Paolo =/= Mahomes

My phone lit up when this happened, from the Miami F1 race:

"Uh oh...
    Haha, now Brundle had a full conversation with who he thought with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

He was actually talking to basketball teenage star Paolo Banchero. Brundle's wearing a wonderful colourful shirt and having loads of unashamedly awkward conversations with random people.

To be fair, I'd watch this all day if it were a 24-hour news channel."
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Came here to post about this

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

"Uh oh...
    Haha, now Brundle had a full conversation with who he thought with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

He was actually talking to basketball teenage star Paolo Banchero. Brundle's wearing a wonderful colourful shirt and having loads of unashamedly awkward conversations with random people.

Pretty funny

Clip here: https://twitter.com/TedBuddy8/status...79590638362625
    Screenshot 2022-05-08 163410.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

"Uh oh...

Was Paolo with Mark Williams? I saw on P’s Instagram on Friday that he was headed to Miami. And I think Mark and Wendell are working out for the draft in Miami, although I don’t know if they’re working out together. They have both posted pictures from the Heat playoff games. And today, Mark posted pictures from the race.

"Whatevaah"
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Paolo =/= Mahomes

Formula 1 raced in Miami today. For those unfamiliar, a big part of F1 coverage is former driver Martin Brundle doing his "grid walk," where he roams around the track looking for people to spontaneously interview. Many big names from the sporting world were there, including Paolo, which led to this great exchange where Brundle thought he was interviewing Patrick Mahomes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1523379590638362625

I always thought Paolo looked a little bit like Mahomes. Clearly a difference in size, but they’re both big. Looks like others have been getting a friendly laugh about it on Twitter, and Mahomes himself even commented on Paolo’s tweet linking the exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I always thought Paolo looked a little bit like Mahomes. Clearly a difference in size, but they’re both big. Looks like others have been getting a friendly laugh about it on Twitter, and Mahomes himself even commented on Paolo’s tweet linking the exchange.
    Paolo also has a younger brother who looks a lot like him - I saw him at the Final Four and double took. If I recall he is currently shorter than Mahomes, but given his genes, that might not last for long.

Apparently he also passed by Dwayne Wade a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Apparently he also passed by Dwayne Wade a few times...
    He did, I kept yelling at the tv.

To Brundle's credit that pit walk was nuts. Much more crowded than any I've ever seen.

I think Paolo took it all in stride and was courteous.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This simply beckons for Paolo to haggle over the Patrick Price in a State Farm commercial.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

From Mark Williams' insta--

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?