View Poll Results: List the Top 5 2022 Summer Movies by US Box Office

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6)

29 93.55%
  • The Bob's Burger Movies (May 27)

0 0%
  • Top Gun: Maverick (May 27)

18 58.06%
  • Jurassic World Dominion (June 10)

27 87.10%
  • Lightyear (June 17)

25 80.65%
  • Elvis (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • The Black Phone (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 1)

14 45.16%
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8)

30 96.77%
  • Paws of Fury (July 15)

1 3.23%
  • Nope (July 22)

3 9.68%
  • Bullet Train (July 29)

1 3.23%
  • DC League of Super Pets (July 29)

0 0%
  • Bodies, Bodies, Bodies (Aug 5)

0 0%
  • Other (Put your pick in Comments)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It's in the top 5 easy, but Dr. Strange's box office plummeted after the first week.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/dr...op-1234724805/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's in the top 5 easy, but Dr. Strange's box office plummeted after the first week.

Don't blame people... the movie was only so-so, and I think people are hearing that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Want to see Dr. Strange 2 today?

The AMC Empire in New York may have a showtime that works for you.

This is not photoshopped:

-Jason "I'm sorry, but the 7:05pm showing is sold out... we do have seats for the 7:15pm showing, can you wait that long?" Evans

That screenshot reminds me of the LOTR release. I happened to be in New Zealand in December 2001 when the Fellowship of the Ring and saw a weekend premiere showing in Auckland. The entire, and I mean the ENTIRE, downtown theater was completely devoted to showing LOTR. The showings were every 15 minutes or so and every one of them packed to the gills.

Lots of fun and frankly that type of experience is what I miss about going to the theater. Only a couple of movies each year that qualify for me --- this year, it's Top Gun and, grudgingly, Jurassic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Don't blame people... the movie was only so-so, and I think people are hearing that.
    So, the studio timed it well. Still another 10 days before real competition shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, the studio timed it well. Still another 10 days before real competition shows up.
    Ahem... Downton Abby!!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ready for maverick . I have to take the wife to see
    Downtown abby for her to go see maverick.

Ahem... Downton Abby!!

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Ready for maverick . I have to take the wife to see Downtown abby for her to go see maverick.
    The things you learn...

Maverick at 95% on RT. Critics loving it!

Ahem... Downton Abby!!

I am dreading that movie .ill pick the most uncomfortable theatre i can find.my only chance to stay awake.
    🥺

I am dreading that movie .ill pick the most uncomfortable theatre i can find.my only chance to stay awake.
    ��
    The first half was pretty mediocre but it picks up in the back half. If you are a fan of the show, you will enjoy all the character resolutions we get in the final half-hour.

It is like a slightly above average extended version of the TV show. Not as clever or fun as the first movie but still worth a watch if you enjoyed the TV series.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The first half was pretty mediocre but it picks up in the back half. If you are a fan of the show, you will enjoy all the character resolutions we get in the final half-hour.

It is like a slightly above average extended version of the TV show. Not as clever or fun as the first movie but still worth a watch if you enjoyed the TV series.
    I don't really enjoy it that much .but my wife does. For better or worse I'm obligated to take her.
    She made sure everything was smooth for my flight today .so this is her turn .

Looking like about $151 mil for Top Gun during the 4-day weekend. That's a great number, the best opening of Tom Cruise's career. The film is proving to be a huge hit with critics and audiences (it scored a rare A+ cinemascore, which is really impressive).

Hard to see this flick making less than about $400 mil in total boxoffice. It will face pretty much zero competition in terms of new releases until June 10th when Jurassic World 3 opens.

So, Dr. Strange (currently at $375 mil through this weekend) and Top Gun appear to be in smooth sailing to make our top 5. It would be massively unprecedented for a film to earn $300 mil and not make our top 5 and both these flicks are going to end up over $400 mil.

As I said a couple weeks ago... I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I finally got around to seeing Dr Strange today and I was really disappointed. It had way too much hocus-pocus and special effects. I can't get into time travel or parallel universe story lines. For me it probably was my least favorite Marvel movie. But I did see a trailer of the next Thor movie and it looks like it may be a fun summer flick.
    Tom Mac

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The big question in this thread is...

How did WaveDukeFan enjoy Downton Abby?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The big question in this thread is...

How did WaveDukeFan enjoy Downton Abby?
    I don't really enjoy it that much .but my wife does. For better or worse I'm obligated to take her.
    She made sure everything was smooth for my flight today .so this is her turn .
    All we know so far is that he isn't a fan of the TV show.

Well, at least the collective mind was correct on Bob's Burgers. $12.4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    I finally got around to seeing Dr Strange today and I was really disappointed. It had way too much hocus-pocus and special effects. I can't get into time travel or parallel universe story lines. For me it probably was my least favorite Marvel movie. But I did see a trailer of the next Thor movie and it looks like it may be a fun summer flick.
    Right? Ugh. Liking it less and less as time goes on. Just no heart, no real stakes... I just did not enjoy it at all.

Thor looks great Hemsworth is just a giant beautiful goofy ball of charisma.

Kicking myself for not taking Thor. Should have replaced it over Jurassic Park. I think Lightyear is a lock. And Minions likely as well (though 5/6 will probably be JP and Minions in some
    order)

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Kicking myself for not taking Thor. Should have replaced it over Jurassic Park. I think Lightyear is a lock. And Minions likely as well (though 5/6 will probably be JP and Minions in some
    order)
    At the moment, I am seeing 6 locks for the top 5 spots.

Here’s my submission for a movie that won’t be on the board but should be: RRR

I’m still floored a day after watching it. The action is insanity. A must must see
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR