Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Brooklyn scored 133 points on 49-76 (64.5%) shooting and LOST. Kyrie had 30 and Seth had 32 points.
    Philly went 35-36 (97.2%) on free throws and 51.2% shooting for 137 points. Embiid had 26, Harden 23 and Maxey 27.
    It felt like a playoff game. Simmons played decent, but the Sixers are glad to have Harden instead.
    Brooklyn's shooting percentage in the loss (64.5%) is the third-best mark in NBA history in a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Brooklyn's shooting percentage in the loss (64.5%) is the third-best mark in NBA history in a defeat.
    Because their defense is poor. Kyrie and Seth are not considered good NBA defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Because their defense is poor. Kyrie and Seth are not considered good NBA defenders.
    Especially their free throw defense.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    All-Star Voting as of January 19

Jayson Tatum 4,521,414 (7th overall, 3rd Eastern Conference frontcourt)
    Kyrie Irving 3,968,041 (9th overall, 1st Eastern Conference guard)
    Zion Williamson 3,760,732 (12th overall, 4th Western Conference frontcourt)
    Paolo Banchero 501,316 (only rookie listed)

Even if selected, Zion might not play, and therefore wouldn't be picked by an All-Star captain right before the game because he'd be replaced by then. That leaves Kyrie -- Paolo isn't making the team unless his voting increases tenfold. It would be interesting to see where Kyrie is drafted, especially if Durant and LeBron are the captains.
    Yes... VERY interesting, indeed.

I know there are some folks who aren’t big LBJ fans but if you want to catch a bit of basketball history live, it’ll be in his next 2-4 games somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I know there are some folks who aren’t big LBJ fans but if you want to catch a bit of basketball history live, it’ll be in his next 2-4 games somewhere.
    As someone who was a big fan of Showtime...I'll pass

Dillon Brooks was just involved in a bench-clearing incident with Donovan Mitchell. I hate Brooks and think he intentional hit Mitchell but it “might” have been inadvertent. He is too frequently involved it this stuff and actually is what Grayson gets accused of…

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Dillon Brooks was just involved in a bench-clearing incident with Donovan Mitchell. I hate Brooks and think he intentional hit Mitchell but it “might” have been inadvertent. He is too frequently involved it this stuff and actually is what Grayson gets accused of…
    My 7-year-old and I watched this in a restaurant with the sound off. We couldn’t tell what Brooks did. We did not get a good look, so I defer to the refs/others.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yeah, I remember K got a lot of flak for a post-game interaction with Brooks. I think he's been somewhat vindicated over the years. Brooks is a jerk.

It might have been inadvertent, but there's one particular camera angle where it sure looks intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah, I remember K got a lot of flak for a post-game interaction with Brooks. I think he's been somewhat vindicated over the years. Brooks is a jerk.
    Eh, Brooks is a jerk. But Coach K earned that flak. I don't think Brooks being a jerk vindicates Coach K for being a sore loser and coaching someone else's players.

Coach K was an amazing coach, and his competitive fire was a huge fueling force for his success. But sometimes those juices resulted in missteps (the Brooks admonishment; the Crazies admonishment). It didn't happen often (especially for a coach in the national spotlight for ~30+ years), and it didn't manifest in anything more than somewhat unseemly moments. But it did occasionally happen.

That said, yeah, Brooks seems like a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Eh, Brooks is a jerk. But Coach K earned that flak. I don't think Brooks being a jerk vindicates Coach K for being a sore loser and coaching someone else's players.

Coach K was an amazing coach, and his competitive fire was a huge fueling force for his success. But sometimes those juices resulted in missteps (the Brooks admonishment; the Crazies admonishment). It didn't happen often (especially for a coach in the national spotlight for ~30+ years), and it didn't manifest in anything more than somewhat unseemly moments. But it did occasionally happen.

That said, yeah, Brooks seems like a jerk.
    I didn't mean to suggest K was wholly in the right for what he did. But that Brooks can be a real jerk and that in my mind it makes a difference when you see a player build a decade long resume of being a tool.

It might have been inadvertent, but there's one particular camera angle where it sure looks intentional.
    It didn't look even mildly inadvertent to me... not even close. He knew exactly where he clenched fist was heading. I bet he gets a fine from the league and a suspension too. They will likely fine and suspend Mitchell as well, even though that feels like BS when a dude punches you in the privates.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It didn't look even mildly inadvertent to me... not even close. He knew exactly where he clenched fist was heading. I bet he gets a fine from the league and a suspension too. They will likely fine and suspend Mitchell as well, even though that feels like BS when a dude punches you in the privates.
    Is THAT what it feels like?

I didn't mean to suggest K was wholly in the right for what he did. But that Brooks can be a real jerk and that in my mind it makes a difference when you see a player build a decade long resume of being a tool.
    And I am saying that Brooks being a jerk/tool (which he is) doesn’t in any way reduce the inappropriateness or vindicate Coach K for his actions.

Brooks is a jerk. And Coach K was totally in the wrong. The two are independent, and one being true doesn’t have any implication on the other.

Not that it was a major error on Coach’s part. But he was completely in the wrong, and Brooks proving to be a tool doesn’t change that.

Kyrie is asking to be traded 🤦I'm a real wanker for saying this.♂️

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Kyrie is asking to be traded 🤦I'm a real wanker for saying this.♂️
    I just saw this. I have no words for this young man.

I just saw this. I have no words for this young man.
    Yeah, what a strange trip it's been for Irving's NBA life.

Does he end up in LA?

How could anyone trade for him at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    How could anyone trade for him at this point?
    He has been absolutely incredible on the court this season.