Page 121 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3263
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I assume you are referring to the Star Wars controversy, not The Last of Us.

From my perspective, the Star Wars review bombs that emerged before the movie was even released were unfair, but also indicated that the movies were teetering on the cliff of something. At the end of the day, most people were dissatisfied with the sequel trilogy.

With The Last of Us, the review bombs keyed on a few moments in the story devoid of context. They were driven by a similar philosophy of "I don't like this and no one else should either" that I don't understand. But the overall reviews of the game sequel were overwhelmingly positive in almost every aspect.

Again, my curiosity is whether HBO will shy away from the more controversial aspects of the second game or lean into them. Either path will engender a lot of discussion, which is probably good for business at the end of the day.
    I was referring to both the Star Wars movie and the game. Both I felt made plot lines that detracted from the experience and served no purpose to the overal story.

For the Last of Us, I very much disliked an early choice they made for the plot that changed it greatly from the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I was referring to both the Star Wars movie and the game. Both I felt made plot lines that detracted from the experience and served no purpose to the overal story.

For the Last of Us, I very much disliked an early choice they made for the plot that changed it greatly from the first game.
    Interesting. I'd be interested to talk more about that in PMs. It made tons of narrative sense to me. But would definitely be a huge spoiler for the show to discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Interesting. I'd be interested to talk more about that in PMs. It made tons of narrative sense to me. But would definitely be a huge spoiler for the show to discuss here.
    Sure, I don't mind sharing in PM.

Watched the start of a series on HBO with Pedro pascal seems to be good so far. It's called the last of us .
    It's a zombie type series.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Watched the start of a series on HBO with Pedro pascal seems to be good so far. It's called the last of us .
    Just watched episode 2 and thought it was really good. This one wasn’t as long and it flew by for me. Very tense and I’m liking the characters so far. Oh yeah the infected people are creepy as heck!

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Just watched episode 2 and thought it was really good. This one wasn’t as long and it flew by for me. Very tense and I’m liking the characters so far. Oh yeah the infected people are creepy as heck!
    I don’t know, I think some of the infected seem like pretty fun-gis!

Yes, we are in. Definitely feel the video game source material.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    My wife is relieved. I've been re-watching GOT thr final countdown
    And maverick for the 75th time.
    Waiting on more Mando .

Vikings Valhalla did not disappoint. The original Vikings series was outstanding, VV season 1 was outstanding, and now season 2 is outstanding. There are so many opportunities for this series, all of which seem to be on the table given the backing by Netflix. After another season or two following Harald, Leif and Freidis, it would be very cool if they came out with a season following Leif on his trip to North America.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Vikings Valhalla did not disappoint. The original Vikings series was outstanding, VV season 1 was outstanding, and now season 2 is outstanding. There are so many opportunities for this series, all of which seem to be on the table given the backing by Netflix. After another season or two following Harald, Leif and Freidis, it would be very cool if they came out with a season following Leif on his trip to North America.
    Netflix is pretty reluctant to back shows for more than about 5 seasons. I suppose a spin off is a different case, but Netflix has no qualms about sunsetting even highly successful programs after a few years.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Vikings Valhalla did not disappoint. The original Vikings series was outstanding, VV season 1 was outstanding, and now season 2 is outstanding.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware it was out yet. I'll be binging this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Netflix is pretty reluctant to back shows for more than about 5 seasons. I suppose a spin off is a different case, but Netflix has no qualms about sunsetting even highly successful programs after a few years.
    I am a fan of cutting down a show in it's prime. Many great series have stayed on the shelf far too long, and thus have suffered cancellation without the chance of wrapping things up. Give a successful show a solid ending, and everyone is better for it. Spin-offs are a good way to keep the vibe flowing, but the original will always be remembered favorably. Of course, people might not always be happy with the ending (GOT, Sopranos), but at least the production goes out on its own terms. (And sometimes, those endings are a homerun, as in Breaking Bad.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    5 seasons? Netflix is notorious for not even ordering a second season. Makes me really frustrated.

Okay guys/gals, over the past couple of nights my wife and I watched the first two episodes of season 1 of Succession. Have any of y’all seen it? Do you recommend staying the course and watching all three seasons? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Okay guys/gals, over the past couple of nights my wife and I watched the first two episodes of season 1 of Succession. Have any of y’all seen it? Do you recommend staying the course and watching all three seasons? Thanks.
    Personally, it's one of my favorite things on TV. If you like slow burn drama, intrigue, and insane dialogue, it's great.

There aren't many likeable characters, but there are people you kinda root for and against.

It certainly isn't a "feel good" show, but I love it.

Highly.

Thanks guys. I trust both of your opinions (based on hundreds of previous comments!).

Looking forward to episode 3 this evening. Won’t have enough time to also watch episode 4 tonight because we’re heading to Austin very early tomorrow morning. Cannot wait! 😎

Thanks guys. I trust both of your opinions (based on hundreds of previous comments!).

Looking forward to episode 3 this evening. Won’t have enough time to also watch episode 4 tonight because we’re heading to Austin very early tomorrow morning. Cannot wait! 😎
    It gets pretty dang intense.

I watched Violent Night on Peacock streaming...LOL! What a horribly stupid, gratuitously violent and poorly acted movie. I enjoyed it very much.

Has anyone else watched "Killing It" on Peacock? It stars Craig Robinson (Darryl from The Office) as a Florida man who hopes to raise money for a new business by winning a state-sponsored python catching contest. Robinson is very funny and Australian comedian Claudia O'Doherty steals nearly ever scene she is in.

The first two episodes had a couple moments which made me laugh harder than anything in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t know, I think some of the infected seem like pretty fun-gis!

Yes, we are in. Definitely feel the video game source material.
    I tentatively like the series but need a rule book to understand what the infected can and cannot do...seems a bit complex...

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Haha, wife and I started watching episode 1 of “The Last of Us” on Monday. I was thinking it was a global pandemic scenario similar to Covid, but worse. But once we found out it was yet another zombie thing, I quickly searched for an alternative and came up with “Succession”.

Zombies are so played-out. Actually, they’re beyond played-out. How many times are they going to do this?? And why is it that they always portray zombies behaving in exactly the same manner? I just don’t get it.