Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mito Pereira, world number 44, to also join the LIV tour.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Mito Pereira, world number 44, to also join the LIV tour.
    You mean the guy that forgot how to hit a drive on the 72nd hole of the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    You mean the guy that forgot how to hit a drive on the 72nd hole of the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills?
    So like Norman he figures he’s got a better shot of winning in 54 holes?

Yep,that guy. A guy who hit one bad shot at a major. That guy who is better than every human on earth except for 43. Yep. The one who could wax the floor with every single critic of his performance
    on the 18th hole at the PGA. The guy who won a professional tournament when he was a 17-year-old amateur. The guy who was the youngest player ever to earn the Order of Merit on the Latin American Tour. The one with ten professional victories. Yep, that's the one, all right.

You do realize that to get yourself in position to lose a major on the final hole means you are pretty good, right? As if Michelson in his prime didn't card a double-bogey on the 72nd hole of the US Open at Winged Foot and lose by one stroke. Or that Tom Watson didn't ruin what might have turned into one of the best golf stories of all time by airmailing the 18th green with a 9-iron and then missing about a 5-6 foot putt that would have won the Open Championship. He went on to lose in a playoff.

In all likelihood, Mito is better and more accomplished at what he does than anybody on this forum is at what they do, but it seems fair to judge him by one errant shot.

Tough crowd.

Editing to add that I forgot to mention that some hacker named Colin something-or-other... maybe Montgomerie or something like that... (I mean, who cares 'cause he sucks anyway)... that guy also had a double-bogey on the last hole of the US Open.
    Last edited by rsvman; 01-13-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Yep,that guy. A guy who hit one bad shot at a major. That guy who is better than every human on earth except for 43. Yep. The one who could wax the floor with every single critic of his performance
    on the 18th hole at the PGA. The guy who won a professional tournament when he was a 17-year-old amateur. The guy who was the youngest player ever to earn the Order of Merit on the Latin American Tour. The one with ten professional victories. Yep, that's the one, all right.

You do realize that to get yourself in position to lose a major on the final hole means you are pretty good, right? As if Michelson in his prime didn't card a double-bogey on the 72nd hole of the US Open at Winged Foot and lose by one stroke. Or that Tom Watson didn't ruin what might have turned into one of the best golf stories of all time by airmailing the 18th green with a 9-iron and then missing about a 5-6 foot putt that would have won the Open Championship. He went on to lose in a playoff.

In all likelihood, Mito is better and more accomplished at what he does than anybody on this forum is at what they do, but it seems fair to judge him by one errant shot.

Tough crowd.

Editing to add that I forgot to mention that some hacker named Colin something-or-other... maybe Montgomerie or something like that... (I mean, who cares 'cause he sucks anyway)... that guy also had a double-bogey on the last hole of the US Open.
    Well, he’s got a tough hill to climb to reach Greg Norman’s heights. Any old van de Velde can lose a major on the last hole. It takes a master of pain to build a legacy like Greg Norman.

By the way, I do appreciate your apparent mission to counter the narrative that players that stick with the PGA are standing up for all that is right and good and that folks who join up with LIV are bad folks. More than anything else this is all a pure power play amongst rich athletes and the vast wealth that makes their lives possible.

Tough crowd.

Lol I know you like the LIV Tour and that’s fine. I was just making a joke. Given his impressive track record you mentioned, I’d wager the average fan still only recognizes his name as the guy who blew the 2022 PGA Championship. I had honestly forgotten about him. On the PGA Tour, he was a nobody other than that meltdown. He’s made the cut at one major ever - the one he blew.

I did check and he has zero PGA Tour wins. I’m not sure if he will ever get one. Maybe he will win one on the Saudi tour.

I think you should speak for yourself on that.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think you should speak for yourself on that.
    Fair enough.

Not sure I've ever seen this: play was suspended due to darkness with only 1 player not finishing his round. He's on the cut line, on the green, and has 3 putts to make the weekend. Guess he didn't want to take a chance, which I could see with 2 putts. But he's a rookie with a tenuous hold on his card, so I don't blame him either.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Spieth Spieth’d yesterday at the Sony Open in Hawaii.

R1 on Thursday he shot a 64 (-6).

Then R2 yesterday he shots a 75 (+5). He’s -1 overall and will miss the cut.

Jon Rahm Rodríguez wins the 2023 The American Express in La Quinta, California. It’s his 9th win on Tour.

Nick Faldo with some blunt thoughts on LIV golfers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...5b6b3b66576b2e

Day 2 at the Farmers at Torrey Pines is well under way. The players lucked out with a picture perfect day for golf yesterday. Santa Ana winds from the mountains to the east dried out the air generally and pushed the damp ocean air out to sea, but didn’t really get all the way to the coast.

The winds are blowing harder near the coast, but they don’t look too bad over at Torrey yet. I wonder if they will pick up this afternoon or if this is as bad as it will get.

A great moving day at Torrey Pines

Jon Rahm Rodríguez carded a -6 66 to get to -10 overall and is on 2nd place behind Sam Ryder who leads at -12. Ryder is on the 17th hole currently. Tony Finau carded a -8 64 today to get to -8 overall and is in 3rd. If Rahmbo wins tomorrow he’s hands down the best golfer on the planet currently, if he is not already.

If Rahmbo wins tomorrow he’s hands down the best golfer on the planet currently, if he is not already.
    He certainly would be the best golfer in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    He certainly would be the best golfer in San Diego.
    If Rahm wins I think it would be his 4th win in 5 professional starts. No offense to Sam Ryder, but he may not want to look in his rear view mirror. There are some big dogs nipping at his heels. I think this is going to be a fun round. I love this tournament every year and the weather has looked great and the views are out of this world on television.

If Rahm wins I think it would be his 4th win in 5 professional starts. No offense to Sam Ryder, but he may not want to look in his rear view mirror. There are some big dogs nipping at his heels. I think this is going to be a fun round. I love this tournament every year and the weather has looked great and the views are out of this world on television.
    And he reportedly loves Torrey Pines. Got both his first tour win and his first major here. I followed him a bit on Friday of the US Open and it was fun.

It has cooled off in SD for the final round. No rain in the forecast, but the ball won’t carry as well today. I am not expecting too many low scores today.

Raise your hand if you had Jon Rahm, in 2nd place going into the final round, shooting 8 shots worse than the winner. I really thought he was going to win...which is just another reason why I don't gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Raise your hand if you had Jon Rahm, in 2nd place going into the final round, shooting 8 shots worse than the winner. I really thought he was going to win...which is just another reason why I don't gamble.
    When a golf tournament is in the balance, the answer is almost always the field.

Max Homa closed that out like a boss. Congrats Max!

DP Tour news, but Patrick Reed caught cheating again. Video is pretty conclusive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...02b24e25008d70