Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Scheyer watching Cooper Flagg this morning...

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...QFPIMe0IXjrTqg

The New England domination of Duke's roster is only beginning.

Would it be bad form to give 15-year old Cooper Flagg an unfair player comp?

Size, court awareness, nose for the ball, rebounder, shot blocker, scores in a variety of ways, good defender, makes his teammates better -- just my opinion, but he reminds me of Shane Battier.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Size, court awareness, nose for the ball, rebounder, shot blocker, scores in a variety of ways, good defender, makes his teammates better -- just my opinion, but he reminds me of Shane Battier.
    Interesting and challenging comparison. If he comes to Duke, I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Interesting and challenging comparison. If he comes to Duke, I hope you are right.
    So much is going to change in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Flagg describes himself as a Duke fan who models his own game after Jayson Tatum and Grayson Allen. Battier Jr. would be fine, but I'm happy with a Grayson Tatum, III.

https://www.on3.com/news/cooper-flag...grayson-allen/

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Flagg describes himself as a Duke fan who models his own game after Jayson Tatum and Grayson Allen. Battier Jr. would be fine, but I'm happy with a Grayson Tatum, III.

https://www.on3.com/news/cooper-flag...grayson-allen/
    I think Flagg is a far more offensively gifted player than Shane was... at least early in Shane's career. Folks may forget but Shane averaged less than 8ppg as a freshman. I strongly suspect that if Cooper Flagg comes to Duke, he will average more like 16ppg, at least.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I know the whole world is going insane over Cooper Flagg, and the kid is clearly a truly special talent, but fellow 2025 big man Cameron Boozer may be getting a little sick of it.

Today, Cam (and brother Cayden's) AAU team, Nightrydas, took on Flagg's Maine United. Every big time coach in the country was on hand to watch, including Scheyer, Jai, and CWell.

The final score was Nightrydas 79, Maine U 36. I don't have all the final stats yet, but at one point late in the contest Cameron Boozer had 18 and 12 while Cooper Flagg had just 8 points.

Yeah, Cam ain't just gonna roll over and let Coop grab the #1 ranking in the class without a fight.

-Jason "this was in the EYBL Peach Jam 15u division... these guys are not playing against McCain, Mgbako, and Foster who are in the 17u division" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Led by Cameron and Cayden Boozer, Nightydas advanced to the EYBL 15u final today in another blow out (they won their quarterfinal and now semifinal games by 40+). I don't have stats yet, but I have to think that Cam is the leading contenders to be the player of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I know the whole world is going insane over Cooper Flagg, and the kid is clearly a truly special talent, but fellow 2025 big man Cameron Boozer may be getting a little sick of it.

Today, Cam (and brother Cayden's) AAU team, Nightrydas, took on Flagg's Maine United. Every big time coach in the country was on hand to watch, including Scheyer, Jai, and CWell.

The final score was Nightrydas 79, Maine U 36. I don't have all the final stats yet, but at one point late in the contest Cameron Boozer had 18 and 12 while Cooper Flagg had just 8 points.

Yeah, Cam ain't just gonna roll over and let Coop grab the #1 ranking in the class without a fight.

-Jason "this was in the EYBL Peach Jam 15u division... these guys are not playing against McCain, Mgbako, and Foster who are in the 17u division" Evans
    I tried to post these yesterday but I think it was on the wrong thread:

56AA4DF0-3B42-4BA7-93B1-CA9361D3A28C.jpg

Cameron:
    89079146-DC1B-4E5A-8AC2-0C59A48A9EC4.jpg

Cayden:
    882848C2-7FA3-4566-B564-2501E1F24217.jpg

ETA: the coach pulled Cameron for the last quarter or so of the game. It was a one-sided rout.

Oh, and Bronny decided to come sit next to me to watch:

C0803971-8981-448E-AFE0-7927D21AF3CA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oh, and Bronny decided to come sit next to me to watch:

C0803971-8981-448E-AFE0-7927D21AF3CA.jpg
    That’s Bronny?!?!?! Looks like a 40 year old man. Well, I guess his father also looked like a 40 year old man at 18, but still.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Those eyes...and that look. So much like his dad.

I tried to post these yesterday but I think it was on the wrong thread:

56AA4DF0-3B42-4BA7-93B1-CA9361D3A28C.jpg

Cameron:
    89079146-DC1B-4E5A-8AC2-0C59A48A9EC4.jpg

Cayden:
    882848C2-7FA3-4566-B564-2501E1F24217.jpg

ETA: the coach pulled Cameron for the last quarter or so of the game. It was a one-sided rout.

The guy sulking in the background (because he just had his worst game in weeks)... #32, Cooper Flagg.

The guy sulking in the background (because he just had his worst game in weeks)... #32, Cooper Flagg.
    Thanks! I did not realize he was on Maine’s team until checking DBR after the game.

To be fair to him, Nightrydas was loaded. Cameron was clearly a next level guy, but that whole team had game.

Thanks! I did not realize he was on Maine’s team until checking DBR after the game.

To be fair to him, Nightrydas was loaded. Cameron was clearly a next level guy, but that whole team had game.
    Would love to hear more of your "eye test" impressions of both Boozers (and of Cooper Flagg?).

That color uniform on the opponent will make anyone sick to their stomach.

Boozers’ team wins the age division. Nice highlights:

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/...XH87jtONPRQ_PA

Would love to hear more of your "eye test" impressions of both Boozers (and of Cooper Flagg?).
    Cameron is big and smooth. Defended all five positions, could bring the ball up and play pf post-up D, rebounded, ran the ball. Really had a complete game. Scored inside and from deep. Guarded the perimeter well. Hops.

Cayden is 5” or so shorter. Brought he ball up well, defended well, good perimeter play.

I didn’t realize it was Cooper Flagg on Maine so did not really notice, much to my shame. To be fair, their team got totally overwhelmed by the talent of Nightryders. IIRC it was 16-0 early then like 30-11 or worse. Cameron sat the last quarter or so of the game because it was so lopsided.

Cooper Flagg interview