Page 126 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3263
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Hope you didn't get caught in the bathroom like Brad Hamilton did.
    Oh, I did. Pirate hat and all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ashamed that I missed Phoebe Cates talk. Truly the girl of the 80’s.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Can’t spork you. And can’t think of the perfect honeymoon joke…

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I mean... well... what would be the right query? Asking for a friend.
    Sorry, we cannot, under any circumstance, provide you with that information. Your wife was emphatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Sorry, we cannot, under any circumstance, provide you with that information. Your wife was emphatic.
    I didn't even recognize some of the words she called me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Were they words that some people might tell you not to use as they could be considered offensive but others will get really, really upset about being told they aren’t supposed to use them rather than just staying silent or apologizing and moving on?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Were they words that some people might tell you not to use as they could be considered offensive but others will get really, really upset about being told they aren’t supposed to use them rather than just staying silent or apologizing and moving on?
    Hahaha! All of this is very good.

It might be awhile until Jason is allowed to come back to the clubhouse. Obviously, it’s Jason’s fault. Those words were clear.

Sorry to distract, but there is a high profile new movie coming out this week.

M. Night Shyamalan's Knock at the Cabin is easily his best work in years, though that really isn't saying very much. Still, this is a tight thriller that I think audiences will enjoy. Here is my 100 word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...-knock-at.html

In many ways, the plot is an allegory for our troubled times, with conspiracy theories and blind faith being seen as the truth for many people.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sorry to distract, but there is a high profile new movie coming out this week.

M. Night Shyamalan's Knock at the Cabin is easily his best work in years, though that really isn't saying very much. Still, this is a tight thriller that I think audiences will enjoy. Here is my 100 word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...-knock-at.html

Dave Bautista has been busy since shedding his Marvel garb.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    I thought Poldark was fantastic and tend to really enjoy the period dramas. Any others that can be recommended? I've already watched

Vikings
    Vikings Valhala
    Hell on Wheels
    Deadwood
    First two episodes of Billy the Kid (if anyone has any idea how to stream the rest I'd love to hear it)
    The Musketeers
    The Last Kingdom
    Barbarians
    Knightfall
    Black Sails
    Godfather of Harlem
    Madmen was the best imo but you may be set on periods well before the 1950, 60s and 70s. Also Yellowstone and the prequels are good. The Americans and The Knick are also fantastic. Also, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Vanity Fair, Turn, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Glow, The Queens Gambit, Stranger Things, Peaky Blinders, and Anne with an E. The first season of Guilded Age on HBO was also good.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Madmen was the best imo but you may be set on periods well before the 1950, 60s and 70s. Also Yellowstone and the prequels are good. The Americans and The Knick are also fantastic. Also, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Vanity Fair, Turn, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Glow, The Queens Gambit, Stranger Things, Peaky Blinders, and Anne with an E. The first season of Guilded Age on HBO was also good.
    You stole my taste in tv entertainment. Return it immediately!

Probably has been mentioned by others but Ricky Gervais' After Life on Netflix is simultaneously incredibly funny and surprisingly revealing about the human condition. I think it is brilliant and have already watched the whole thing twice. It is the story of a widower who is unsure if he can go on with life without his love. Over the course of the series, he learns to embrace life again. It will make you laugh and make you cry... that's a pretty good day.

If this scene doesn't convince you to watch this show, and doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you have no soul. Sorry, but that is how it works.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I think The Americans is my all-time favorite show.

Probably has been mentioned by others but Ricky Gervais' After Life on Netflix is simultaneously incredibly funny and surprisingly revealing about the human condition. I think it is brilliant and have already watched the whole thing twice. It is the story of a widower who is unsure if he can go on with life without his love. Over the course of the series, he learns to embrace life again. It will make you laugh and make you cry... that's a pretty good day.

If this scene doesn't convince you to watch this show, and doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you have no soul. Sorry, but that is how it works.
    Well, I am happy to report that I do in fact have a soul. The bad news is that I might now be going to Hell for unrelated stuff…

I think The Americans is my all-time favorite show.
    Much of which came to a screeching halt near us at Rouses Point, NY, that was a surprise for us.

Devil's Stomping Ground

Apparently there is a movie out about Chatham County, NC's Devil's Tramping Ground. Not a lot of info on it, but it sounds a bit Blair Witchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5lkL8pQpy0

It wasn’t at all what I expected but loved it.

I've been making regular appearances on a local radio show here in Atlanta (92.9 The Game) for the past couple months. This morning, they sent me an audio file of it. Here is my brief segment discussing 80 for Brady and Knock at the Cabin -- https://www.whyp.it/tracks/68908/jas...se?token=w6RRA

Great feedack. Loved Madmen (at least until the last season), and YS and hte prequels. Americans was great - look forward to the Knick. Seen MMM and the Queen's Gambit, but adding the rest to the list.

Thanks!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.