Page 2707 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 17072207260726572697270527062707270827092717275728073207 ... LastLast
Results 54,121 to 54,140 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You can always hear U2 in Boston. I'm not really exaggerating. I collected data one time. If I was going to be in the car for more than 10 minutes, I would continuously scan the local radio stations until I heard a U2 song. I kept track of the number of 10 minute or longer trips I took for a month and scored them yes/no based on whether or not I heard U2 on the radio during the trip. 77% of trips were U2 successful.
    Around the Triangle, it is Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, Queen, and I would add U2 to this. Used to be a lot of Guns N Roses, but they seem to have cut back on that.

I tend to listen to the 80s stuff first, then classic rock.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    CD, any update on the car situation? Inquiring minds, and all that.
    No updates! They said the average wait is 3 days to 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    U2's Bad is my favorite song of all time from any artist or band. Especially the live version from Wide Awake In America. It moves me every time.

I'm the same way with "Hoochie Mama" by 2 Live Crew. Gets me every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    No updates! They said the average wait is 3 days to 3 weeks.
    I had a car stolen from me in another country and was given the police equivalent of a "shrug" when I asked him what the chances of retrieving the car was. I'm sure he was not thrilled with dealing with American tourists but it had ALL our stuff in it. We'd been in the ocean swimming and the perp must have followed us from the parking lot, nabbed all our stuff while we were swimming and then took off.

We had 1 credit card left between the three of us and I had to buy everyone new clothes, shoes, etc just to get home.

Fast forward several months and they did find the car. Almost everything of value was gone but I did get my wallet back minus credit cards. Got my hat back, too, but it was set on different settings so they tried on my hat and decided 'nahhhh...' Kind of offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    U2's Bad is my favorite song of all time from any artist or band. Especially the live version from Wide Awake In America. It moves me every time.

My youngest son chose Bono as the subject of his 3rd grade Heroes and Heroines project, with the Unforgettable Fire LP as his presentation soundtrack.

7D899E6F-40A5-47E5-A198-46B0264780DA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    My youngest son chose Bono as the subject of his 3rd grade Heroes and Heroines project, with the Unforgettable Fire LP as his presentation soundtrack.

7D899E6F-40A5-47E5-A198-46B0264780DA.jpg
    Very cool!

Nothing about Hoochie Mama? Who are you people?

Nothing about Hoochie Mama? Who are you people?
    Not everyone is the 90s rap aficionado that you are!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not everyone is the 90s rap aficionado that you are!
    And I don't understand!!!!

And I don't understand!!!!
    There's no accounting for taste.

Fast forward several months and they did find the car. Almost everything of value was gone but I did get my wallet back minus credit cards. Got my hat back, too, but it was set on different settings so they tried on my hat and decided 'nahhhh...' Kind of offended.
    Subtle brag that you have a big noggin’?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Subtle brag that you have a big noggin’?
    Quite the opposite

Quite the opposite

So, we should call you Zippy?

Someone in VT won $366.7 million in the Powerball drawing. I wonder if it was budwom?

Someone in VT won $366.7 million in the Powerball drawing. I wonder if it was budwom?
    If it was a state resident, the odds are good. I'm no statistician, but something like 25:1?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Or maybe his neighbors with the swimming horse.

The entire problem with the lottery is that you have to play to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The entire problem with the lottery is that you have to play to win.
    But the more you play the more likely you are to win so it seems fair…

I don't want to give anything away, but I'm getting a NetJets account and will fly around hurling cow turds at those who have dissed me. You know who you are. Laugh if you must, but consider a four pound cow turd travelling at 120 mph before getting too complacent.

Next stop: Lake Como where George and I will hang for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    We closed As You Like It yesterday. I've got 9 outdoor Shakespeare productions under my belt now, going back to 2014. For the first time, we had no rainouts, none, zero. It's raining today.
    My wife and I caught the performance this past Sunday in Longfellow Park. We greatly enjoyed the production -- even if we didn't completely follow everything which was going on (we're not well versed in Shakespeare and foolishly sat on the perimeter where it was hard to hear certain parts).

Am I correct to assume that you were the actor wearing the vintage Duke basketball t-shirt?