Page 2749 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 17492249264926992739274727482749275027512759279928493249 ... LastLast
Results 54,961 to 54,980 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Outer Banks starting Saturday. I think I’ll give my 2 weeks right after, not right before.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, I love that place...a friend of mine used to winter there, talk about not many people around...he worked out a nice deal with the Ocracoke Inn or whatever that place was called...
    Wife and I spent February 2021 there. Next to no one around. Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If you have the chance, spend a day at Ocracoke. You won't be disappointed.
    I've been to Ocracoke once. My college roommate was a pilot and we rented a 2-seater plane in Greenville and landed on the patch of dirt Ocracoke called an airstrip. I could of turned coal into diamonds I was clenching so hard on that windy descent! Spent the day poking around then flew back.

Wife and I spent February 2021 there. Next to no one around. Just the way I like it.
    I really like beach towns in the off-season. My folks live in Pawleys, SC and we try to visit in Spring and/or Fall when we can. Golf crowds are still there but I don't golf so it doesn't matter. The beach weather is usually beautiful but w/o the summer crowds.

I totally get it. Ocracoke is a haul from, well, everywhere. But it is, thus far, my favorite place on the planet, so I tend to make an effort.
    yeah, I love that place...a friend of mine used to winter there, talk about not many people around...he worked out a nice deal with the Ocracoke Inn or whatever that place was called...
    Trying to figure out if we can swing a long Veterans Day weekend in Ocracoke this fall. Definitely the best time to be there. Usually spend at least one night in Buxton, mostly just to hit Orange Blossom Bakery at least once. We stay at Captain's Landing on Ocracoke. Very clean, nice porches/balconies, view of the lighthouse. (sigh!)

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Trying to figure out if we can swing a long Veterans Day weekend in Ocracoke this fall. Definitely the best time to be there. Usually spend at least one night in Buxton, mostly just to hit Orange Blossom Bakery at least once. We stay at Captain's Landing on Ocracoke. Very clean, nice porches/balconies, view of the lighthouse. (sigh!)
    We always stay in the same studio VRBO - well equipped kitchen and dog friendly. We usually go late October or early November. Ocracoke is never "crowded," but a large amount of the appeal for me is being able to walk for hours and hours and not see a single soul.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    yes, no doubt in my mind that the Fall is the best time for the outer banks...away go the crowds, the sun is more reasonable...plus much lower rental rates...and the water is still warm.

The only problem for us has been (on at least 3-4 occasions) hurricanes which disrupt our travel plans.

yes, no doubt in my mind that the Fall is the best time for the outer banks...away go the crowds, the sun is more reasonable...plus much lower rental rates...and the water is still warm.

The only problem for us has been (on at least 3-4 occasions) hurricanes which disrupt our travel plans.
    Ah. Those pesky hurricanes. If it weren't for storms, I would probably already live there.

Things you don't want to hear in your shared office building bathroom: Well, f@$#. I guess I got monkey pox.

Things you don't want to hear in your shared office building bathroom: Well, f@$#. I guess I got monkey pox.
    Did they really?

Time to transfer to the Remote Work thread?

Did they really?
    They really said it. I didn't ask follow up questions, I simply decided to take my, er, business elsewhere.

They really said it. I didn't ask follow up questions, I simply decided to take my, er, business elsewhere.
    Did they sound serious that they actually had it? Cases are still pretty rare all things considered.

If by "elsewhere" you mean the bathroom in the building across the street, then I wholeheartedly approve.

Did they sound serious that they actually had it? Cases are still pretty rare all things considered.
    There have been several cases in our county already.

Can you submit a request for a full-scale sanitizing clean for that bathroom?

True Detective Season 2 is filled with some good actors acting badly and some bad actors also acting badly.

True Detective Season 2 is filled with some good actors acting badly and some bad actors also acting badly.
    False detective?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    False detective?
    How is the 22-week old doing?

Toccoa and Fugue in D Minor

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Toccoa and Fugue in D Minor
    Damn, I left my pipe organ in my other pants.