has run off 11 in a row since my last post. Now 61-59.

Huh?

Dude….

It's completely unreasonable and irrational and narcissistic to believe I could possibly impact the universe in this way, but, of course, Xavier has run off 11 in a row since my last post. Now 61-59.

Huh?
    14 in a row now, Xavier by 1 after a 14-0 run

14 in a row now, Xavier by 1 after a 14-0 run
    If this isn't one of the kids from Xavier who started making buckets, you had no impact.

Huh?
    My brother-in-law is the Associate Vice Provost for Global Engagement, Professional Education, and Enrollment Services (geez, is that a long enough job title?) at Kennesaw, and he’s at the campus gym watching the game. I texted him awhile ago when KSU was ahead by double digits. He’s now blaming me for the Xavier comeback.

People are silly, aren’t they?

Huh?
    No I think it was my fault. I said I was rooting for KS

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My brother-in-law is the Associate Vice Provost for Global Engagement, Professional Education, and Enrollment Services (geez, is that a long enough job title?) at Kennesaw, and he’s at the campus gym watching the game. I texted him awhile ago when KSU was ahead by double digits. He’s now blaming me for the Xavier comeback.

People are silly, aren’t they?
    That kind of stuff drives me crazy.

Alternatively, I reversed the impact (jinx) when I posted about Xavier's impressive run.

In other news about this game, what was the shouting match between the two Xavier players? I can't hear the commentary!

Well now we have a good old fashioned barn burner into the last minute. What excitement. I love march madness!!!

Alternatively, I reversed the impact (jinx) when I posted about Xavier's impressive run.

In other news about this game, what was the shouting match between the two Xavier players? I can't hear the commentary!
    No idea. But it happens more than you see or hear. I personally liked being challenged and dog cussed by teammates. Some kids need to play mad.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Auburn getting to play in B’ham as a #9 seed is the most unfair pod decision this year.
    I said that on Sunday, and was quickly corrected on here. 😂

Why didn’t anybody tell Youngblood not to reach?

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I said that on Sunday, and was quickly corrected on here. 😂
    You could have flipped IL-AR and Auburn-IA with zero impact on bracket rules. It would have fair for IA and Houston that way.

Big time block.

I thought they could have called a foul.

Wait- Xavier won?!! I turned it off with them up 13 with a couple minutes to go…. I thought my bracket pick was safe…. Oh well. 0-2 in my picks today.