Page 66 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2417
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    It was great D by the Heat doubling and trapping Tatum to make him give up the ball and dare someone else beat them. Tatum made some great passes and White almost made the Heat pay, but a few too many of Tatums passes being soft and Brown missing two FTs doomed the Celts.

I may be in the minority here, but I love Jimmy Butlers game. And man did he bring it last night. I hope he rests up and is 100% and we get a great game 7. On the other hand, I can’t watch Bam Adebeyo. One of my main issues with the NBA (and NCAA but to a lesser extent) is that I have no idea what is a legal vs illegal screen. And I watch a lot of hoops. It’s seems that almost every screen has a slide and lean (Bam being the absolute worst, followed by Bacot), and sometimes players get called for it and sometimes not. It’s a perplexing crap shoot.
    You’re not in the minority here. I love Butler’s game and demeanor; very underrated by many fans/announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    On the other hand, I can’t watch Bam Adebeyo. One of my main issues with the NBA (and NCAA but to a lesser extent) is that I have no idea what is a legal vs illegal screen. And I watch a lot of hoops. It’s seems that almost every screen has a slide and lean (Bam being the absolute worst, followed by Bacot), and sometimes players get called for it and sometimes not. It’s a perplexing crap shoot.
    Any idea which schools Adebayo and Bacot attended? I’m searching for a possible connection.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    You’re not in the minority here. I love Butler’s game and demeanor; very underrated by many fans/announcers.
    I concur. I have nothing but respect for Jimmy Butler‘s game. Not at all a fan of Lowry though, because of all his antics and complaining to the refs. Don’t get me wrong, I recognize how good of a player he has been for a long time. But he resorts to a lot of cheap stuff in order to get calls.

And I agree about Bam as well. At least 2/3 of the screens that he sets are illegal. But he rarely gets called for them.

Plus, he looks like a young Jamie Foxx.

Can you imagine being one of the best basketball players on the planet AND looking like a movie star? This dude has got it going on. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Plus, he looks like a young Jamie Foxx.

Can you imagine being one of the best basketball players on the planet AND looking like a movie star? This dude has got it going on. 😎
    Had to look it up, but Butler was a 2 star player coming out of high school. He was ranked as the 73rd best player in Texas. He had little interest from Division 1 schools and went to community college for his first year.

He is a great NBA player. I wonder whether colleges just mis evaluated him when he was in high school or whether he really stepped up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Had to look it up, but Butler was a 2 star player coming out of high school. He was ranked as the 73rd best player in Texas. He had little interest from Division 1 schools and went to community college for his first year.

He is a great NBA player. I wonder whether colleges just mis evaluated him when he was in high school or whether he really stepped up his game.
    It could be both but I’m pretty confident that he’s stepped up his game from HS.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

Steph didn't get much love, either.

-jk

Tatum deferred to his teammates in the 2nd half. He only took 12 shots in the game (not including shots he was fouled) and made 9. He was perfect from the line. Yes he made too many TOs, but trying to get the ball to other shooters will do that.

When Marcus Smart takes more shots than anyone else; your team is in trouble. Curious if Celtics are pushing Smart to be the go to guy on O; if so big mistake.
    The problem was that Horford and Smart were missing from the start and Tatum kept passing. Sure Miami played good defense but Tatum played right into it by leaving his feet and blindly spinning into double teams. To be fair to Tatum, Brown was worse and when he struggles it puts more pressure on Jayson. I was just shocked he didn’t shoot more perimeter shots that he can get any time. He simply refused to shoot after the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter despite his teammates (other than White) struggling. Hopefully he is more alpha in game 7 and his team doesn’t sleepwalk the whole game again.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    The problem was that Horford and Smart were missing from the start and Tatum kept passing. Sure Miami played good defense but Tatum played right into it by leaving his feet and blindly spinning into double teams. To be fair to Tatum, Brown was worse and when he struggles it puts more pressure on Jayson. I was just shocked he didn’t shoot more perimeter shots that he can get any time. He simply refused to shoot after the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter despite his teammates (other than White) struggling. Hopefully he is more alpha in game 7 and his team doesn’t sleepwalk the whole game again.
    The Celts do a lot of things well, but I too have been surprised at how many times they leave their feet without knowing where they're going to pass the ball. Not a good habit.

Slow start for the Heat at home tonight. Kind of surprised me.
    They look completely outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Well, at least I have June free now. I will not watch one second of a Miami v Golden State finals.
    Hey SD, when is Game 1 of the Miami v Golden State Finals? Thursday?

Prior to game six of this series, I was going to predict that not only would Boston win this series, but they would win the championship.
    I still think that is what is going to happen.

Home teams are 2-4 (looking like it could be 2-5) in this series. I did not expect that to happen.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Only way Miami gets back into this is if Tatum shoots Boston right out of the game. He has really put up some stinkers in the last few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Prior to game six of this series, I was going to predict that not only would Boston win this series, but they would win the championship.
    I still think that is what is going to happen.
    Boston fans recognize a Celtics-targeted reverse jinx when we see one, particularly from an avowed Celtics hater. 😉

Boston fans recognize a Celtics-targeted reverse jinx when we see one, particularly from an avowed Celtics hater. 😉
    Naw. This game is over, and I genuinely think that Boston is a better team than Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Naw. This game is over, and I genuinely think that Boston is a better team than Golden State.
    This game is over??? Oh, how I wish you were a prophet!

I think the Celtics would be fortunate to escape with a 1-pt victory.

This game is over??? Oh, how I wish you were a prophet!

I think the Celtics would be fortunate to escape with a 1-pt victory.
    I'm rooting for the Heat (because they are less scary as a GS fan), but I have to say they uh got some friendly whistles that quarter.

Hey SD, when is Game 1 of the Miami v Golden State Finals? Thursday?
    Yep.

Boston let Miami back into the game in that second quarter. I think Miami rolls in the third and fourth and wins by at least 10.